Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This dwarf is an elf  (Read 1171 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
This dwarf is an elf
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »

Starting a new fort. While preparing for the journey, I look at my very first of the starting seven...

"She personally thinks romance is very important in life, has a deep respect for animals, plants, and the natural world, and values good craftsdwarfship. She dreams of falling in love."

Geez. Think I'll make her a butcher / woodcutter / wood burner.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

NomeQueEuLembro

• Bay Watcher
  • [COFFE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: This dwarf is an elf
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »

Make her an leatherwork/woodcrafter. Decreases points in three-hugging and increase points in craftsdwarfing. Then lock she in a room with a legendary woodcutter/butcher so she falls in love with him.
Likes weremammoths for it's awesomeness. Also, got a trumpet that menaces with spikes of sheep wool.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:56:46 pm »

Man I was hoping you had a real elf amongst your starting 7, when I began to read.
Was interested if they now behave as proper citizens.
So disappointing.

Tell us if making her woodcutter will cause negative thoughts on her or if she gets happy thoughts for working outdoors.

Fat Friar

• Bay Watcher
  • Now you're thinking with magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:26:37 pm »

Tell us if making her woodcutter will cause negative thoughts on her or if she gets happy thoughts for working outdoors.

"She took joy in slaughter lately."
Nobles always ask for a nice tomb. See that they make good use of it.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 04:33:24 pm »

I thought my dwarf is an elf... "She is a vulgar being who does not care a lick for even the most basic rules of civilized living (…) She is not driven and rarely feels the need to pursue even a modest success." Well, just like elves.

Another thing I find strange is that most of dwarves who "never fall in love" have husbands. I wonder why they got married. Money?

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:01 pm »

Don't even get me started on inappropriateness...

My poor human civ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:56:29 pm »

Money?
1 - Security
2 - Custom
3 - BABIES

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 06:19:30 pm »

Don't even get me started on inappropriateness...

My poor human civ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And not a single dwarf. Humans in your world must really hate dwarfs.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 06:50:49 pm »

purge the impure from your civ.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

mimmfantry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 07:30:10 pm »

Another thing I find strange is that most of dwarves who "never fall in love" have husbands. I wonder why they got married. Money?

"Love" as the reason to get married fairly new concept; Arranged marriages have been around forever. Although DF doesnt have dynamic social structure yet, meaning the more modern day concept is the only way marriage would happen (happenstance).

ComatosePhoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 08:49:54 pm »

Starting a new fort. While preparing for the journey, I look at my very first of the starting seven...

"She personally thinks romance is very important in life, has a deep respect for animals, plants, and the natural world, and values good craftsdwarfship. She dreams of falling in love."

Geez. Think I'll make her a butcher / woodcutter / wood burner.

Eh, the only elf-like quality she has is the respect for animals, plants, and the natural world. Respect comes in many forms, It is a good dwarf that can appreciate the beauty of a Wild Elephant, Graceful, strong. A glorious sight weather smashing in the head of foolish dwarven fisherman or a wicked goblin, and equally beautiful served with dwarven wine on +CatBone plates+.

Maker her a Carpenter/Animal Trainer/Chef. there's nothing wrong with appreciating the natural world, as long as you don't consider yourselves subservient to it.