Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 368325 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1155 on: February 22, 2015, 11:15:31 am »

Ahh yes I love the part about map interactions...makes me wonder if there is a way to terraform in game? I suppose there is because one of the gods exerts cold over the land...still curious to see if that just gives POIs negative modifiers or if it actually changes the terrain.

Yes, terraforming will be possible, I remember that it was mentioned in one of the old devlogs.

Well... Not to mention at least one of the playable gods (I need to memorise what the game calls them) is based around terraforming.

Inatha.  He creates a blizzard that slowly spreads across the world, giving him an extremely defensible home base to fall back to as enemy armies suffer attrition from the cold and the monsters hiding in it (not to mention the effects of the weather on the economies supporting them).  He also has some kind of voice thing where the fragments of his wendigo-style voice are scattered around the world.  Your agents can hunt them down and retrieve them to power up your avatar or you can leave them where they call monsters and increase the danger of hte surrounding area.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 22, 2015, 11:22:29 am »

Ohh I was speaking of Seraph who slowly covers the world with her crystals the more of her fragments you obtain.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 26, 2015, 08:52:30 pm »

The map editor is out for beta backers.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 26, 2015, 10:35:18 pm »

suck it, witchhunter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 26, 2015, 10:36:31 pm »

Ohh I was speaking of Seraph who slowly covers the world with her crystals the more of her fragments you obtain.

I don't think that counts as terraforming though.  Also does she?  I know she creates a crystal palace that attracts people but I don't thinks he spreads crystals everywhere.
Shoes...

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 26, 2015, 11:21:26 pm »

I seem to recall that Seraph was a Crystal Palace with a growing field of influence which was essentially just as defensive due to her ability to summon mirrored versions of herself within it's domain at will. Unlike Inatha's nobody wants to be here terraforming.

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1161 on: February 26, 2015, 11:48:11 pm »

Seraph raises towers which serve to funnel light to her palace, they don't terraform but "drain light" from adjacent areas creating a variety of interest effects.  We WILL be revisiting the core six Old Ones to see if terraforming abilities will benefit their strategies and theme but Inatha and Moloch are the only two who pivot around terraforming abilities as they were two that were specifically stripped from consideration early because the static map wouldn't support them. 

Inatha is straightforward - a combination of slow but permanent conversion to tundra as well as the ability to push out sudden storms and other environmental effects from the mountain peaks that still contain his voice.  Moloch is more insidious and open to various approaches from forcing the hexes adjacent to his pools to regress to a primal state (jungles, high temperature, more danger) to corrupting rivers with his bile forcing downstream POIs to suffer to wielding his tendrils like weapons to form massive wounds in the earth permanently damaging the hex (and any POI atop it).  However, each usage provides openings for the Heroes to descend into the Underworld and seek out his Heart, or at the very least sever some of his tendrils.

I'm hoping we get to another Old One vote (though Race is next) while in Beta as one of our next contenders is a Sentient War Machine from the Age of Wonders that has a very unique relationship with terraforming focused around ancient ruins, though I do expect Tzadar to rally and take it. 
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 27, 2015, 12:45:02 am »

Seraph raises towers which serve to funnel light to her palace, they don't terraform but "drain light" from adjacent areas creating a variety of interest effects.  We WILL be revisiting the core six Old Ones to see if terraforming abilities will benefit their strategies and theme but Inatha and Moloch are the only two who pivot around terraforming abilities as they were two that were specifically stripped from consideration early because the static map wouldn't support them. 

Inatha is straightforward - a combination of slow but permanent conversion to tundra as well as the ability to push out sudden storms and other environmental effects from the mountain peaks that still contain his voice.  Moloch is more insidious and open to various approaches from forcing the hexes adjacent to his pools to regress to a primal state (jungles, high temperature, more danger) to corrupting rivers with his bile forcing downstream POIs to suffer to wielding his tendrils like weapons to form massive wounds in the earth permanently damaging the hex (and any POI atop it).  However, each usage provides openings for the Heroes to descend into the Underworld and seek out his Heart, or at the very least sever some of his tendrils.

I'm hoping we get to another Old One vote (though Race is next) while in Beta as one of our next contenders is a Sentient War Machine from the Age of Wonders that has a very unique relationship with terraforming focused around ancient ruins, though I do expect Tzadar to rally and take it.

Will there be old ones that feature an object as their source of power? Like Sauron and the One Ring? Because that leads to a lot of possibilities for moders.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 27, 2015, 12:50:30 am »

I am excite.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 27, 2015, 08:21:11 am »

Will there be old ones that feature an object as their source of power? Like Sauron and the One Ring? Because that leads to a lot of possibilities for moders.

I don't think that there are any Old Ones like that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 27, 2015, 08:22:38 am »

Well, you'd know :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:38 am »

I don't think that there are any Old Ones like that.
More importantly, can one like that be created by modders?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 27, 2015, 09:19:51 am »

Would Sauron really start with the One Ring, though? It sounds to me more like something he'd do during the game. A mechanic for creating artifacts that empower you while making you more vulnerable would certainly be interesting option.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 27, 2015, 09:22:28 am »

Wasn't there something like that in one of the earlier devlogs? Or am I misremembering and you can instead empower your minions with your awesome powah? I'm pretty sure some empowering will be in the game.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 27, 2015, 09:26:12 am »

A mechanic for creating artifacts that empower you while making you more vulnerable would certainly be interesting option.

Agreed. Hm....perhaps a "Suggestions & Ideas" topic should be created on the official forums. [Even tho I don't see the BETA board, since I am not a backer..] That being said....perhaps it's kinda early for that, since most of the KS goals will be added later on as well.  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:29:04 am by gimli »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 210