Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 203509 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mehh, CNN is a well know west propaganda channel on the level of russia today. And as the source of the information is coming from them, and especially from a anonymous source, it's probably a lie as so many other they had over the years.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:52:10 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mehh, CNN is a well know west propaganda channel on the level of russia today. And as the source of the information is coming from them, and especially from a anonymous source, it's probably a lie as so many other they had over the years.

*rolls eyes*

Go find a non-cnn source and post it then if you think they're lying.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Less than 15% failure rate is very good for a first combat launch of a new missile system. I remember they've once had three failed launches in a row with Yars ballistic missiles.
._.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its interesting that only thing needed is a anonymous source for some information to be presented, and people think it really happened. Hack even if it was a named one, people should take it with a grain of salt as who knows  how many times there where false information posted in a war time.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reputation is a thing. If CNN says that its sources say something I tend to believe. Note the word "likely" I used

Less than 15% failure rate is very good for a first combat launch of a new missile system. I remember they've once had three failed launches in a row with Yars ballistic missiles.
You are assuming that no missiles

a) fell in the Caspian sea
b) fell in Iraqi desert
c) fell in random places in Syria dozens of miles away from intended target
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

You are assuming that no missiles

a) fell in the Caspian sea
b) fell in Iraqi desert
c) fell in random places in Syria dozens of miles away from intended target
I'm assuming that nothing of the aforementioned things have happened, yes, since CNN is a reputable source and they would surely have told us if that has happened. Since they don't, I assume that all other missiles have successfully hit their targets.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

CNN aint reputable

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CNN aint reputable
Reputation is subjective.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

CNN aint reputable
Shit stains no matter how much you think it smells of roses

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CNN aint reputable

FauxNews is 1000x shittier than CNN.

Also, Iran is denying that any cruise missiles crashed in their territory, of course though, they would deny anyway.

The basic fact remains that some of them simply didn't reach their targets for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:34:04 pm by smjjames »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

CNN is pretty bad for anything but local news, but not in the same way as Fox or MSNBC. They don't have a consistent political leaning, at least around here, but they are known for making things up and doing manipulative not-quite-lying things to make things more interesting when they don't.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CNN is pretty bad for anything but local news, but not in the same way as Fox or MSNBC. They don't have a consistent political leaning, at least around here, but they are known for making things up and doing manipulative not-quite-lying things to make things more interesting when they don't.

Got any better cable news stuff that I should be watching?

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Iran is denying that any cruise missiles crashed in their territory, of course though, they would deny anyway.

The basic fact remains that some of them simply didn't reach their targets for whatever reason.

The basic facts of what? You have an unnamed source from USA  saying a missile crash compared to name sources of russia and iran saying its not correct. And you call the thing facts on what? You will need a lot more to know is something a fact or not

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CNN aint reputable

Lol, dude you need to learn what facts means. No, someone  posting a information from a unknown source cannot be called a fact.
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CNN aint reputable

Lol, dude you need to learn what facts means. No, someone  posting a information from a unknown source cannot be called a fact.

Maybe something happened, maybe something didn't. Seemed like CNN was doing the 'storm in a teacup' thing a little

Also, it was UR that brought it up first, not me.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 136