Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You are a Night Lord! [TSG]  (Read 4479 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Night Lord! [TSG]
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:22 pm »

You are a steampunk demon pactmaster! Welcome to the world of Matera, on the mining outpost of Aston, a small colonial mining town in the desert. The main exports are coal and tin, and the population reaches around a thousand or so. Your nameless cult reside in an abandoned mine-shaft and perform their sacrilegious activities there, but they assume normal identities when they return to Aston. Your true name is an unpronounceable secret, but your followers know you as Zurqueos, the Mighty, the night lord of Aston.

Your cult consists of 15 men and women of different ages and backgrounds. Chief among them is the cult leader Zachary Reed, an influential young noble with an affinity for the occult and strange. His second-in-command is Ahmed Abdul, a native of the desert. He was once a witch-doctor of his tribe but was banished for consorting with evil spirits. He is the only one in your cult who can actually hear you and see you.

Your cult was recently established a month ago when you surfaced to the world and met Ahmed, who corrupted the promising Zachary Reed and his flock of friends. They have been idle all this time, but now you strike at the world and make the heavens tremble.

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Ahmed communes with you in the altar in the center of the conclave. "Master, I bring you requests from your humble servants. It will further our goals," he says in his raspy, old voice. He bows and opens up a scroll with the three choices he has given you.

Quest I: We need more money. Rob a mine. Devastation.
Quest II: We need more souls. Kidnap a human. Mixed.
Quest III: We need more followers. Corrupt more people in the streets. Dominion.

Your minions you have with you:

Creatures: Giant Cave Scorpion It resides in the abandoned mine-shaft (it's the reason it was abandoned) and scares off any curious enough to enter. It looks pretty cool too.

Cultists: Human A pretty average minion who can do a variety of tasks.

Dark Minions: None for now. They can be summoned with souls.

Spoiler: Last time (click to show/hide)

Resources in your Dominion:
1 Giant Cave Scorpion (GCS)

13 Humans

2 Commanders (Ahmed and Zachary)

You (incorporeal)

Pick a quest and rule the world!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 07:34:14 pm »

Let's check out the mine.

Take Ahmed, your scorpion, five cultists, and yourself to the mine, attempting to kill anyone inside. Once we're done, safely trigger a cave-in if possible. Have the remaining cultists look into any other particularly dangerous wildlife similar to the GCS in the area.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 07:39:11 pm »

Take Ahmed, your scorpion, five cultists, and yourself to the mine, attempting to kill anyone inside. Once we're done, safely trigger a cave-in if possible. Have the remaining cultists look into any other particularly dangerous wildlife similar to the GCS in the area.

One quest at a time, my boy, one at a time. (Just saying, you're incorporeal, so basically you'd just float around while everyone else did things, which won't give a bonus. Later on in downkeep or the next upkeep you can try to possess one of your followers to get a body)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 07:44:45 pm »

One quest at a time, my boy, one at a time. (Just saying, you're incorporeal, so basically you'd just float around while everyone else did things, which won't give a bonus. Later on in downkeep or the next upkeep you can try to possess one of your followers to get a body)
...Er...That *IS* one quest, it's just a very detailed description of how I'd like said quest to be done. Unless you mean cultists looking into wildlife. I meant that as more of an RP thing, I didn't expect anything to actually come of it.

Also, assuming we wouldn't give a bonus if we're disembodied, wait in the mine shaft. If we do still give a bonus sans body, then follow along.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 07:48:22 pm »

...Er...That *IS* one quest, it's just a very detailed description of how I'd like said quest to be done. Unless you mean cultists looking into wildlife. I meant that as more of an RP thing, I didn't expect anything to actually come of it.

Also, assuming we wouldn't give a bonus if we're disembodied, wait in the mine shaft. If we do still give a bonus sans body, then follow along.

Yeah, I meant the wildlife thing, sorry. That makes sense.
Dying of laughter?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 08:10:45 pm »

Dominion mission.
Send all the cultists + Zachary

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 08:21:17 pm »

Corrupt people. Send Zachary and the cultists.

Doesn't getting more followers automatically lead to more human sacrifices?

By the way, let's not do the thing where we decide we're not actually evil even though the point of the game is that we're evil.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 08:24:47 pm »

Why would we do that? We are a spawn of satan.

Also, there is no story to justify such a decision yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 08:38:03 pm »

Quest III! Send 9 humans and Zachary to convert more humans to our cause!

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »

Why would we do that? We are a spawn of satan.

Also, there is no story to justify such a decision yet.

It happened with the Evil Overlord game, so I just hope this game won't be ruined as well.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 08:57:08 pm »

((What kind of hellbeast would be a mad tinkerer type? I'd think imp but you're using a different demonic hierarchy from what I'm used to.))

+1
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:59:00 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 10:25:26 pm »

+1
+1
Take a closer look at this text!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2014, 10:31:46 pm »

+1
+1
+1
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014, 11:47:22 pm »

"Ahmed, my pitiful insect, I deem that we shall rob the mine!" you whisper in his head.

Ahmed is filled with fervor. "It will be done, great one!"

Your cultists saddle up the scorpion and Ahmed takes the mount and leads your raiding party. You tag along with them as they make the short trip to the other mines nearby. You spot the one you were looking for, a mine that lucked out and found silver in it. There's one guard right now, since it's midnight, and he seems to be reading a magazine. You can hear the clanging of picks and the buzz of drills deeper in the mine.

Ahmed gives a nod to the hiding cultists. "Kill everyone. Take everything of value."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The guard puts down his magazine just in time to see your cultists coming down on him. He draws his rifle and is about to press the alarm, but Ahmed kills him with his blowdart just in time. The ensuing chaos begins as your cultists kill the miners inside and steal the silver and mining equipment. You are pleased with their work. Just the mere bloodshed and chaos fuels you and you feel powerful. When you are done, you order Ahmed to plant explosives around the mine to simulate a cave-in. The rocks come falling down on the mine while your forces wait safe outside. Your first act of terror is a success!

Gained fortune of silver!

Gained mining equipment!

You left no survivors nor witnesses!

Downkeep

You return to the conclave, your cultists reveling in the night's bloodshed and flaunting their spoils. A few other cultists also returned from scouting the area. They found a few camels but there were no giant animals. The GCS was a pretty lucky find in these parts. You now have a huge amount of valuable silver to do whatever your satanic heart desires. You also have mining equipment, in case you want to maybe mine.
Dying of laughter?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 12:27:20 am »

Have Ahmed choose the most physically fit cultist at our disposal. Tell the (un)lucky cultist that he has been chosen for ascension to the rank of Champion of Zurqueos the Mighty. Possess the cultist. If there's still time, find where he lives and leave a note with the following:

To whom it may concern,

I cannot take another day of life in Aston. I've fled my life here and went elsewhere to seek glory as a tinker under a new name. Do not come searching for me. Goodbye.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4