Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immaculate conception?: The coming of the Bearded Savior  (Read 705 times)

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Immaculate conception?: The coming of the Bearded Savior
« on: August 11, 2014, 09:33:37 am »

Firstly, apologies to anyone offended by talk of immaculate conceptions creating super beings.

Secondly, wow!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifrf79njvggj98y/Screenshot%202014-08-11%2015.27.31.png

One of my first 7 dwarves just conceived a child despite having no male relationships and no previous ones either. Could this be the work of her two deities? Her most ardently worshipped deity Nashas Esteemflicker is God of Lightning and Rain.

Storm coming?

Edit:  Don't mind me, playing the wrong version without the bugfix by mistake. Mods delete the thread?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:51:53 am by Thor »
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

JonathanCR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Immaculate conception?: The coming of the Bearded Savior
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:39:38 am »

Sounds interesting - but I have to step in and point out: the immaculate conception is not the virgin birth.

(Most) Christians believe that Jesus had no human father, and that Mary, his mother, was a virgin when she conceived him. That's called the virgin birth.

Catholics believe, in addition to this, that Mary herself had an unusual conception: she did have a human father, and her mother was not a virgin; nevertheless, the conception happened in a miraculous way that prevented the transmission of original sin. Consequently, although Mary's conception happened in what we'll euphemistically call the usual way, she did not inherit any sin, and was therefore able to lead a sin-free life.

The term "immaculate conception" refers to this. It does not refer to the conception of Jesus. What you're talking about is a dwarven virgin birth, not an immaculate conception.

As you were.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Immaculate conception?: The coming of the Bearded Savior
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:49:30 am »

You can lock the thread yourself if you want to. Chances are Toady won't see it unless someone reports it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.