Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 367996 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1770 on: December 21, 2015, 06:26:07 pm »

I am an optimist.

His increased communication is assuring. Scoopbeard approves of this act.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 22, 2015, 06:43:22 am »

I am optimistic and all for optimism, I'm just wary of it turning into anger and recrimination if people are still interpreting "I'll try to do this by then" as "it will be done by then."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 22, 2015, 07:14:54 am »

I am optimistic and all for optimism, I'm just wary of it turning into anger and recrimination if people are still interpreting "I'll try to do this by then" as "it will be done by then."
And anger leads to hate
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 22, 2015, 10:09:26 am »

And anger leads to hate

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 22, 2015, 11:13:43 am »

"for no good reason."

That seems silly, to put it in a different example;

Your mom says "Come over for x-mas tommorow, everything is ready" - then you don't see or hear from her for 3 weeks, the house is empty, dad has no clue whats going on.
And all you do is ask how she is on facebook, then someone tells you ya overreacting.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 22, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

"for no good reason."

That seems silly, to put it in a different example;

Your mom says "Come over for x-mas tommorow, everything is ready" - then you don't see or hear from her for 3 weeks, the house is empty, dad has no clue whats going on.
And all you do is ask how she is on facebook, then someone tells you ya overreacting.
Would you stop rushing your mom, already? She's asked you to come over for Christmas three years in a row and, each time, she's actually been in Vegas on Christmas day. When are you going to learn that regardless of what she says up front, Christmas always comes late, and you shouldn't head over until you get that phone call in January where she says, "why aren't you here yet? I have your Christmas dinner ready!"

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 22, 2015, 12:56:39 pm »

Does this thread have a point any more? I see it as doing nothing but breeding and multiplying negativity and it's getting really annoying because everyone keeps rehashing the exact same thing over and over.

I recommend people find something else to do while waiting and maybe we can get this thread back on some sort of track when actual news comes out maybe?
Seems to be better idea than talking over each other with strange analogies.... pretty sure we'll have something to talk about a week from now, one way or another :-[

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1777 on: December 22, 2015, 04:57:12 pm »

Bad example, because I actually care about my mom whereas if a game takes longer than expected its not something I worry over. I also didn't back it, so thats probably another factor. The game is not a family member

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 22, 2015, 05:05:21 pm »

I backed it but couldn't care less about when it's finished. What's that Gabe Newell quote, good games stay good while rushed games bump into a wall or something? Ten years down the line I might spend an evening of nostalgia with TWS and I won't care one bit about it's release date. There's plenty of good, finished games to tide me over while I "wait" for TWS. There's a Steam sale, you folks might want to pick some up too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1779 on: December 22, 2015, 05:10:15 pm »

Hell I have games in my steam library I've never even played, and probably a hundred or more that I haven't completed. Plenty to do while I wait for this, and I'd rather they take the time to realize their dream that bow to impatient fans

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 22, 2015, 05:14:03 pm »

I backed it but couldn't care less about when it's finished. What's that Gabe Newell quote, good games stay good while rushed games bump into a wall or something? Ten years down the line I might spend an evening of nostalgia with TWS and I won't care one bit about it's release date. There's plenty of good, finished games to tide me over while I "wait" for TWS. There's a Steam sale, you folks might want to pick some up too.
That quote would sound a lot better if there wasn't so many awful 'early access' 'games' that will never be finished on steam.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1781 on: December 22, 2015, 05:17:22 pm »

That quote would sound a lot better if there wasn't so many awful 'early access' 'games' that will never be finished on steam.
precisely why I have stopped doing early access entirely

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 22, 2015, 05:37:33 pm »

Well if you don't care about the game, just leave it at that and don't get all judgemental.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1783 on: December 22, 2015, 05:41:03 pm »

Well if you don't care about the game, just leave it at that and don't get all judgemental.
I just offered my opinion that some of the reactions to the delays were a bit over the top. I'm interested in seeing the game be completed as well, but I'm not going all chicken little every time a week passes without news. I'm sorry if you think I was insulting you somehow, that wasn't my intention.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: December 22, 2015, 06:13:31 pm »

Personally?

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 210