Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 35514 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC: Gobbos
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2014, 10:38:42 pm »

"I do not always have to rhyme... It merely helps to pass the time."
"I've spent enough time on long trips to understand that motivation."

"Hey! I may not be good with words, but I know you didn't answer the question! Whatareya!?"
"I am Merathul the Magnificent, travelling Magician! I am neither a Wizard, nor a Sorcerer. Must every man with a measure of magic be merged in labelled masses for mere convenience?"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2014, 10:50:24 pm »

"Hey! I may not be good with words, but I know you didn't answer the question! Whatareya!?"
"I am Merathul the Magnificent, travelling Magician! I am neither a Wizard, nor a Sorcerer. Must every man with a measure of magic be merged in labelled masses for mere convenience?"
This outburst of words quickly confused the dwarf, who refused to back out of the conversation, but also couldn't contribute meaningfully to a discussion on the classifications of magic users. "Erm... No? Maybe? Hey! Rhyming person! Err... You answer the question!"
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2014, 10:55:06 pm »

Izalith shook her head gently before replying "Those two types are seen the most, I figured you'd like a chance to boast. The masses class us all as one: Say 'magic' and they soon are done. There are thousands of specialities, I picked the two most common for ease, you see? Is that really such a crime? If we named them all it'd waste your time. Understeand I meant no disrespect, though you took some I do suspect. Can we all just not agree, that you have magic same as me?"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2014, 11:04:16 pm »

Izalith shook her head gently before replying "Those two types are seen the most, I figured you'd like a chance to boast. The masses class us all as one: Say 'magic' and they soon are done. There are thousands of specialities, I picked the two most common for ease, you see? Is that really such a crime? If we named them all it'd waste your time. Understeand I meant no disrespect, though you took some I do suspect. Can we all just not agree, that you have magic same as me?"
This did not help the dwarf understand. Not. One. Bit. "Goddammit! I asked for an answer, not a riddle! Whatever! What she said!! Lets just be done with this magic bit shall we?"
Jadel was looking increasingly uncomfortable that he didn't understand the conversation taking place.
My Area

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

"The same could be said for you!" the goblin yells back.

Quote from: Initiative
Anderson
Goblin 3 [Healthy]
Goblin 2 [Healthy]
Goblin 1 [Healthy]

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
((Which way leads back to town? Up?))
((Yes))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2014, 05:16:13 pm »

"Well if this is too complex, we will cease our talk of hex, We will speak instead of gold, because if I may be as bold, to suggest that we small three, could make a fortune since we be, of the most peculiar sort, and my funds are running short... So how about we check younder board? Do what must to earn a hoard, of gold and silver and of gem. If others join we'll make use of them. So my friends is their a deal? Or shall I be a lonely... wheel?" Izalith stumbled for a rhyme in the last portion but figured she got her point across.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2014, 06:29:04 pm »

The bartender chuckles to Izalith's rhyme as he washes a dirty mug with a cloth.

Light fills the tavern as the doors creak open - heads turn to the light as murmers fill the tavern. As the light fades, three people walk in - a dry-green orc with a greataxe strapped to his back, and metal armor covering his chest and legs. There is an average looking wood elf donned in basic studded armor - his hair is blonde and his eyes are blue. The last one appears to be a kobold woman standing nonchalantly, a crossbow on her belt.

"Make way, ya' scrubs!" the Orc snarls as he pushes through, knocking an empty chair over in his wake. The average elf simply walks behind and the kobold girl catches up with a start.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »

"Well if this is too complex, we will cease our talk of hex, We will speak instead of gold, because if I may be as bold, to suggest that we small three, could make a fortune since we be, of the most peculiar sort, and my funds are running short... So how about we check younder board? Do what must to earn a hoard, of gold and silver and of gem. If others join we'll make use of them. So my friends is their a deal? Or shall I be a lonely... wheel?" Izalith stumbled for a rhyme in the last portion but figured she got her point across.
Jadel thought the rhyming bit was odd, but something caught his attention... "Gold and gems! Aye! Those be words e'en a drunken fool like me can un'erstan'!"

At the arrival of the loud newcomers he seemed ready to throw another mug, but thought better of it upon seeing the orc.
My Area

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2014, 06:46:15 pm »

Izalith ponders to herself for a moment before discounting the Orc as a viable mark. He would likely get violent if it didn't work. "Well I think you heard the Orc," she said addressing her conversational partners "But to make our way we must have work. Silver, Gems and Gold galore. This is what we have in store."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2014, 06:48:04 pm »

The orc gives Izalith a glare, as he does with everyone else, and proceeds to order six mugs of ale. The elven man sighs and sits next to the orc, while the kobold girl climbs onto the stool and sits down.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2014, 07:06:49 pm »

Izalith ponders to herself for a moment before discounting the Orc as a viable mark. He would likely get violent if it didn't work. "Well I think you heard the Orc," she said addressing her conversational partners "But to make our way we must have work. Silver, Gems and Gold galore. This is what we have in store."
"Aye! Those words sound better every time you say them! Maybe I should try that rhyming thing. Gold! And... Er.. Why the hell doesn't beer rhyme with gold?"
My Area

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:37 pm »

"It does in the Abyssal language," the woof elf man calmly says. His orc friend is mashing his fist against the table while downing ale.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:37 pm »

Anderson was no coward, but he was also not powerful enough to take three-one odds. Not yet, anyway. He opted for an ignoble retreat.

Run (up) as fast as possible!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2014, 08:06:51 pm »

Quote from: Initiative
Anderson
Goblin 3 [Healthy]
Goblin 2 [Healthy]
Goblin 1 [Healthy]

Anderson retreats!
Goblin 1 swings at Anderson with his morningstar!
[14] VS [AC 15] The morningstar glances off of Anderson's armor, granting him a hasty retreat!

Goblin 2 drops her morningstar while bringing out her javelin.

Goblin 3 drops his morningstar while bringing out his javelin.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2014, 09:14:40 pm »

"Oh is that true Mr. Elf? I'll put that in my mental shelf. But for now I'm feeling bored. I shall check on yonder board. You may say "Thatdoes not Count!" but they are only the same in how they're pronounced."

Izalith walks over and Read the Job board specifically for easy tasks or something that would make use of the dwarf.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35