Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 203566 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #780 on: November 01, 2015, 04:37:12 am »

You also have the hypothesis that mechanical failure brought the plane low enough for ISIS to shoot it down of course. But then, this is far-fetched too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #781 on: November 01, 2015, 06:45:57 pm »

The alternative is do nothing and let Syria turn into worse Somalia
I thought that was pretty much what we were doing the whole time...
Openly, excluding all aid and "advisers"
Or by propping up one of the sides enough that they could drag the fighting on longer and/or strong enough to take the fighting to where the civilians are in a much larger scale otherwise.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #782 on: November 01, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »

The alternative is do nothing and let Syria turn into worse Somalia
I thought that was pretty much what we were doing the whole time...
Openly, excluding all aid and "advisers"
Or by propping up one of the sides enough that they could drag the fighting on longer and/or strong enough to take the fighting to where the civilians are in a much larger scale otherwise.
As opposed to obliterating all sides?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 01, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »

Posting to Jihad.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 24, 2015, 08:29:54 am »

Turkey brought down a Russian Su24.

Not saying the next big war's a coming, but I wouldn't sell your ammunition stock just yet.
  http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/turkey-shoots-warplane-syria-border-151124081519290.html
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 24, 2015, 08:41:44 am »

Yeah it's being discussed in the non EU Europe thread.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 24, 2015, 01:22:13 pm »

This seems like a more reasonable place to discuss it though, given it being a Syria issue.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 24, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »

I wasn't aware that Syria was in Iraq. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 24, 2015, 02:52:41 pm »

If there's American A teams running around in the general area, it probably qualifies as being back in Iraq, I think.

And Syria issues are certainly Isil issues as well.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 29, 2015, 10:21:04 am »

Kurdish fighters report to have once again uncovered mass graves of killed Jezidis in the northern Iraq region of Sinjar. 113 bodies were found that have likely been the victims of mass execution. Jezidis are the minority group that initally convinced western forces to intervene military, back when they were trapped on a mountain.
IS views them as devil-worshippers, and will kill any Jezidi that is not a virgin girl.

If that wasn't gruesome enough, one of the mass graves they found was boobytrapped with explosives below the bodies. Fortunatly they were discovered and disarmed by the Kurds.

So apparently IS is twisted enough to boobytrap mass graves. Having some trouble getting rid of the mental image of rotten bodyparts flying everywhere now.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #790 on: November 29, 2015, 10:28:49 am »

Source pls

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2015, 11:01:07 am »

Interesting article by a person who was the first western journalist to spend time with Isis back in 2014.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/27/bomb-isis-west-learned-nothign-from-war-terror-defeat-muslim-world-equal-partner

In one of interview he said, that the main ways ISIS is getting its arms is from turkey and the so called moderate rebels that west is supporting.

Also

NATO is harbouring the Islamic State
Why France’s brave new war on ISIS is a sick joke, and an insult to the victims of the Paris attacks
https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/europe-is-harbouring-the-islamic-state-s-backers-d24db3a24a40#.p9evcid8d
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:05:37 am by miljan »
Make love not war

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #793 on: November 29, 2015, 11:12:00 am »

Give the Kurds everything they need when?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 29, 2015, 11:18:14 am »

Not before Turkey leaves NATO I think.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 136