Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 203541 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #615 on: February 10, 2015, 07:27:12 pm »

Collateral damage happens. Even if it's turned out that she's gone, it wouldn't surprise me if it's misinformation by IS regardless.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.
« Reply #616 on: February 10, 2015, 07:50:01 pm »

Well, dead is dead.  Pretty sure ISIS is more interested in ransoming her or executing her in a video.
What they say may be true or some grunt ended up killing her in an altercation or escape attempt.  And why lie about her death if she is still alive?  None of that gets them warfunds or 'credit'.

I guess I'm just cynical with the US trying to use her as a martyr...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 11, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »

... and even if she is dead, the fault lies with whoever took her as hostage, in any case.
This is a blank sig.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 13, 2015, 03:39:52 pm »

Relatively under the radar Yemen is becoming the new Iraq or Syria with the U.S backed government losing key control points to Houthi militants backed by Iran. The country is now torn in a battle between the Al qaeda and Iran backed Houthis in what looks like another proxy war in a regional power struggle between Syria/Iran/Hezbollah vs Turkey/Qatar/Muslim brotherhood vs Saudi arabia/Egypt/Al qaeda.

Houthis take over the american embassy and refuse allowing the fleeting marines to take their weapons

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 13, 2015, 04:41:29 pm »

The MidEast/Arab region just seems to be slowly descending into chaos isn't it? Parts of it anyway.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:43:18 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2015, 06:50:41 pm »

Throwing links without a summary of the content behind it is rude.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 22, 2015, 06:51:33 pm »

i think it may be about the uk

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2015, 05:04:34 am »

Three girls from what are most likely English Muslim families, living in London, ran off to the Middle East to join ISIS, according to the story.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2015, 09:04:28 am »

Breaking news, young people up and leave for ISIS cause propaganda....
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

My newspaper reports that in Palestine, Hamas has started to fight IS, which is trying hard  to get a foothold in Palestine now too.
I hope for them that they succeed, for if IS were to get a foothold in Palestine, I can't imagine Israel doing anything but going all out on it, and burn the whole of Palestine to the ground, with 100% public support internally. IS in Palestine would be regarded by the whole Israelian population as too big a threat for the existance of Israel to not go all out. They might even use nukes, if the weather conditions are favourable (like, wind not blowing the fallout over Israel).

In a few days older news, IS captured a northern province of Syria, and is now at the border of Turkey. Uncomfortably close to Europe.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:39:29 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The net flow of ISIS soldiers is still an outflow of Europe to Syria and Iraq. I doubt it'd get any worse for Europe barring an outright invasion into the Mediterranean.
In happier news, ever since the fighting began it's estimated 10,000 ISIS fighters have been killed since the start of the coalition assault. They are losing to attrition hard and fast, and would explain why they beefed up their propaganda campaign. They desperately need foreign fighters to replace their losses.
Caliph getting rekt

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

I dunno. I hear other voices say that, even though they lost 10000 men since the start of the coalition attacks (which have been ongoing for a year, longer if you take into account that Hezbollah and Iran started actively sending troops to fight IS even before America sent it's first coalition troops in June 2014), their recruitment plus conscription of occupied cities yields them a net gain in troops, despite the losses.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136