Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 35475 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile

"Chyron - a mysterious world of magic and mystery, swords and blood... Filled with a history stained with hidden histories and unsolved enigmas, of monarchs rising and the people revolting - of wars of grand scale - of renowned figures who changed it all, from sparking new innovations and proving their might in the battlefield to mastering the secrets of magic. Chyron has it all, and is still having it." - Lainas Lockwood, Founder of Lockwood Co.

OOC Thread

Everyone finds themselves in a popular tavern known as the Waystone Inn, a large tavern in the town of Rhudas. The place is teeming with activity as commoners of all races are drinking ales and wines, cheerfully clanking their mugs together and drinking away. A group of stout and bearded dwarves laugh in the corner as they drink large mugs of ale, each one wiping their ale-sodden beards after a large chug. One particularly interesting sight is the large job board mounted in the corner of the large room of the inn.
   A halfing man in a brown tunic and fine cloth shorts stands up on the stage with a lute caressed gently in his hands. He begins to play a soft melody, his small fingers gracefully working up the arm of the lute as he plucks each other string with astounding dexterity. After he stops playing, the small crowd of people sitting before him enter a flurry of claps, prompting the halfling to quickly bow and make his way off-stage.
   This time a human man with short black hair and jet black eyes stands on the stage, clearing his throat. The inn-keeper, Bardum Legimeir.

"Next up is... Merathul the magnificent!" he shouts out as the crowd raises their arms and claps, cheering as the man jumps off of the stage.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:15:56 pm by PrivateNomad »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - IC
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:11:52 pm »

Ronnoc is sitting at a table, in the corner, drinking ale.

That's basically it. Just a quick notification of where I am in case a bar fight breaks out or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »

It was far easier conning a drunk than one who was sober. Thus Izalith often found herself in this tavern picking out easy marks. Still, nothing wrong with enjoying a show "Magnificent he claims to be." She said to Lump as she gently petted him while he sat on the table "Let us watch and we will see."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 11:16:39 pm »

A very tall man in a trenchcoat is reading the job board. He looks human, but there is something indefinably "off" about him and quite a few keep their distance.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 11:32:21 pm »

Aland takes another swig of his watered-down wine. He loves watching the performances. They remind him of his home. He chuckles at the name of the next performer before leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 02:49:54 am »

((Oh, hey, thread.))
A raven flutters onstage, carrying a cloak bundled in its beak and talons, before releasing the hold on it it had with its talons, allowing the bottom edge of the cloak to fall to trail on the ground.
The raven then drops the other end of the cloak, revealing a tall, flamboyantly dressed human, a lizard perched on one shoulder, who takes a bow and snatches the cloak out of the air mid-fall, twirling and settling it round his shoulders onehanded mid-bow and dropping his arm down across his chest to finish the bow.
"Greetings, good townspeople, fellow travellers, worthy adventurers, and welcome to Merathul the Magnificent's travelling show, where I, Merathul the Magnificent, will delight you with feats of magic, dexterity, and performance!"
Saying this, he flourishes one hand in the air, a whistle appearing in the hand out of seemingly nowhere, and blows it, producing no sound but causing the raven to swoop down, pick up the lizard, and carry it to an onstage table, where the raven sets the lizard down and perches beside it, the lizard sitting up and rolling over once it has been set down.

((In the interests of not taking several days to create an entire act that would probably end up not having most of it happen the same way anyway because of audience interaction, just posting this for now))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:28:19 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 11:19:43 am »

Jadel yelled loudly, already a little drunk, "Get the animals off stage and get on with the show."
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »

A very tall man in a trenchcoat is reading the job board. He looks human, but there is something indefinably "off" about him and quite a few keep their distance.
He reads over the job board - every other job save for three have been taken.
Help wanted with goblins - see Rurda in the Waystone Inn

Help wanted with giant bees - see Orfold in 1421 Juniper St.

Help wanted with Kobold camp in northern forest - See Cpt. Turnai.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 06:24:34 pm »

Well, Anderson could speak goblin. That first job seemed perfect. He approached the bartender and asked, through a toothy grin, where he could find Rurda.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 06:42:33 pm »

The bartender points to a tall and gruff looking man with short trimmed black hair. He has several scars across his muscular arms.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 06:56:29 pm »

Anderson approached the indicated man.
"So what's this I hear about a goblin problem?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 06:58:51 pm »

The man grunts, gesturing to his scars. He seemed a bit unnerved by Anderson's appearance.
 "E-eh... was hunting out in the forest by town, when three of the little buggers ambushed me - that's how I got these scars. I played dead and they ran off somewhere, probably their camp or sumthin'..."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 07:10:57 pm »

Anderson was unimpressed by Rurda's story.
"If I wanted to know how you got those scars I would have asked. So what do you want me to do and how much are you paying?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 07:13:38 pm »

"I'm a rather... prestigious member of the Hunters' Guild, and I want them gobbos gone. I'll pay you 200 gold."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 09:44:56 pm »

Overhearing the opportunity to make more serious gold than usual Izalith leans over towards the two "Hm a task to slay a beast? I will help, for half at least. I see that you are weathered true, but a tribe of goblins could conquer you. So what say you my business friend? Shall our negotiations end?" She addresed the entire portion towards Anderson. After all, if he was as competent as he looked it would be quite easy to let him handle the heavy lifting with only a few helpful spells here and there. After that it was easy gold. One hundred gold could be spread out for quite some time.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35