Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 35532 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC: Gobbos
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:40 pm »

Ronnoc begins to wonder when he's going to find something interesting.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 10:03:46 pm »

"Oh is that true Mr. Elf? I'll put that in my mental shelf. But for now I'm feeling bored. I shall check on yonder board. You may say "Thatdoes not Count!" but they are only the same in how they're pronounced."

Izalith walks over and Read the Job board specifically for easy tasks or something that would make use of the dwarf.
Happy to have found someone who seemed amenable to his company, Jadel followed Izalith and attempted to read the board over her shoulder. Realizing the monumental difficulty associated with that idea, he settled for waiting for her to summarize the tasks. Besides, he was beginning to like the whole rhyming thing... Or maybe he was just sobering up enough to understand it.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2014, 10:26:16 pm »

"Ah hello little fuzzy friend, I see you are with me yet again. I've read the board and I find: Two jobs for that will be just fine. The first of which concerning many a bee, is simply not the one for me. They sting and bite and fly and swarm, my feelings towards them are anti-warm. Yet, my friend, I think you'll find, this second task to be most kind. How is you feel of Kobolds? I view them, personally, as less than mold. It is the captain we must seek, to get a paycheck within the week. To summarize my darling dear, we'll hit kobolds and take their gear. Then we will take their things, all the while avoiding stings. Returning here after their slaughter, we get paid in a short... Order." Izalith was frowning now. Her rhyming was never particularly good, per se, but she always rhymed. Now she was having to twist words just to get them to fit the pattern.

What a bother.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2014, 10:29:01 pm »

"Ah hello little fuzzy friend, I see you are with me yet again. I've read the board and I find: Two jobs for that will be just fine. The first of which concerning many a bee, is simply not the one for me. They sting and bite and fly and swarm, my feelings towards them are anti-warm. Yet, my friend, I think you'll find, this second task to be most kind. How is you feel of Kobolds? I view them, personally, as less than mold. It is the captain we must seek, to get a paycheck within the week. To summarize my darling dear, we'll hit kobolds and take their gear. Then we will take their things, all the while avoiding stings. Returning here after their slaughter, we get paid in a short... Order." Izalith was frowning now. Her rhyming was never particularly good, per se, but she always rhymed. Now she was having to twist words just to get them to fit the pattern.

What a bother.
"Oh, aye! I'd rather hit kobolds than be stung by bees. But, is it wise for the two of us alone to go after them."
My Area

Ta_veren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2014, 10:48:43 pm »

When Faile stepped out of the inn to follow Ronnoc he had disappeared so quickly that even her good eyes could not see him. Shrugging her shoulders, not too attached to the idea of possibly fighting goblins anyway, she heard the mug throwing dwarf mention kobolds. "They sound like they'd accept help from me," she thought to herself.

She walked back in to the inn and made her way past the stage and crowd until she was towering over the dwarf and nearly head taller than the rhyming sorceress.

"Might I offer my assistance if you decide to go after these kobolds? I too find them preferable to bees. Kobolds can't fly," Faile said smuggly. It was quite true. She found her wings less advantageous when going up against flying opponents.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2014, 10:56:20 pm »

"Hm well that, with you, makes three. Much better than just the dwarf and me... Something that man over there said sticks, I believe his skilled in certain magics. My idea is with just us four, we can go march out that door. Find the captain man in the hold, to see if he'll pay for these kobolds. If it is yes we can share, Split four way even sounds fair. What say you dwarf, man, and bird? Is my plan not too absurd?"

Inwardly she was smiling. 'Those hapless dupes will fall right into it! I negotiate a price in private, they kill the kobolds, and then I take a small finders fee! It's brilliant! Oh, I'll be set for quite some time if this goes properly.' She thought to herself.

Ta_veren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2014, 11:02:01 pm »

"Hm well that, with you, makes three. Much better than just the dwarf and me... Something that man over there said sticks, I believe his skilled in certain magics. My idea is with just us four, we can go march out that door. Find the captain man in the hold, to see if he'll pay for these kobolds. If it is yes we can share, Split four way even sounds fair. What say you dwarf, man, and bird? Is my plan not too absurd?"

Inwardly she was smiling. 'Those hapless dupes will fall right into it! I negotiate a price in private, they kill the kobolds, and then I take a small finders fee! It's brilliant! Oh, I'll be set for quite some time if this goes properly.' She thought to herself.

