Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 368290 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1260 on: April 03, 2015, 03:26:59 pm »

Well, depends on what B12 wants to draw their patron Primal from... aggressive Carp, murderous Elephant, bloodthirsty Unicorn

Image:  Some sort of randomly generated/pieced together forgotten beast(or the more common term, chimera).

Not really serious here... but I guess it can be adopted into something more if people take a liking to its base concept.
Likes: The bones of humanoid fish creatures.  Patron of feline creatures as life-long companions... also acceptable as parts and food.
Power: Rabies, (but not actually rabies) for all creatures.  Non-intelligent creatures become hostile to intelligent creatures within a PoI.
Campaign Effect - Hero: Catslopsion.  Intelligent creatures get adopted by feline creatures.  +Stability/Happiness.
Campaign Effect - Agent: As if the creatures of the land, air and sea have decided that the very presence of civilization is an affront and must be extinguished.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 03, 2015, 03:33:36 pm »

Ooooh :)

The Fallen Primal of Blight
Image: A withered horse, it's eyes shining a malevolent green.
Power: Can terraform land into deserts.

Campaign effect:
Alliance: Reduces the cost of Alliance army upkeep.
Agent: Reduces the food production of alliance cities, (destroying farmland if those made it back in after terraforming.)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 03, 2015, 04:13:33 pm »

I was just going to say Armok himself, but clearly some people are more creative than I. So let's try something like this:

The Fallen Primal of Allure
Image: A large unicorn, simultaneously alluring, mysterious, and threatening (blood dripping from horn?).
Power: Draws people to itself (leaves clues around, attracts attention of heroes and minions and makes them search for it, rumors are found in lore that hint at it creating a quest - something like that). If drawn into battle Primal is deceptively powerful, using its horn to great affect.

Campaign Effect:
Alliance: Makes Alliance more likely to form and/or more stable by drawing more heroes/kingdoms/etc to the cause.
Agent: Actively leads heroes/Chosen One/Alliance away from Old One as they're drawn into a likely-fruitless attempt to chase the unicorn.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 03, 2015, 04:25:43 pm »

The fallen primal of life
Image: A humongous withered oak tree, comparable to a tree in the autumn.
Power: Increases growth in an area around itself. Forests become denser, animals will show up in greater numbers. Basically it wil create untamed wilds around itself.

Campaign effects:
Alliance: food income will grow, more people will be born, diseases are easier to heal, heroes can meditate at the tree to heal certain wounds/damages. Sages can research the primal to increase awareness to changes to the earth.
Agent: Food income will decrease, will periodically spawn hostile tree creatures (think ents or smaller saplings that resemble thorn bushes), tribals have a huge increase in population growth and food income.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1264 on: April 03, 2015, 04:31:23 pm »

Honestly any proper tribute to bay12/DF should be a titan or forgotten beast with a procedurally generated description.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 03, 2015, 04:52:15 pm »

Yeah, either that or something based off of Boatmurdered.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 03, 2015, 04:55:11 pm »

Yeah, I'm tossing all my nonexistent votes bahind Xantalos' Primal of Boatmurdered. That wasn't a thing I knew I needed until I read it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 03, 2015, 05:07:19 pm »

Guys, you're missing a critical possibility here.

The great Toad of pestilence.

Image: A gigantic toad, bloated and sickly, covered with open wounds and pus oozing from them, sitting in great pools of diseased water filled with dead bodies.
Power-Brings plague to a nearby province (are plagues a thing? They should be)
Campaign effects:
Alliance-Makes the forces of good imune to poison/plague
Agent-Slowly spreads plague to random provinces
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 03, 2015, 05:09:02 pm »

Hmm. Perhaps a toad of knowledge that dramatically improves the strategic ability of whatever side it chooses?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 03, 2015, 05:18:48 pm »

I would be totally down for digito-immortalizing Toady One. A giant primal frog of knowledge (or some other interesting sphere) would be awesome. Maybe call it the One Toad. That he might help either side also I think kind of plays to Toady One's personality I think.

