Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 367816 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #2610 on: March 16, 2017, 05:10:36 pm »

Had that guy just said that he knew josh and instantly explained the situation instead of pretending he didnt it would of been fine.

The breathless website that "broke" that "story" (linked somewhere upthread?) is so ridiculously slanted it's not even funny. They're taking what is said and not said, and doing far more eyebrow-waggling than their nefarious, sinister discovery merits. I don't have anything invested in this beyond casual interest as an on-again/off-again bystander, but that seems like a witchhunter's site, so to speak. I'd be strongly inclined to take everything it says (and does not say) with a pound of salt.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: March 16, 2017, 05:50:14 pm »

Well yeah, it's that one guy who was banned from the threat for having a hateboner for the guys IIRC. They failed to deliver on time or something so he decided to start a one-man crusade to bring them to justice or whatever.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: March 16, 2017, 05:57:48 pm »

Unless his evidence was outright forged, there's enough to be worried about.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: March 16, 2017, 06:04:52 pm »

It is a little weird how that guy seems so obsessed with TWS. And more than a little ironic that after calling much of what he's been posting BS, this actually has a leg to stand on. Kickstarter creators aren't required to tell anyone anything about their business dealings, even as it relates to the Kickstarter. But the honest ones that want to have a good report with their backers do, diligently. The fact the project has been so troubled internally and no one mentioned second companies, involvement in other games, etc....stinks.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: March 16, 2017, 09:37:05 pm »

Had that guy just said that he knew josh and instantly explained the situation instead of pretending he didnt it would of been fine.

The breathless website that "broke" that "story" (linked somewhere upthread?) is so ridiculously slanted it's not even funny. They're taking what is said and not said, and doing far more eyebrow-waggling than their nefarious, sinister discovery merits. I don't have anything invested in this beyond casual interest as an on-again/off-again bystander, but that seems like a witchhunter's site, so to speak. I'd be strongly inclined to take everything it says (and does not say) with a pound of salt.

The site's also full of bizarro right wing crap. 
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: March 17, 2017, 11:04:28 am »

That entire blog site is dedicated to crusading against injustice it seems.
I don't really care for the site itself, but more so the things he's posted regarding TWS.

Which once again... given all the other shit going on is shady as hell.
It's also not like he's inventing bullshit out of thin air, he does supply evidence, screenshots and actual factual logic to his accusations.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: March 17, 2017, 11:12:30 am »

*shrug* even a broken clock is right twice a day. Man might be a paranoid right wing zealot, but he makes good points about the KingDinosaur fiasco
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Serenseven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: March 17, 2017, 11:40:57 am »

Well yeah, it's that one guy who was banned from the threat for having a hateboner for the guys IIRC. They failed to deliver on time or something so he decided to start a one-man crusade to bring them to justice or whatever.

He was banned for attempting to extort KDG with the threat of negative publicity if the beta wasn't released before a deadline he arbitrarily set. Joe/Fenicks banned him in response, and, well, the guy did at least have the stones to follow through on his threat.

He may well be proven right in the end, but his behavior at the time clearly merited the ban.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: March 17, 2017, 11:52:45 am »

He was banned for attempting to extort KDG with the threat of negative publicity if the beta wasn't released before a deadline he arbitrarily set. Joe/Fenicks banned him in response, and, well, the guy did at least have the stones to follow through on his threat.

He may well be proven right in the end, but his behavior at the time clearly merited the ban.

I re-read the article, http://matthewhopkinsnews.com/?p=2642

It seems more like he was calling them out on their bullshit and the fact that they missed every deadline, had no gameplay, lied about multiple things etc.

I'm not really seeing him extort them other than saying "hey im going to write on my blog about all the BS you've pulled if you done come through with your promises".
Which really he was completely entitled to, since they were already 1year + behind with no information really being shared.

This guy is probably one of those zealots, but he's got some really good reasons to act that way against TWS.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: March 17, 2017, 12:45:30 pm »

*Shrug*  Angry zealots are pretty annoying.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: March 18, 2017, 08:07:26 am »

My problem with his whole 'investigation' thing is that it's so heavy with the 'offended middle aged house wife' self importance. When he uses phrases like: 'KDG knew I had promised a positive article if the video was out by 22/10/2015, or a critical one if it was not.' it just makes me think he's a complete tool.

They don't have to cater to his whims, and if they don't meet his standards he can ask for a refund and be done with it.

It's not a defense of KDG, they definitely messed up, but I feel that this is a case of someone who personally feels slighted rather than that he has uncovered a massive conspiracy.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: March 18, 2017, 09:04:34 am »

If only people had this kind of response to people putting incomplete games like Battlefront, or preposterous DLC models, or just games that did a complete 180 on our expectations like Destiny.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: March 18, 2017, 11:30:35 am »

People who invest in kickstarts tend to be more passionate about the game-to-be, hence stronger emotional reactions than with mass consumers. There are similar reactions to other failed products, but in that case the percentage of the buyers is smaller. I actually believe this can harm EA/kickstarter games if the developers become captive to a toxic audience, which can poison the end product. This can come in the form of exploding amount of features or by spending too much effort on a specific aspect. Not saying this happened with TWS, just generic musings. I definitely saw it happen to Mordheim.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2623 on: March 18, 2017, 12:01:20 pm »

Also I can see the finished product before putting money down with games that go to retail normally. Kickstarters require money up front for a product that is unfinished or may not even exist

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: March 18, 2017, 02:33:19 pm »

'offended middle aged house wife' self importance

Best and most accurate thing I'll read all day. Thank you, I needed this.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 210