Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 368341 times)

HellHound01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1140 on: February 21, 2015, 04:27:36 am »

The new map graphics and builder look amazing.

So hyped.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 21, 2015, 05:30:18 am »

Map builder is pretty promising. It's still in a pretty basic state but it has a nice variety of tiles to start with. I'm fairly pleased with the look, after all the back and forth with it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 21, 2015, 07:41:56 am »

(response to removed posts removed)

But back to the game! Aaaaah I have so many maps to convert to this. 11 minutes was not enough video. I'm probably going to be spending more time in the editors happily creating than in actual playing. Though that, too. I mostly signed up for the editors, even before there was a dynamic map.

I repeat: aaaaah. And I repeat my suggestion for a Bay 12 collaborative scenario when the game comes out.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:00:28 pm by Toady One »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:42 am »

Some of the map textures are looking weird [but again, we can change them as well], but overall, the map editor will be excellent and easy to use as well. 8) I can't wait for the next devlog.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 21, 2015, 11:47:22 am »

I love it so far...been tinkering around in the editor all morning

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 21, 2015, 12:12:59 pm »

That map editor ended up far sexier then I thought it would!  Kudos to them!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 21, 2015, 12:15:33 pm »

So, it's looking like everything hoped for so far?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 21, 2015, 05:04:36 pm »

So, it's looking like everything hoped for so far?

Well it's just basic terrain and terrain features at this point. The map isn't really going to come to life without all the other assets and yet more terrain tiles. But it looks like a good foundation for custom maps and scenarios. Really it's the AI interacting with the map where we'll see it really start to shine.

Watching the dev log, the map builder is actually way more subtle than it appears at first blush. There's lots of logic between all the terrain and feature choices. (Marshes need to be connected by a river or they dry up, upstream/downstream as it relates to corrupting or poisoning rivers...)

I'm also tickled pink you can name map features in not just one, but 4 languages. If that text shows on the final map product, that'll be rad as hell.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:17:47 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 21, 2015, 05:20:47 pm »

Ahh yes I love the part about map interactions...makes me wonder if there is a way to terraform in game? I suppose there is because one of the gods exerts cold over the land...still curious to see if that just gives POIs negative modifiers or if it actually changes the terrain.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 21, 2015, 07:49:51 pm »

It actually changes the terrain.  Inatha was brought back in after being scrapped because the new hex system allowed real terraforming to do him justice.
Shoes...

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 21, 2015, 08:26:33 pm »

I don't usually like this civ style games, but this one seems so good if the AI be handled well

must...
not..
buy...
early acess... :-X

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 21, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »

I don't think this is civ style...it strikes me as far more Crusader Kings-esque...

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 22, 2015, 08:08:09 am »

Ahh yes I love the part about map interactions...makes me wonder if there is a way to terraform in game? I suppose there is because one of the gods exerts cold over the land...still curious to see if that just gives POIs negative modifiers or if it actually changes the terrain.

Yes, terraforming will be possible, I remember that it was mentioned in one of the old devlogs.

I don't think this is civ style...it strikes me as far more Crusader Kings-esque...

We can't really compare this game to any others imo. It's really unique on the strategy market. The Civ games or even CK2 are very different with regard to their gameplay system/strategical layer compared to TWS. It's even hard to compare it to other "God games", like Black and White or Populous.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:16:05 am by gimli »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 22, 2015, 08:09:23 am »

Yes, terraforming will be possible, I remember that it was mentioned in one of the old devlogs.

Well... Not to mention at least one of the playable gods (I need to memorise what the game calls them) is based around terraforming.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 22, 2015, 10:14:53 am »

As far as I can tell it's neither Civ-style nor CK2-ish but more boardgame-like ;)
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 210