Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Small (ISG)  (Read 3713 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Small (ISG)
« on: August 09, 2014, 02:38:24 pm »

You come into existence in the form of a squat humanoid figure, not exactly crudely shaped, but not perfectly refined, either. You are standing on the center of a stone slab with the sun directly overhead. To the west, you can see some trees, and there is nothing but grass until the eastern horizon.

What do you do?
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Small (ISG)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

Explore the planet.  Go left until we reach the same spot or an obstacle.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:39:36 pm »

Move away from screen.
Take a closer look at this text!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 02:53:28 pm »

Move away from screen.
Screen? What screen?
Explore the planet.  Go left until we reach the same spot or an obstacle.
You walk through the forest for a few minutes until suddenly, a somewhat reptilian person pops up from behind a tree. He makes some sort of call: maybe a summons, maybe a warcry. It is answered in kind by two more lizard people that you didn't notice until now, who are perched in the trees above you.
You notice that the sun has moved quite a ways since you started walking.

What do you do?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 03:00:34 pm »

Greet them, of course! Ask about their culture!

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 03:06:41 pm »

Greet them, of course! Ask about their culture!
Hello! What is your culture like?
You are answered by the first lizard person, the one on the ground, in a very gravelly voice.
Greetings. We live in the forest. We eat the fruit of the trees and the roots of the grass. I am named Ror'shol, Ror the leader. They are named Gar'for and Rah'for, Gar the gatherer and Rah the gatherer. What is your name?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 03:10:31 pm »

We don't have one, of course! We are nameless, but intend to travel this land and learn all there is to learn! Of course, whatever would be simplest for them to call you would be perfectly fine, and while it may sound a bit selfish, we feel slightly excited by the idea of being named different things by different groups!
Plus, when others ask who we are, we can tell them our titles.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »

We don't have one, of course! We are nameless, but intend to travel this land and learn all there is to learn! Of course, whatever would be simplest for them to call you would be perfectly fine, and while it may sound a bit selfish, we feel slightly excited by the idea of being named different things by different groups!
Plus, when others ask who we are, we can tell them our titles.
Hmm... we will name you Nar'shan, Nar the walker. If your journey continues to the west, I must warn you: past the forest you will find a cave, in which lurks a evil dragon, Ganar'har-shad, Ganar the flame of Death. This beast burns the forest and withers the grass. It is terrifying! Are you sure you want to take such a risk?

What do you do?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »

Do it.

I don't see the harm (or any other option :p) Ask them if they will brave this task with us.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 06:46:23 pm »

Ask if they know of anyone who may know or have a method to defeat such a beast? Perhaps to the East?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »

Do it.

I don't see the harm (or any other option :p) Ask them if they will brave this task with us.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 07:44:48 pm »

Ask if they know of anyone who may know or have a method to defeat such a beast? Perhaps to the East?

+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 01:10:45 pm »

Do it.

Very well. Gar'for and Rah'for have no experience fighting, but I will go with you to confront Ganar'har-shad. Perhaps my sling will find a weakness in the monster's scales.

I know little of the world, but Nor'fash, Nor the shaman, may know of something to aid us.
Ror'shol gives another strange cry, and it is answered from farther into the forest. While you are waiting for the shaman to arrive, you notice that the sky is already orange with the sunset.

When Nor'fash arrives, he gives you two suggestions in an odd, almost humming voice.
Every fourth year, a single tree in the forest bears wonderous fruit: berries that, when crushed, releases a great tide of water. These may be used to shield yourself from the dragon's fire.

You receive a pouch of water berries!

As for defeating it, there is no weapon in the whole forest that would pierce its black armour. However, in the far east of the world, there is a group of dwarves who forged blades for the gods themselves. They may have a weapon with which you could slay the dragon, but they are selfish and wary of outsiders.

What do you do?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 01:13:23 pm »

Hm.

Nod thoughtfully and suggest they go with you to see the dwarves. Wary of outsiders though they may be, perhaps we can convince them that the dragon is probably guarding great riches.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 01:19:00 pm »

Hm.

Nod thoughtfully and suggest they go with you to see the dwarves. Wary of outsiders though they may be, perhaps we can convince them that the dragon is probably guarding great riches.
+1
Pages: [1] 2 3