Faile smiled outwardly. She liked this woman who wouldn't stop rhyming. "Not too absurd I think."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2014, 11:07:57 pm »

"Four, that sounds great! Enough to be safe, few enough I still get to hit a few bolds."
My Area

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2014, 11:25:58 pm »

Izalith smiled and lightly clapped one in delight while keeping her hands clasped she spoke "Excellent my merry band, out victory is close at hand. It all depends on him of course. Without him we'll do much worse." So saying Izalith walked back to Merathul "I don't recall yet if I asked, but we could use assistance with a task. You will get your share of golds, if you help us kill rowdy kobolds. Me and her and him and you, I believe this makes a party true. An even split I do suggest, work with us. It's for the best."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2014, 12:32:22 am »

Keep running! If possible, break line of sight and hide. If not, just keep heading towards the village.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2014, 01:18:59 am »

Merathul collects his stuff and moves over to the job board, scanning it for anything of interest.

Help wanted with goblins - see Rurda in the Waystone Inn

Help wanted with giant bees - see Orfold in 1421 Juniper St.

Help wanted with Kobold camp in northern forest - See Cpt. Turnai.
"Kobolds, eh, interesting... And giant bees, those sound quite promising indeed! Goblins in the area, though, that could be problematic..."
He heads over to the bartender.
"Good sir, if I might trouble you for a moment, I note that the job board lists several issues in need of solving in the local area; could you be so kind as to shed some light as to the state of security in the nearby area?"
The bartender nonchalantly looks up to him. He's a human of average height, brown eyes and short blonde hair. He sets a dirty mug down.
 "Security in Rhudas has always been terrible - the dominion doesn't send enough damn troops here, so we have so much to deal with on our own."

A woman sitting beside Merathul sets her mug of ale down. She appears to be human as well, dressed in common clothing. Her eyes are aquamarine and her hair is long and dressed in a ponytai.
"That's why Rhudas is called 'The City of Adventure'. We need other people to do our work for us. People came and set up shops for adventurers passing through, so it attracts much business as well."
"I see. An unfortunate situation. Have there been any particularly problematic threats on the roads recently?"

Izalith smiled and lightly clapped one in delight while keeping her hands clasped she spoke "Excellent my merry band, out victory is close at hand. It all depends on him of course. Without him we'll do much worse." So saying Izalith walked back to Merathul "I don't recall yet if I asked, but we could use assistance with a task. You will get your share of golds, if you help us kill rowdy kobolds. Me and her and him and you, I believe this makes a party true. An even split I do suggest, work with us. It's for the best."
"And the details of this task, the reason for killing these Kobolds?"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2014, 05:28:36 am »

Quote from: Initiative
Anderson
Goblin 3 [Healthy]
Goblin 2 [Healthy]
Goblin 1 [Healthy]

Runs further!

Goblin 1 walks back to camp.

Goblin 2 throws her javelin at Anderson!
[21] VS [AC 15] The javelin strikes right into his back and deals 3 damage to him unless he reduces it.

Goblin 3 throws his javelin at Anderson!
[13] VS [AC 15] The javelin flies past him.

The goblins yell at him before going back to their camp.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:56 am »

Immediate reaction: Use 1 psi point to reduce the damage by 2.
Also take the javelins, even if they are broken.

As the wound sealed up to little more than a scratch, Anderson snarled in fury. They would dare attack an unarmed man who was merely trying to warn them? Fine. They would be with the Presence soon, and the world would be better off for it.

Gathering the javelins, he returned to the tavern, marched inside, and held them high. He announced:
"The goblins proved to be more aggressive than I anticipated. We must strike now, before they decide to move camp and continue their raids. Who is with me?"

If one or more javelins are broken, he tosses the broken ones to the ground. If one or more are intact, he offers them as "sign-on" bonuses to any who will help him.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2014, 11:38:21 am »

"Well me and my three friends here, are willing to help for a modest fare. Seeing as you turned us down, I think that you should pay up now. Two hundred gold split five ways, is 40 each when we get pays. However, since you obviously, cannot handle them we see. I reccomend a tiny fee, of five gold each for us to be, willing to come to your aid, and then off we go to get paid. If you ask me this seems quite fair, 45 for us and then there, is 20 gold for you. Yes, I think that this will do." Izalith figured the man would have to agree. After all, he obviously was in a bad spot and wanted the goblins dead for personal reasons now. Plus two hundred gold split five ways wouldn't be worth much. Better to high-ball it than go too low.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2014, 11:40:17 am »

"Well me and my three friends here, are willing to help for a modest fare. Seeing as you turned us down, I think that you should pay up now. Two hundred gold split five ways, is 40 each when we get pays. However, since you obviously, cannot handle them we see. I reccomend a tiny fee, of five gold each for us to be, willing to come to your aid, and then off we go to get paid. If you ask me this seems quite fair, 45 for us and then there, is 20 gold for you. Yes, I think that this will do." Izalith figured the man would have to agree. After all, he obviously was in a bad spot and wanted the goblins dead for personal reasons now. Plus two hundred gold split five ways wouldn't be worth much. Better to high-ball it than go too low.
"Aye! You give me the heeby jeebies, and you're arrogant besides!"
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35