Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 366955 times)

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- in development
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2014, 01:43:07 am »

After watching the combat demo, im very interested in this game.

However, there are serveral questions I would like to ask:

1. Will there be more visualization of the combat? I hate to caculate those number myself, something like civ5 style might help a lot.

2. No corpse left for heroes? I was hoping some kind of necromancer gameplay.

3. And you have to click though every hero to find out what armor type or attack type or items they have?

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2014, 03:35:00 am »

1. I don't think we'll be getting any more visualization per say - but we do think a "results of attack" mouseover tooltip makes sense (been on the todo list for months).  So if my 8 physical and 2 fire attack agent is doing a basic attack, if I mouse over a  1 elemental and 3 physical defense mage it will show that I would do if  (math...) 6 damage.  This should make it easier to make snap decisions.

2. Oh well - what a great question. There's a LOT you can do with dead heroes - and even living heroes you can get a token of them to use for rituals.  However, you have to have the appropriate TRAIT for that - a lot of our game pivots around checking "what trait or skill level does this person have" and then allowing for results.  A mindless barbarian would not be able to collect tokens from a hero, nor would he know what to do with a body (except mutilate it, and yes that is in the game), but a necromancer has... many FUN uses for corpses.  I don't want to spoil any but... ONE OF THEM involves reanimating the corpse and having it deliver a message to whoever sent the hero after you.  It really messes with morale, as you might expect.

3. It's a mouseover at this point, not necessarily a click though it amounts to the same.  I understand it can be a bit much, but I tried to emphasize in the video that combat is RARE - so it is a decision for you to wade in to these combats or not.  We may be able to put that information on the token on the map and lose the mouseover whole portrait, but no promises on that right now. 

Glad you liked the video. 
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2014, 08:48:16 am »

Woke up, waiting for the Kickstarter.

So hyped right now for it.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2014, 10:49:10 am »

Now I'm wojndering what else kind of elaborate stuff you can do.  Stuff like black company where they made the "put raker's head on the block and get a shitload of gold" thing
Shoes...

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2014, 12:34:21 pm »

haha - man that's a good idea - we have abilities tied to "tokens" but not quite to that level

KS - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps
Greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316173232

All support appreciated!  Spread the word if you're in the evangelist mood!  Been awake for 28 hours so I might be quiet for awhile.
That Which Sleeps

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2014, 12:34:58 pm »

Ha just checked to see if it was up 30 seconds before you put it up...thank you! Was the first donation :D may bump it up later
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:39:09 pm by dennislp3 »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2014, 01:08:31 pm »

Pledged!  Good luck, I hope you hit the religion stretch goal at the very least!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2014, 01:16:27 pm »

Just pleged.
Wow you guy just go 4% in first 30 minute  :o

Look promissing  :D

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2014, 01:17:33 pm »

Just want to let everyone that has ever posted in this thread know - we got a little something something planned for you guys way down the road.  I'll be collecting emails later (assuming the KS passes) so we can make sure it gets into the right hands.

Success or not, it has been awesome being able to talk through the design of the game with everyone here.
That Which Sleeps

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2014, 01:21:08 pm »

Well thats awesome :D I know I feel pretty privilaged to be a part of the start of such a unique and good game. I can't imagine you wont hit goal...especially if we do our part to get the word out

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2014, 01:23:54 pm »

I'm just glad I stumbled on this so I can continue to be far too excited for between 3 to 6 months. Pledged and good luck!

Just a thought, I don't think I read anything about completing stretch goals after the base game itself is completed on the kickstarter. I feel this is an important thing to note (perhaps in the risks section) in order to reassure people who don't know already that you have thought carefully about the time needed to release the game and aren't going to get weighed down by any stretch goals.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:26:42 pm by Mithras »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 22, 2014, 01:32:44 pm »

I done pledged.

Just a thought, I don't think I read anything about completing stretch goals after the base game itself is completed on the kickstarter. I feel this is an important thing to note (perhaps in the risks section) in order to reassure people who don't know already that you have thought carefully about the time needed to release the game and aren't going to get weighed down by any stretch goals.

I dunno. More resources to put towards art and graphics might not be a bad stretch goal. TWS doesn't have the exposure currently, I think, to have a chance at crazy Kickstarter monies, but it never hurts to plan for that eventuality.

Also, Novel, you should edit the title to say that there's a Kickstarter.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:35:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 22, 2014, 01:43:17 pm »

I've been watching this thread for a while and now that the kickstarter is launched i'm happy to say that i backed it.

Good luck for this month.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 22, 2014, 01:53:21 pm »

10% funded in roughly an hour...I have a feeling this will end well considering there is roughly 718 hours left of the kickstarter to go :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 22, 2014, 01:58:35 pm »

Something else that just occurred to me, from the combat video.

Why not have a tooltip describing what a unit's results will be when attacking another unit?

1. Select attacking unit.
2. Select attack target.
3. Pop tool tip describing the outcome of the battle.
3a. Or, pop a small window that does the same.

This would really cut to the chase of the attack/defense value comparisons. The tooltip window could have columns for each affected agent/hero, showing damage that would be dealt, damage that would be blocked and damage that would be taken.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 210