Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 368455 times)

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1005 on: October 22, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

I'm so excite, but I kind of lost track of that Very Excite Thing that's been a Very Elusive Thing.

I think I remember you guys saying the demo might show up around the same time as Scenario Viewer, or it might show up a few weeks after, or it might show up with hte beta in December, or it might not show up at all.  Now that the Kickstarter is winding down can we get an update on that?

We need to settle the map assets first and take stock for a reasonable timeframe - we're expecting to have a report out to everyone in about two weeks.  I would imagine we'd end up taking the Beta Build and making a short demo, or we may just not produce a demo given how critical time is now that we have so many more expectations to fit within our current timeframe.

On that note....please post the funding-killing videos now, plox. :P

We're going to toss them up on the backer forums.  However, we plan on getting back to a "regular" schedule of a Dev Log every two weeks that will go up on YouTube once the assets are integrated.

We've also just learned that it takes 7 days from the end of the KS before we will have the final backer information, so we'll have to post an update saying people probably won't be up on the forums until then - but in that case I'll try to make sure everyone gets their information that day.

Probably going to be MIA for two days - taking a computer break after all this. 
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 22, 2014, 06:43:44 pm »

A well-deserved break, for sure.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 23, 2014, 06:13:44 am »

Uh, have I missed something - backer forums? Are they just not up yet, or was there a link I didn't see in the updates?

In any case, Amazon cleared that my payment went through. Hurray! You know what, treat yourself with my... 25€. You can get a good goat to sacrifice with that, I'll tell you.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1008 on: October 23, 2014, 06:24:34 am »

Goats are pretty expensive around where I live, I doubt you could get more than a quarter of it for that price. It's madness, MADNESS, I tell you! Not even your ordinary, honest-to-goodness cultist can get along in this modern capitalist world! And don't even get me started on HUMAN sacrifices - can you just imagine the paperwork this would involve?

I for one welcome our pan-galactic, mind-devouring Eldtritch Overlords. Down with capitalist pigs and filthy bourgeoisie! We are all equal before Them.

That is, equally insignificant once They awake from Their slumber.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1009 on: October 23, 2014, 07:34:31 am »

Uh, have I missed something - backer forums? Are they just not up yet, or was there a link I didn't see in the updates?

In any case, Amazon cleared that my payment went through. Hurray! You know what, treat yourself with my... 25€. You can get a good goat to sacrifice with that, I'll tell you.

We get the finalized backer report 7 days after the KS first tries to charge people, then we can load everything up into the forum.
That Which Sleeps

Jalak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 23, 2014, 07:55:28 am »

Since you've said that there's no blank slate old one we can use to play as an ascended straight away, could I just design one with the mod tools and force it in the ascended slot myself and it would work just as well otherwise?

Speaking of modding, are there any plans for a devlog explaining how to mod in an old one, specifically?

rylen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 23, 2014, 04:11:32 pm »

Since you've said that there's no blank slate old one we can use to play as an ascended straight away, could I just design one with the mod tools and force it in the ascended slot myself and it would work just as well otherwise?

Speaking of modding, are there any plans for a devlog explaining how to mod in an old one, specifically?
Back on page 23 I asked an Old One modding question and on 24 I got a detailed answer. That might help. I, also, am looking forward to the new devlogs and hope we'll get a few talking about what KDG learned while balancing the scenarios. I suspect it is easy to create an "of course I win" Old One or an impossible scenario. Hordes of orcs shaking their fists at the sea comes to mind.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:14:47 pm by rylen »

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 23, 2014, 06:18:57 pm »

Hey KDG, enjoy your sleep, it is well reserved. Just in case you do check our forum I saw that there was a new update on Kickstarter which was marked as backers only. Since I'm one of the Paypal backers I'm now burning with curiosity to find out what's in that update. It might be a good idea (if you've got a list of Paypal-backers) to mail them the info in these sorts of updates.

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1013 on: October 23, 2014, 07:21:16 pm »

We intend to release comprehensive videos to accompany the Beta Modding Release - but that won't be for some time

Hey KDG, enjoy your sleep, it is well reserved. Just in case you do check our forum I saw that there was a new update on Kickstarter which was marked as backers only. Since I'm one of the Paypal backers I'm now burning with curiosity to find out what's in that update. It might be a good idea (if you've got a list of Paypal-backers) to mail them the info in these sorts of updates.

We put the update up on Reddit for now, in the future all updates will go through the Forums (once everyone is up on them)
That Which Sleeps

Jalak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 25, 2014, 10:16:55 pm »

So, any news?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 26, 2014, 02:58:22 am »

Relax. This guy has a typed a novel's worth of info at us, more than any other Kickstarter I've ever participated in. After the whirlwind of the Kickstarter, and a break, I'm sure he'd like to get some actual programming done too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Romanul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 26, 2014, 03:44:38 am »

So, any news?

The first step is for KS/Amazon to finish processing all the pledges (should take about 7 days) and then the TWS forum will be up and running. If all goes well, next weekend we should have the forum up and we can proceed from there.

Rutee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 26, 2014, 08:54:36 am »

...though I totally get the refreshing the page to see if anything's happened.

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1018 on: October 27, 2014, 09:13:34 am »

So, any news?

The first step is for KS/Amazon to finish processing all the pledges (should take about 7 days) and then the TWS forum will be up and running. If all goes well, next weekend we should have the forum up and we can proceed from there.

This is where we are at right now - lots of art assets coming in which will be put up on the forum when it's available.
That Which Sleeps

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1019 on: October 27, 2014, 01:44:30 pm »

Discovered this  a couple weeks ago, I am actually incredibly excited for this game, however I couldn't get on the Kick starter and I only have about ten bucks on my Gift card, so I guess I'll have to wait, Does anyone know what the price on steam is gonna be?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 210