Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 367756 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #2775 on: November 24, 2017, 02:07:03 pm »

Ah. I get it. We just need to sacrifice enough folks to Josh then. It's the only way that he'll get the critical mass of brains necessary to get the job done!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: November 24, 2017, 07:52:05 pm »

Looking at the Video, jesus fucking christ that looks like bloody feature creep caused the death (almost death?) of this game.

I mean there is so much random extra stuff in there...extra diplomacy with ancients, those random wilderness creatures (vormurri and the other ones which are shown briefly) and i think he vastly expanded the list of agents too.

There are actually fewer agents I think.  Unless you can scroll.  Let's see.  I don't see the Biomancer, the Judge, or the Juggernaut.  The speaker, the mountebank, and the betrayer I don't recognize.  So it looks like it's the same number, assuming you can't scroll the list.
Shoes...

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: November 25, 2017, 04:33:57 am »

Ah. I get it. We just need to sacrifice enough folks to Josh then. It's the only way that he'll get the critical mass of brains necessary to get the job done!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yui4zkZQwCA

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: November 25, 2017, 04:41:23 am »

kdg forum says there is a tiny scrollbar

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: November 25, 2017, 09:49:06 am »

Honestly, I don't think it matters. Agents and races aren't feature creep anyway. They're content creep, but content is a lot easier to implement than features, and in terms of workflow, it's often helpful to do some content in the morning before buckling down on the intense code work of feature implementation.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: November 25, 2017, 11:33:32 am »

Something to note about agents is that they seem to be organized by difficulty of recruiting.  The seeker, baron, shadowmere, etc. are all at the bottom and we know (unless it's changed) that those are all semi-old one type agents that require major map activity to recruit.  So if it scrolls, I don't think we'd be seeing the little guys below.

I actually... thought it looked kind of real?  I doubt it will be good when/if he releases whatever he's made, just because it's a single coder who's buried himself in a tomb and piss-jugged it for three years, there's been no opportunity for anyone other than the insane guy to look at it.

But it looks like there's something there.  The only thing I saw that was alarming, Sanger pointed out, is that one of the regions is missing from the region list.  Unless they're manually added to it (which is spaghetti enough I can see it being true for a project like this) it's a pretty glaring problem.

I don't think instantaneous turns are that crazy.  The sheer mind-numbing quantities of numbers and stats on the screen makes me think he's gone for spreadsheets to deal with the AI problem, just making nations act based on a shitload of stats rather than giving them actual options.  Which ironically is probably more predictable and deterministic than his AI card whatever shit.  That kind of thing I don't think would require long turns, especially when most actions are timed.  If AI characters behave anything like the player, 90% of them will be idling on any given turn resolution.
Shoes...

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: November 26, 2017, 04:12:47 pm »

I'm going for the big balls play.  The next video will come out before December 2. 

Oh come on, Cthulhu. I thought I'd have a monopoly over next week with my guess of Nov 29.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: November 26, 2017, 04:31:12 pm »

I'm gonna go a different route and say the thread will get locked again before the next video comes out :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: November 26, 2017, 05:34:19 pm »

I shall guess Nov 28. :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: November 26, 2017, 05:36:43 pm »

I'm gonna go a different route and say the thread will get locked again before the next video comes out :V

I feel like this is the smart money.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: November 26, 2017, 05:39:39 pm »

I mean, he's got to drop a video tomorrow to be on schedule and if that doesn't happen, locking (maybe with a day or two margin for error) would be the reasonable thing to do. I might bet against it but I'd need some very favorable odds.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: November 26, 2017, 07:17:51 pm »

None getting hurt by the banter, or?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: November 26, 2017, 08:21:12 pm »

I mean, he's got to drop a video tomorrow to be on schedule and if that doesn't happen, locking (maybe with a day or two margin for error) would be the reasonable thing to do. I might bet against it but I'd need some very favorable odds.

Why within a day or two? He was regularly weeks late with his old videos.

Remember, we've been down this exact road, folks.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:40 pm »

Why within a day or two? He was regularly weeks late with his old videos.

Remember, we've been down this exact road, folks.
Yeah but if he's late he's not on schedule.  That's not a contestable point, that's a definitional component of "on schedule".

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: November 27, 2017, 01:18:59 am »

So, Josh's phrasing is that he'll be posting a video every week. Josh could go through Dec 2nd (Saturday) and technically be on time, by his phrasing. That's the most lenient I'm willing to go, though. If there's nothing by the 3rd, he's late.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 210