Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.40.07] Goblins everywhere in 250 years  (Read 3120 times)

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.07] Goblins everywhere in 250 years
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 01:13:13 pm »

Indeed, goblins do spin out of control. I've witnessed this behavior in 40.06 as well. The only thing I found to keep them in bay is reducing their lifespan below 50 years. Anything greater than that leads to rampant overpopulation. Just turn off site cap and watch them eat up the world.
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.07] Goblins everywhere in 250 years
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 02:36:20 am »

Indeed, goblins do spin out of control. I've witnessed this behavior in 40.06 as well. The only thing I found to keep them in bay is reducing their lifespan below 50 years. Anything greater than that leads to rampant overpopulation. Just turn off site cap and watch them eat up the world.

It was inevitable.

I actually just genned a world which is in an "age of goblins". The continent is essentially divided down the middle by a big mountainrange with a huge goblin sprawl on the eastern side and elven, dwarven and human settlements in the west. I like it - it has a sort of apocalyptic feel, being outgunned like that.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."
Pages: 1 [2]