Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 366933 times)

ERICdb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarting!
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2014, 04:27:03 pm »

First time ever backing, 50 bucks.

Actually, same here. BTW, don't know how much it is to be trusted or no (http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/) , but in the extraordinary case that funds keep flowing like now we would surpass every strech goal. Dreaming is free.

EDIT: Number 26 in popularity on IndieDB. :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:49:24 pm by ERICdb »

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »

Absolutely, I finished the Jalak event the day after I mentioned it - it is a really interesting event for the Old One, especially if you are playing a deep sleeper.

I'd be happy enough with getting Religion back in, but I have to admit since we POC'd the Procedural Generation I do wish I had gone that route in the beginning - not as a replacement for hand-crafted scenarios but to go hand in hand with them as the stretch goal implies.  The ability to let the cultural elements "flow" and then choose when to wake is worth the added frustration of working with genealogical systems.
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »

Backed for the Heroic (villain) tier. Looking forward to find out what kind of naming conventions you're going to use. Also glad to see the thread on GITP picked up a little at least (I'm Driderman there) :)

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2014, 04:50:13 pm »

Backed, good luck.

rylen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »

I'm in at the $25 tier. Got some fun ideas from the talk about the wounds system for an agent which I'll try when the game gets out.

Seraph7996

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2014, 06:13:35 pm »

Jeez, its not even been a whole day and you're already at least 3500$ in. That's great, at this rate the stretch goals shouldn't be too terribly hard to reach.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »

I don't want to be a downer or anything but a lot of this huge showing is probably people who've been waiting with a fistful of money since August.  It'll probably slow down.
Shoes...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »

Of course it will slow down...always tends to. On the flip side though the strong start will help people feel more secure about the chances of success as well as giving it a good showing and helping word about it get out.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 23, 2014, 12:24:04 am »

Finally got to backing as a World Builder Tier.

As of this post, more then a third done with the funding. And still more time to go.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 23, 2014, 01:37:37 am »

While I agree that the backing may slow down considerably, having over 30% covered in one day lays a great foundation for reaching the goal, I think.

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 23, 2014, 06:48:20 am »

I've been promoting the game on some other forums I often visit so hopefully that will give it some more buzz. Now if only Kickstarter accepted Paypal I could actually back the game myself   :'(
What kind of scope are you planning on giving the demo by the way? Will it be limited to X turns, or will it be an entire game but limited to only one Sleeper/Background and with the current placeholder graphics?

One small nitpick: I noticed that the red text was hard to read on the dark background in the videos.  I'm unable to read what is under "A body yet Remains" after the second combat in the Combat DevLog. This might of course be due to the resolution of the video but just in case it isn't it's never too early for betatesting  :)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 23, 2014, 07:12:54 am »

Judging from what the first devlog said I think it's a full game, but limited to The North Burns and Belial for the Old One for now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 23, 2014, 09:48:55 am »

Now if only Kickstarter accepted Paypal I could actually back the game myself

Pretty much my sentiment too. I'd actually really like to back this, but people having a credit card are quite uncommon where I live.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 23, 2014, 10:14:40 am »

Paypal can be used...but thats a manual on the side operation they would have to set up. Perhaps you can use a convincing tone to make that happen :P

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #404 on: September 23, 2014, 11:25:11 am »

The Red Text comes through quite clear on my screen, but yeah I noticed it was impossible to see on the video - must have been the compression used, all of the color specifiers are actually configurable by HTML code in the game itself.  We did this because we use color specifiers a LOT to make it easier to quickly get information, and a color blind person would absolutely miss out without being able to change some of them easily.

We've gotten two messages about pay pal so far, Joe is working on setting that up now so should get it up within a day or so.  We'll make sure that that amount factors into the stretch goals.

Pretty exciting that we're almost halfway, we've been talking about putting up some of the POC work we did on Procedural Generation and Religions as an update, think that might be of interest to people?
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 210