Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

More features... poll will be open till end of August.

Kobold Arena-like summonings of hostile creature to defeat for rewards.
Alchemy makes potions that give permanent boosts to the hermit.
A vampirism transformation that forces you to kill regularily, or die.
A werebeast transformation that is triggered in combat, like Kobold Druids.
AoE explosive/poisonous trap-components and catapult ammo.
Spawn/Summon pets like squirrels, niths, mountain gnomes, pixies.
A custom "cooked-meal" system, which has you prepare real meals. No more "eat one seed, not hungry anymore"
Massive AoE spell like fire-rain or evil-clouds as a way to ged rid of too large sieges.
Metal transmutation, alchemy based.
Hardcore mode, without all the boni like nopain, custom bone template, free skills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode  (Read 76177 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - Poll on future features
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2014, 12:33:23 am »

The Hermit should use his mageness on any eligible hostile target in range automatically. Although putting him in a military squad will make him not run away.

Workshop profiles work pretty well for that sort of thing. No idea if Bob can fight. Maybe try spawning an imaginary friend in arena mode to find out[If that's even possible].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2014, 12:41:22 am »

Hermit civ is designed not to survive worldgen.

I actually had Bob vs. Undeads on purpose, you can either have an army of the dead or Bob... but I might change it.

I suppose the obvious option is to be able to turn Bob into a skeleton or some such...
That actually sounds like a really good idea.
Having both necromancy and Bob would make necromancy a bit overpowered when compared to the other magic options though. Perhaps limit skeleton Bob to hauling and other menial tasks
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2014, 12:42:24 am »

Did not know what Profile was! Thanks for the help!
Sorry Bob!  :P

I have a hard time keeping my relationship with nature high, and have never had an offering work...

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2014, 04:15:11 pm »

I just want to make sure that you realize that bonus is a latin word and boni, just like colossi, cacti and octopi, is absolutely correct.

The lua hook calls curious creatures to your site, like monkeys or racoons.
It's a bit late to say this, but I was unsure about doing it because I didn't want an argument about grammar over the internet, but, this forum has a spellchecker.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2014, 01:25:29 am »

I just want to make sure that you realize that bonus is a latin word and boni, just like colossi, cacti and octopi, is absolutely correct.

The lua hook calls curious creatures to your site, like monkeys or racoons.
It's a bit late to say this, but I was unsure about doing it because I didn't want an argument about grammar over the internet, but, this forum has a spellchecker.
And as we all know, computers are better at language than humans are.
Sorry, had to be said.

Anyway, I'm liking hermit mode a lot, though I don't think I'll be able to get into it with the same depth as Dwarf or Human. Still, it's an early build, and I have high hopes.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Baka Kenshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2014, 09:06:55 pm »

Hmm. While I can make steel at the crucible, I can't make Pig Iron anywhere.

Whoops.
I don't think this has been answered.
So my question is the same. What's the point of having a reaction for steel if you can't make pig iron? Something is missing or is it intended? Not that you could loot pig iron bars or pig iron equipment from invaders...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2014, 05:35:12 am »

Its a bug, my mistake. Hermit mode is pretty much v.1, I havent written any bugfixes for it yet. It was created in a strange mood within 2 days ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shardey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2014, 10:34:34 am »

Its a bug, my mistake. Hermit mode is pretty much v.1, I havent written any bugfixes for it yet. It was created in a strange mood within 2 days ;)

Fortunately as we all know, strange moods always result in a legendary skill in the mood subject.

64legos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2014, 01:37:30 pm »

Fortunately as we all know, strange moods always result in a legendary skill in the mood subject.
Unless it was a possession.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2014, 05:10:00 pm »

I wonder what skill governs modding. For all we know Meph might have become a legendary cheesemaker.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »

I wonder what skill governs modding. For all we know Meph might have become a legendary cheesemaker.

Nonono, that's not how it works. He's obviously a legendary Hermit now.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bainin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2014, 05:43:13 pm »

Rlly intresting idea but i have a question is there skill rust? I kinda like that to be gone iv im only using 1 Person beeing able to found a Familie to get some but not massiv additional people would be nice but i see a problem there with to many children beeing *produced* over time.
iv skill rust is wished it would be nice iv the GUI gives you the option to put it out it dosnt bother me in usual DF but things like adventure mode or games like Cata DDA i rlly dislike it.

Baka Kenshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2014, 11:04:41 pm »

Let's hope it wasn't an artifact glass grate. Kidding, I really enjoyed this mod. Hope you'll release a fix soon :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2014, 03:24:17 am »

I am still on vacation in Ireland, no fix today :P

Legendary raw crafter maybe? Because I am already pretty good at hermiting in RL ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2014, 03:00:24 pm »

Legendary raw crafter maybe? Because I am already pretty good at hermiting in RL ;)
Yeah, hermit is a role, that might legendary out all non-social skills or something, totally unpredictable.  But yeah, raw crafter is an oddball skill, definitely modded in, it's probably just a renamed cheesemaking behind the scenes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23