Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

More features... poll will be open till end of August.

Kobold Arena-like summonings of hostile creature to defeat for rewards.
Alchemy makes potions that give permanent boosts to the hermit.
A vampirism transformation that forces you to kill regularily, or die.
A werebeast transformation that is triggered in combat, like Kobold Druids.
AoE explosive/poisonous trap-components and catapult ammo.
Spawn/Summon pets like squirrels, niths, mountain gnomes, pixies.
A custom "cooked-meal" system, which has you prepare real meals. No more "eat one seed, not hungry anymore"
Massive AoE spell like fire-rain or evil-clouds as a way to ged rid of too large sieges.
Metal transmutation, alchemy based.
Hardcore mode, without all the boni like nopain, custom bone template, free skills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode  (Read 76207 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode - TEST VERSION ONLINE!
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2014, 11:06:17 am »

As it stands you get free quivers from those damn migrants anyway ^^

I am not even sure which skill it makes them spawn with it... RANGED_COMBAT? BOW? SNEAK?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2014, 11:14:34 am »

I am not even sure which skill it makes them spawn with it... RANGED_COMBAT? BOW? SNEAK?
We can fix that by disabling embark labors though, right?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2014, 11:21:00 am »

No. I would have to remove the natural skills.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:11 am »

PTW. How did I miss this.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2014, 11:35:09 am »

Hunter. SNEAK, I think. Miners and woodcutters get their equipment when migrating too.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2014, 11:48:14 am »

No. I would have to remove the natural skills.
Huh. But I noticed with labors off migrants didn't arrive with things like picks and axes, despite being miners or woodcutters. And i thought they did with labors on. Or maybe I'm crazy.
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »

I removed SNEAK skill. No more free quivers. Free crafts I cant do anything about.

I tested 3 embarks and waited for 2 migrant waves, no surviving migrants. Seems to work correctly now.

I added mortars and pestles to the craftsman.

I added breakable shovels from bone to the craftsman.

I added cloth+tallow and cloth+wax quivers and backpacks to the cloth workbench.

I added a firepit, which allows to either burn things for ash/coke, burn wooden furniture for coke, burn any object for no result (destroying it, just for cleanup. Best to be used with stockpile feeding), and it melts down slag. You have a low chance for some base metals from this.

I added a Workbench (Fossils), has 4 reactions. Excavate stone, takes 5 boulders, might find something. Same as dwarf mode. And restore fossil/relic/treasure. Fossil might be a deep-bronze weapon. Relic might be a deep-bronze armor. Treasure might be golden furniture, golden training weapon, or (2%, very rare) 10 dragonscales. (steel-grade, lightweight, temp-immune leather).

So we have archeology, cloth quivers, no free quivers from migrants, no surviving migrants, bone shovel, getting rid of slag, added the missing "render fat to tallow" and "Mill seeds/nuts to paste" reactions... anything else? I dont think hermits can do anything with megabeast corpses yet. ;)

*I made a shovel but couldn't find out how to dig a hole with it, if it can bury those regrets.. Another part of the guide said to just build coffins so they've got the finest coffins trash-wood can afford :D Maybe put the command/method for using the shovel for holes in the faq?

EDIT 2: *I've got a cow running around that is "Opposed to life" :> Now that some time has went by the cow is back to normal "Tame" status..
Shovels are picks, for all intents and purposes. Just assign mining labor.  Cow is opposed to life  probably because its an evil biome and it ate evil grass.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2014, 12:21:43 pm »

anything else?
I'd quite like to be able to use the advanced metals Mithril, Cobalt, Etc. Crucible and Metallurgist?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2014, 12:26:11 pm »

Not sure about that. A crucible for steel, maybe. But mithril/wolfram/titanium? Doesnt strike me as fitting. A lone guy living in a cave or wooden cabin, with a fully sized industrial metalworking complex in his basement?   ???

Added Workbench (Butcher), for megabeast corpses and living rock.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:37:14 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2014, 01:02:57 pm »

Added 3 metalworking furnaces. Finishing forge for early copper and bronze gear. Crucible, needs iron to be made, makes steel and upper-class metals from ore. Metallurgist, needs steel anvil to be made, makes and unmakes any alloy.

I think renaming the Workbench (Alchemy) to (Chemistry) and adding a second one for Alchemy that is a bit more fantasy-like would make sense. Currently all "alchemy" for the hermit is based on RL stuff, pearlash, potash, pitch, oil, blackpowder... not sure what I should give the alchemy one though. Its usually artificial gems, metal transmutation and ironbone/bloodsteel in the other races.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2014, 01:11:12 pm »

Potions? Magic weapons?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2014, 01:18:08 pm »

Potions are hard to micromanage. And I would have to write new ones from scratch. :P I dont have the time right now.

Magic weapons dont fit alchemy, in my opinion.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »

Potions are hard to micromanage. And I would have to write new ones from scratch. :P I dont have the time right now.

Magic weapons dont fit alchemy, in my opinion.
But...... It's a one man fort. How hard can it be to micromanage? o.O
My Area

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2014, 01:44:45 pm »

I was thinking of locked rooms, but it would be easier to forbid all other drinks... so it wouldnt be so bad. You would have to wait for the hermit to get thirsty though.

Or I make them tools instead of drinks. That way you can make as many as you like and pick one with a reaction. "Drink potion X". Way better actually.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2014, 01:51:45 pm »

I was thinking of locked rooms, but it would be easier to forbid all other drinks... so it wouldnt be so bad. You would have to wait for the hermit to get thirsty though.

Or I make them tools instead of drinks. That way you can make as many as you like and pick one with a reaction. "Drink potion X". Way better actually.
I like that plan!
My Area

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23