Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

More features... poll will be open till end of August.

Kobold Arena-like summonings of hostile creature to defeat for rewards.
Alchemy makes potions that give permanent boosts to the hermit.
A vampirism transformation that forces you to kill regularily, or die.
A werebeast transformation that is triggered in combat, like Kobold Druids.
AoE explosive/poisonous trap-components and catapult ammo.
Spawn/Summon pets like squirrels, niths, mountain gnomes, pixies.
A custom "cooked-meal" system, which has you prepare real meals. No more "eat one seed, not hungry anymore"
Massive AoE spell like fire-rain or evil-clouds as a way to ged rid of too large sieges.
Metal transmutation, alchemy based.
Hardcore mode, without all the boni like nopain, custom bone template, free skills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode  (Read 76195 times)

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - Poll on future features
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2014, 01:45:35 pm »

Sorry if this has been said, but yes. In a rush atm, but wanted to drop what my testing has shown.

#1 If your 'hermit' is away from the 'hallucinations' when he tries to do the event that fixes his happiness and talks about burying them, it will leave the hallucinations alive, not fix his happiness, and generally lead to a disaster.

#2 From my limited testing, related to the above issue, it seems multiple animals close by will block the dissipation of hallucinations/the positive effect. Even with my hermit in the 'group around the wagon' and he did it, it didn't dispel them and didnt' fix happiness. The only factor was i had a bunch of dogs to throw around as short-term defenses.

Quick improvement suggestions:

~ if you can't fix him being naked, is allowing embark with clothing possible? Rather frustrating to rush for this.

~ Why is the Brick Oven removed? I went to build a home design, to find I had no access to bricks really screwing my possibility to make an appeasing home for my anti-social guy.

That's it for now. haven't done much testing, as I've had my hermit go nuts the last 4 damn embarks because the dispel hallucinations refuses to work...

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2014, 03:49:37 pm »

At the weight set: "work out - easy (any bar) does not take ash/potash/coke and also uses up the bar, I lost one copper and one bronze before I noticed. "work out - medium (metal bars)" on the other hand gives the bar back.

Is it intended that "cold hammer copper from malachite/ tin from cassiterite" (finishing forge) asks for pure ore (that you can't produce as hermit afaik)?
I can't speak for our glorious globetrotting leader, but I suspect that it was simply imported directly from Dwarf Mode with only changing the size and layout. So yeah, you'd be correct.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2014, 05:23:15 pm »

I am enjoying the new update very much, Hermit mode is great.  However, it would be good to stick a warning in the launcher GUI to disable them before worldgen if you plan to use the world for adventure mode.

(Not a super fun screenshot like I actually visited the civ in adventure mode, just legends viewer.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2014, 02:59:30 pm »

Hmm, for some reason I can't make the hermit keep his militia uniform on when not on duty. Just keeps dropping it even when set to stay in uniform when inactive.  Not really sure what is causing it

Other than that I'm enjoying hermit mode. Having an imaginary friend makes things a bit too easy but it is useful for hauling duties so the hermit doesn't have to spent half of his time hauling dead critters the cat drags in.
One thing that I have been wondering about is what effects different spheres have on the effects of praying. Some are pretty obvious but for example, my current hermit worships a god associated with moon, night and darkness which is pretty vague.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2014, 03:33:55 pm »

Usually, 'R'eplace clothing works pretty well to ensure that military keeps armour when returning to civilian duties.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2014, 04:03:20 pm »

Usually, 'R'eplace clothing works pretty well to ensure that military keeps armour when returning to civilian duties.
Thats the problem. The hermit replaces his clothing with armor and then takes it off when off duty, thus running around naked until putting on his old socks and shirt sometime later.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2014, 06:05:34 pm »

That's odd, my human and dwarven militaries never got this problem...

Could it have to do with me ordering them to start with the padded leather armours and putting actual solid armour on top?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2014, 07:25:11 pm »

Thats the problem. The hermit replaces his clothing with armor and then takes it off when off duty, thus running around naked until putting on his old socks and shirt sometime later.

Disable the Mining, Woodcutting, and Hunting labors. Those jobs have hidden uniforms that keep a unit from wearing anything but civilian clothing; and setting him to replace his clothing with armor just disables clothing and makes him go nude.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2014, 10:10:22 am »

Just a little thing that came to my mind:
Consider adding [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:HERMIT:IMAGINARY] in the hermit necromancer transformation syndrome or atleast make a different syndrome in the necromantic altar for imaginary friends so that they can stop fighting the undead the hermit rises.

Ofcourse the imaginary friend doesn't need the power to rise the dead but it is annoying playing a necromancer hermit with a fort full of undead if the imaginary friend interrupts his work every time he sees one.

Et tu, Urist

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2014, 01:17:47 am »

Hey, for some reason the Hermit civ isn't either spawning or surviving world gen. What gives?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2014, 03:04:57 am »

Hermit civ is designed not to survive worldgen.

I actually had Bob vs. Undeads on purpose, you can either have an army of the dead or Bob... but I might change it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2014, 06:37:10 am »

wouldn't a caravan of hermits be broken? all them would become hallucinations and free junk... unless some kind of magic stopped the interaction after the initial 2 waves

but caravans would send more immigrants as well
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2014, 08:42:22 am »

Hermits have no pack or pull animals and no active seasons, they cant send caravans.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2014, 11:45:41 am »

Hermit civ is designed not to survive worldgen.

I actually had Bob vs. Undeads on purpose, you can either have an army of the dead or Bob... but I might change it.

I suppose the obvious option is to be able to turn Bob into a skeleton or some such...
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2014, 11:13:10 pm »

Hey guys, just some quick questions..

Urist McHermit is a mage, but how do i get him to use his power? Put him in an archery squad?

And how do i stop Bob from taking jobs such as using the weight bench or sparring. Can Bob even fight?

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23