Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 361201 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #3060 on: March 23, 2018, 11:36:44 am »

man, really glad i came over here to read about what's in the new videos and got ten fucking pages of people saying the same two things over and over
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: March 23, 2018, 11:39:53 am »

You can jump to any random page in the last 150ish and not know if it's current posts or not tbh. It's amazing how much circular non-discussion can come out of an essentially non-existant game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SangerZonvolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: March 23, 2018, 11:56:05 am »

I'd suggest instead of endless arguments, that those who are so convinced they've got him dead to rights on fraud should go and bring a law suite. It seems like you believe it's an easy win, so I'd suggest you do it and get your money back/the money of others back.

I think we are sure itīs a certain win, not an easy one. As it stands such a legal battle can take a lot more money than any of us put into the project and it would take weeks, possibly months or years to complete that trial. So while sure to win, still not worth the effort.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: March 23, 2018, 11:57:30 am »

So while sure to win, still not worth the effort.

But don't let that stop anyone from armchair lawyering the thread ad nauseam.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: March 23, 2018, 11:59:27 am »

man, really glad i came over here to read about what's in the new videos and got ten fucking pages of people saying the same two things over and over
I mean, I watched the videos and couldn't really say specifically what's in them. It's more or less just and overview of a few of the overwhelmingly many numbers and features in a single PoI.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: March 23, 2018, 12:11:33 pm »

Seriously, the 'this is fraud' postings are a broken record.  Next whatever sort of update, we will get another 5 pages of people repeating the mantra. 

My opinion: just put up the lawsuit or stfu
Ain't gonna find someone to do it for you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: March 23, 2018, 01:00:21 pm »

You know what's worse than the armchair lawyering, that has actual content and discussion?

Every time the discussion comes to the obvious and same conclusion it's fraud, you guys suddenly decide you don't want to talk about it, and spend the rest of the page talking about it, until all that's left on the front page is you guys complaining about people discussing that it's fraud.

Seriously, you "Stop talking about it" guys haven't said a damn thing since the videos were posted.  Why don't you follow your own advice? Rather than drowning out the logic, then repeating the same false arguments again to start the circle over.

Your arguments have been shown to be false repeatedly. It costs nothing to contact AG or FTC, lawyers will take cases for a percentage of the winnings if they think it will win.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: March 23, 2018, 01:02:28 pm »

you have no skin in this game dude, you said yourself you didn't pledge.  all you've done is shit up the thread with the same posts over and over

fuck off
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: March 23, 2018, 01:42:39 pm »

Every time the discussion comes to the obvious and same conclusion it's fraud

You come to the same conclusion. Then badger some here because we don't agree with you or agree that it's obvious or clear cut.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:58:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: March 23, 2018, 01:58:53 pm »

Its a scam. Guy said he had a working game. Guy hasnt provided a working game. 

Its interesting to see the goalpost shift. TWS hopefuls said thst he never said he had a working game, and then when it was shown that it was (and is!) in the kickstarter, the rationale has shifted to "Working game doesnt actually mean a working game"(?!?!?)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: March 23, 2018, 02:00:16 pm »

It's hardly a discussion when neither side is actually listening to the other but instead talking past them. Nobody comes here to have their mind changed or to discuss the damn thing, just to repeat what was said before until the other side gives up and goes away, it's kinda fascinating to observe tbh.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: March 23, 2018, 02:19:00 pm »

I can tell you that I personally find it annoying that skepticism about this game is disregarded as a conspiracy theory when four years after the fact we have nothing but hot air.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: March 23, 2018, 02:29:42 pm »

I can tell you that I personally find it annoying that skepticism about this game is disregarded as a conspiracy theory when four years after the fact we have nothing but hot air.
I don't think anyone's treating fraud as a conspiracy theory. Its certainly a possibility, the issue is that there are other possibilities that people think make more sense.

What's interesting is that The Mandate thread just got necroed, and it appears to be an example of a funded kickstarter that failed to deliver anything, yet there's not a 150 page debate over that game being fraudulent.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: March 23, 2018, 02:37:30 pm »

Yeah, the That Which Sleeps community (at least on Bay12) has the dubious distinction of being the most outwardly angry and toxic Kickstarter community I've backed. And that's impressive - I've backed campaigns that actually had worse project management (an update every 4ish months would be a *good rate* for some of them), and I've even backed a campaign that I'm pretty sure was a legitimate scam.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: March 23, 2018, 03:04:45 pm »

What's interesting is that The Mandate thread just got necroed, and it appears to be an example of a funded kickstarter that failed to deliver anything, yet there's not a 150 page debate over that game being fraudulent.

Back when Joe was still around and Josh was just entering his hermit phase, there was one guy who was convinced the game was a scam. Like irrationally convinced. The official word was that the game would be entering the backer beta once the AI was sorted out and nothing alarming had happened yet. The delays were explained by the stretch goals that needed accommodating and everyone presumed that Josh clamming up was due to him working hard. So you had this one guy ranting about how the kickstarter was a scam while everyone else was feeling charitable or wary as appropriate.

Fast forward a year or so. Joe has left over a lack of communication, Josh has released barely-functioning tools to save face, so on and so forth. Suddenly the guy saying it's a scam doesn't look so crazy. Maybe he's right now. At the same another school of thought forms which is convinced that the game isn't a scam. Why would Josh put in all of that time and effort to string everyone along for 2+ years after he has already gotten their money?

The argument proceeds to devolve from there. That Which Sleeps didn't deliver nothing quietly. It did so with much fanfare and noise.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 210