Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 203404 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

So I hear Turkey made a major land incursion into Syria today. Can we talk about that here? It seems to be primarily an invasion of IS territory, but given this is the Turks we are talking about... It could well be an attack on Kurds or the Syrian government. The attack was done with the support of the US military.

Do we talk about that here? Or Ameripol? Or somewhere else I'm not thinking of?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

It's interesting. I wonder what Russia's reaction will be, are they on it?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Calling human rights watch reports and world bank figures bullshit wiki info makes you look somewhat dumb. Please stop the biased ranting miljan.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turkey invasion: Have they invaded that little area that's supposed to be "Armageddon" for IS?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I hear Turkey made a major land incursion into Syria today. Can we talk about that here? It seems to be primarily an invasion of IS territory, but given this is the Turks we are talking about... It could well be an attack on Kurds or the Syrian government. The attack was done with the support of the US military.

Do we talk about that here? Or Ameripol? Or somewhere else I'm not thinking of?

It is an attack on the Kurds. Turkey said it wont pull back until the Kurds go east of the Euphrates. Sad that America caved in to that dictator.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If they fulfill the prophecy that IS is supposed to believe, they are bumbling fools. Why give your enemy propaganda?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Not so much an attack ON THE KURDs as IN THE WAY OF THE KURDs. I guess the US are just glad to have Turkey in the fight and are concerned about the Russian-Turkey rapprochement.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

If they fulfill the prophecy that IS is supposed to believe, they are bumbling fools. Why give your enemy propaganda?
You don't give your enemy propaganda, your enemy makes propaganda

Killing an enemy that wants to die is a mutually beneficial arrangement

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least you are getting their story straight.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #1329 on: September 07, 2016, 07:25:24 pm »

The UN reports to have evidence that the Assad regime used chlorine gas on it's civilians again, for the second time within a week. Abuot 80 people, amongst whom 50 children, had to be treated for respiratory problems after cilinder bombs were dropped on the Al-Sukari district of Aleppo. The whole neighborhood smelled of chlorine according to human rights observers.

You might wonder, how Assad has gas, after international teams removed the chemical weapons from his country?
Simple. They intentionally left the chloride gas, because it's not considered a chemical weapon until it is actually used in combat. Before that, it's just a legal industrial product. So the chemwarfare removal team had no choice but to leave it.

Hey, Obama. How about that 'red line that can't be crossed' ?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:29:06 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #1330 on: September 07, 2016, 07:50:01 pm »

The UN reports to have evidence that the Assad regime used chlorine gas on it's civilians again, for the second time within a week. Abuot 80 people, amongst whom 50 children, had to be treated for respiratory problems after cilinder bombs were dropped on the Al-Sukari district of Aleppo. The whole neighborhood smelled of chlorine according to human rights observers.

You might wonder, how Assad has gas, after international teams removed the chemical weapons from his country?
Simple. They intentionally left the chloride gas, because it's not considered a chemical weapon until it is actually used in combat. Before that, it's just a legal industrial product. So the chemwarfare removal team had no choice but to leave it.

Hey, Obama. How about that 'red line that can't be crossed' ?

To be fair, if you went after every nation with large amounts of chlorine you'd be at war with the entire planet because of the many many uses for chlorine. However, using it in warfare is completely unacceptable/internationally illegal.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 15, 2016, 03:53:30 am »

So, it seems that the new Saudi leadership realized that funding Islamist extremist is a bad idea. I was and am skeptical of their reformist credential as far as the economy goes (Few things of substance but the sale of part of Saudi Aramco, and that look a lot like an occasion for massive embezzlement), but if they do stop funding extremist Madrassah abroad and are able to rein in their own clergy, some good might come out of this.

Of course, the alliance between the House of Saud and the Wahabbis is centuries old at this point, and even if the reformist leadership is earnest it is by no mean certain they will succeed.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 16, 2016, 02:15:13 pm »

Make love not war

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 16, 2016, 02:31:10 pm »

American commandos 'forced to run away' from US-backed Syrian rebels
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/16/american-commandos-forced-to-run-away-from-us-backed-syrian-rebe/
 :D

What a remarkably vapid article, even for the general shittiness that is Syria reporting.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 16, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »

American commandos 'forced to run away' from US-backed Syrian rebels
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/16/american-commandos-forced-to-run-away-from-us-backed-syrian-rebe/
 :D

Not surprised, a lot of FSA groups that work in that region hate Kurds. But reports are already saying that US forces are back in, after the group of those that forced them out was disbanded and moved to other parts
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 136