Either that or a spiced up Cacame. Like, an insane elven demi-god prone to eating the flesh of their victims, as likely to lash out evil doers trespassing on their domain as they are to lash out at the normal everyday citizens of the world.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 03, 2015, 05:19:10 pm »

I'm thinking we could either focus on the communal aspect of Bay 12, with maybe a sea creature of some kind, or something related to (more or less) receptive harbours, and trade, interaction between distant shores, or we could focus more on Dwarf Fortressy side of things. I'm thinking a primal of artifice, a statue that accepts offerings of blood and bones, flesh, alcohol, precious stones, weapons... primal things that we fought for, that we made for killing, that we created. The blood of creation. I would also quote something to set the mood for what I thought, from Tibullus:

WHO was the first that forg'd the deadly blade?
Of rugged steel his savage soul was made:
By him, his bloody flag ambition wav'd;
And grisly carnage through the battle rav'd.
Yet wherefore blame him? we're ourselves to blame;
Arms first were forg'd to kill t he savage game:
Death-dealing battles were unknown of old;
Death-dealing battles took their rise from gold

The (Fallen?) Primal of Artifice
Image: A tall, dark, foreboding statue before whom sacrifices are strewn about, bowls of blood, swords, bones, gold, et cetera.
Power: With great industry and sacrifice, its power can be used to craft horrifying weapons. It will also increase industry at the cost of some increased unrest.

Campaign effects:
Alliance's aims: A sufficiently desperate or brave/foolhardy hero gains a weapon. The alliance strives to create a powerful yet relatively safe weapon, and ideally (I don't know the limits of this campaign) the agent can try and interfere with this process, either corrupting it to a degree or another, or...
Agent's overwhelming victory: The newly crafted weapon is taken by the now-animate primal, who will become an asset for evil forces.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:21:14 pm by lijacote »
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 03, 2015, 05:21:16 pm »

The (Fallen?) Primal of Artifice
Image: A tall, dark, foreboding statue before whom sacrifices are strewn about, bowls of blood, swords, bones, gold, et cetera.
Power: With great industry and sacrifice, its power can be used to craft horrifying weapons. It will also increase industry at the cost of some increased unrest.

Campaign effects:
Alliance's aims: A sufficiently desperate or brave/foolhardy hero gains a weapon. The alliance strives to create a powerful yet relatively safe weapon, and ideally (I don't know the limits of this campaign) the agent can try and interfere with this process, either corrupting it to a degree or another, or...
Agent's overwhelming victory: The newly crafted weapon is taken by the now-animate primal, who will become an asset for evil horses.
+1 to this, or failing that the boatmurdered one.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 03, 2015, 05:31:57 pm »

What about something inspired by Oggez Rashas

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 03, 2015, 05:37:41 pm »

I'll give it a shot.

The Fallen Primal Toad of Gnosis
Image: An elephant-sized toad, gnarly, ancient and primordial looking, ethereal and otherworldly in appearance, with humanish eyes, crouched among an infinite library of books.
Power: Fills the world with creativity and insight, unearthing ancient knowledge and leading sages and intellectuals to faster discoveries.

Campaign Effect :
Heroes: Flash of Insight. Whenever a hero or important NPC would learn or create something new, there is a chance it would be a much improved version. A better weapon, a better spell, a better law, getting more out of a clue than they normally would. Alternatively, when a hero creates a new something, like a spell or an item, there's a chance they create another, different one right after.

Agent: Twisted Understanding. When agents attempt an action, be that carrying out a plot or attacking a hero or exploring a ruin, there is a chance they gain an appreciable bonus in their favor. That might be to the success rate of their plot or a bonus to how well it was concealed, the accuracy and/or damage of their attack, or the event/result of their exploration.

The powers are debatable, but I don't really feel like I have a good handle on how TWS works mechanically. So thinking of cool powers of the appropriate scope is hard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 03, 2015, 05:39:51 pm »

I think that Cacame-inspired would be a good one, as mentioned above.

The Old Elf King
Image: A bloodthirsty elven king of yore. Clad in ivoried armor and antlered crown he is drenched in ancient blood and gore and wields his blades of ruin.
Power: An impressive battlefield presence in both tactical and strategic acumen as well as possessing a berserker's fury and skill.

Alliance-The Elf King is cured of his ancient bloodlust and leads the armies of the world against that which sleeps.
Agent-The Elf King is driven ever further in to madness by the whispers of chaos, seeking out alliance heroes and attacking them.

EDIT: but that doesn't seem very primal so here's another one.

The Old Earthen Primal
Image: A hulking humanoid, it towers many stories above the average man, though its squat form smacks of the dwarves. The primal wears little in the way of clothing but its bulging muscles are covered in dirt and stone and its grey beard reaches nearly to the floor. It wields a massive club that crackles with unseen power.
power: The Earthen primal once shaped the very land itself. now it watches in guarded secrecy as the lesser races dabble in archectiture.

alliance victory: The earthen primal agrees to separate the world with pillars of stone. He can cause gridspaces to become mountains. Chance to destroy whatever is already there.

Agent victory: The earthen primal is turned against the lesser races and wracks havoc where he passes. Slowly terraforms the land into stony badlands and fiery desert as he travels. Can occasionally destroy whatever lies on a tile.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:49:55 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 210