Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

More features... poll will be open till end of August.

Kobold Arena-like summonings of hostile creature to defeat for rewards.
Alchemy makes potions that give permanent boosts to the hermit.
A vampirism transformation that forces you to kill regularily, or die.
A werebeast transformation that is triggered in combat, like Kobold Druids.
AoE explosive/poisonous trap-components and catapult ammo.
Spawn/Summon pets like squirrels, niths, mountain gnomes, pixies.
A custom "cooked-meal" system, which has you prepare real meals. No more "eat one seed, not hungry anymore"
Massive AoE spell like fire-rain or evil-clouds as a way to ged rid of too large sieges.
Metal transmutation, alchemy based.
Hardcore mode, without all the boni like nopain, custom bone template, free skills, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode  (Read 76111 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼The Hermit☼ - Everything Hermit Mode
« Reply #300 on: June 09, 2016, 10:27:11 pm »

new hermit can see the justice page, and assign chains to justice but not cages? - i dont think i ever "really" bothered with justice before always ended up with dead dwarves from beating, or starvation. i see their priorities are much better since i played a long long while ago =D

my saved fort doesnt get the justice screen however, will have to look at it more tomarrow when i got more time

anywhere else besides dwarffortress/raw/objects/hermitentity and saves/raw/objects/hermit do i need to add the thing too to get it to work with saved forts?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2016, 10:42:23 pm »

Unfortunately many things you can't retroactively apply to saves, including all Entity changes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2016, 07:46:06 am »

Nobles cant be military and law enforcement, thats bugged. I found that out when making my old warlock civ.

I added 2 more noble positions, those of militia captain and sheriff to hermit mode, that way you can have both.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but in the Hermit's Animal People List for your Hermit, there are Choices for Blizzard Man, and Blood Man on the second page.

Choosing either of them kills your seven starting dwarves, but does not spawn a creature of any sort, and your game ends as normal when no Civilians are left.

In addition, if at all possible, I'd like to reccomend some more creatures for Hermit mode, taken from Indigofenix's Mythical monster mod.

Quote from: IndigoFenix
Kappa: When their head-plate is wet from being underwater or in the rain, they gain vampire-like qualities.  You can spill your waterskin and crawl through the puddle to refill your head.  In fort mode, they can be tamed.
Tengu: Ninja crow people who can learn combat skills quickly and vanish in a puff of smoke, but have trouble gaining armor skill.
Satori: Apes that can read minds.  They have incredible social skills and many natural skills.
Centaur: Half man and half horse in both body and mind.  They have interesting personality traits, being a weird mix of indulgent and cultured.  They are also on the big side and their hooves pack a kick.
Girtablilu: Giant centaur-scorpions with a venomous sting.
Pooka: Kobold-sized shapeshifters that can turn into a hare, eagle, cat, dog, goat, horse, bull, or human.

I think, at least most of these 'adventure mode' creatures he has made with his mod, would be wonderful additions for Hermit mode, (perhaps baring pooka due to shapeshifting shennanigans making things hard)

EDIT: Also noted that the Squid Man is on that List. I have NO idea how you are supposed to work that out, as the squid Suffocates almost on the same frame that the Dwarves die when you do the reaction.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:38:12 pm by chaosfiend »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2016, 05:24:31 am »

Thanks, I'll remove those from the list.

Not sure about adding the myth monsters, because it makes it a lot more complicated for the GUI...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2016, 01:28:51 pm »

my quest for a multi racial fort is an astounding success, i have 2 otter men (male / female) 9 dwarves 1 elf 2 frogmen 8 orcs 1 nymph and 1 nixie, along with about 30 visitors and performers and 5 orc mercenaries (and one of those mercenaries assumed a clan leader role ?! ) theres also a horde of orc babies running around.. i blame Smakemupagus 100%

pic's or it didn't happen?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:31:47 pm by Fairin »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2016, 01:33:40 pm »

Haha.  Outstanding :D

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2016, 07:12:18 pm »

So when I try to use the workshop to start hermit mode, it just kills all of my starting seven without spawning a hermit, leading to the "your settlement has crumbled to its end" message. I've tried multiple different worlds and hermit races, and I still get the message. Do you have any idea why?
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2016, 08:03:38 pm »

i've only tried rat, skunk, and otter they worked well, which ones did you pick?, although rat man didnt have graphics just a " r " otter one looked nice so i didn't bother to try others. yet

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #309 on: June 13, 2016, 08:22:33 am »

Yes, please let me know which ones you tried.

Hydarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 13, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »

So far all the main races expect dwarfs work fine for me. With the dwarf-hermit it kills all 7 starting dwarfs and the hermit.
I haven't tried many of the animal races.

I've also noticed that the second and third migration wave's show up with loads of dwarfs... haven't played long enough yet to see if there are more.

So far my longest test run was the giant... running a dungeon built by dwarfs.

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2016, 07:18:19 pm »

I made a new world and tried again, and now the non-dwarf races I tried (human, elf, elephant man) are working. However, if I try dwarf it still just instakills everyone without spawning a hermit, which is obviously not ideal, since who doesn't want to be a dwarf?
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2016, 10:01:53 pm »

*raises a paw* , same thing with humans in real life, everyone plays one, it sucks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #313 on: June 14, 2016, 02:31:22 am »

So far all the main races expect dwarfs work fine for me. With the dwarf-hermit it kills all 7 starting dwarfs and the hermit.
Figured that one out, thanks for the report.

Hamelin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2016, 07:48:04 am »

I just got a migrant wave in Hermit Mode that didn't die, and I'm not seeing the smaller workshops. Are those still in the game? Did I set this up incorrectly?

This is how the civ page should be set up, right?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:24:42 am by Hamelin »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23