Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

More features... poll will be open till end of August.

Kobold Arena-like summonings of hostile creature to defeat for rewards.
Alchemy makes potions that give permanent boosts to the hermit.
A vampirism transformation that forces you to kill regularily, or die.
A werebeast transformation that is triggered in combat, like Kobold Druids.
AoE explosive/poisonous trap-components and catapult ammo.
Spawn/Summon pets like squirrels, niths, mountain gnomes, pixies.
A custom "cooked-meal" system, which has you prepare real meals. No more "eat one seed, not hungry anymore"
Massive AoE spell like fire-rain or evil-clouds as a way to ged rid of too large sieges.
Metal transmutation, alchemy based.
Hardcore mode, without all the boni like nopain, custom bone template, free skills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode  (Read 76192 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - Poll on future features
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »

Caravans? Which race? Did you change anything on your faction? And did you play the 6.1 version or the test-version I posted in this thread?

Other ideas, before I forget them: Tobacco and smoking pipe. Instruments and music. Rat Piper. Charming animals with flute. Cage-shooting weapon, for a trapper-style hermit. Philosophers Stone for No-age. Another three-features-pick-one: Alchemist, Astrologist, Theurgist. More trapcomps and a trap workshop for crazy-old-man hermits with a get of my lawn attitude.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:38:58 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2014, 09:47:46 pm »

Are unrefined ores supposed to give practically no metal? Because I smelted 2 bismuthinite bearing rock, 2 cassiterite bearing rock, and 4 malachite bearing rock, and got 20 slag and 1 copper bar. I've never smelted unrefined ores in Masterwork before, but I had just assumed it would be like, twice as much slag and half as much metal or something, but this is like smelting slag ore with orichalcum replaced with the metal you're trying to get.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2014, 10:33:00 pm »

I think it's something along the lines of 20% chance of one bar. Might want to get that upped a bit, or have an ore processors bench.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Rukja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2014, 03:23:17 am »

Caravans? Which race? Did you change anything on your faction? And did you play the 6.1 version or the test-version I posted in this thread?

I used the Version 6.1
and the first one after Three Years was from the Elves, then someyears later from Kobolds
and no i didnt changed anything in the Factions

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2014, 06:25:41 am »

Is there any way to get acorns without embarking with them? I've broken open the caverns, gotten at least five of every sort of wood safe enough to do so, but there's no option to harvest acorns from either the chopping block, the wood worktable, or even the carpenter's workshop.  It seems weird to have options to turn saplings to logs when there's no method to get saplings in the first place.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2014, 06:56:56 am »

Is there any way to get acorns without embarking with them? I've broken open the caverns, gotten at least five of every sort of wood safe enough to do so, but there's no option to harvest acorns from either the chopping block, the wood worktable, or even the carpenter's workshop.  It seems weird to have options to turn saplings to logs when there's no method to get saplings in the first place.
That observation is true. Another thing for the list.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2014, 08:39:37 am »

Is there any way to get acorns without embarking with them?
Er... I don't follow. "Cut rought treetrunk" in wood splitting block has 10% chance to give you tree acorns, isn't that what you need?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2014, 08:42:33 am »

For normal trees yes. For ironbark, steeloak, fungiwood, sporetrees and all the other non-normal trees you have no way of getting seeds atm.

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2014, 09:15:05 am »

Although I have not played the hermit (yet!) I do have a small Idea for the buildmat of the Altar.
Why not give it to a creature and spawn that one? Like a kobold that stole/got it from a wizard/god/necromancer. And he conveniently decides to walk through our home. Not sure if this is much work (then it is not worth it), but I think it makes more sense.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2014, 09:17:57 am »

any chance of mechanical creatures for defense? like the gnomes got :P
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2014, 09:31:14 am »

any chance of mechanical creatures for defense? like the gnomes got :P
We already get to recruit animals from nature, and conjure demons, and summon undead. That's plenty of guardian creatures.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:54 pm »

Is it possible to make certain animals be able to do tasks like digging, fishing, tree cutting? Like you can tame badgers and they dig for you but learn very slowly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2014, 12:58:23 pm »

Is it possible to make certain animals be able to do tasks like digging, fishing, tree cutting? Like you can tame badgers and they dig for you but learn very slowly.
No, except fishing.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2014, 01:00:55 pm »

No, except fishing.
Out of curiosity, why is that? What makes fishing special?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2014, 02:55:19 pm »

So would it be posseble to do a reaction to turn a tame bear into a fishing bear?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23