Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 203481 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's hope ISIS doesn't read the Daily Mail

I rather fear they do, what else would xenophobic religious fundamentalists opposed to foreigners read after all?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I rather fear they do, what else would xenophobic religious fundamentalists opposed to foreigners read after all?
They don't read, not even the Qur'an

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They don't read, not even the Qur'an

I can't tell if you missed the joke or not...

But yeah, ISIS in general isn't composed of people who're more than vaguely familiar with Islam. I remember an article that said most of the people moving from Europe to join them hadn't even read the Qur'an and weren't particularly involved with their local religious body.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Didn't miss no jokes m9 just making a serious point

Also, best chan Anons fighting the culture war by destroying ISIS's ISIS chan and making their own
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

That sounds insanely made-up, either by the Russian authorities or the Daily Mail

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

That sounds insanely made-up, either by the Russian authorities or the Daily Mail
That's true about pretty much everything Russian.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's true about pretty much everything Russian.

Also pretty much everything in the Daily Mail.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ISIS has gone full swing toward egypt, through its sub terror organization Ansar bait al-maqdis. last week alone they have assassinated a prosecutor and today killed at least 20 egyptian soldiers.

http://egyptianstreets.com/2015/07/01/30-soldiers-killed-in-egypts-north-sinai/
http://www.wsj.com/articles/egypts-top-prosecutor-dies-after-convoy-is-attacked-1435584617

They are also gaining considerable strength in Gaza.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-gaza-strip-jihadists-threaten-topple-islamist-hamas-rule-1508711

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

ISIS is not very careful about the enemies it makes, is it? The Egyptian military is a significant step up in capability from the threats it has faced on the ground in Iraq/Syria. Displacing Hamas could also place it directly in the firing line of the IDF, and we all know those fuckers do not mess around.
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's grow or die

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

to there attacking the Sinai not or at least a few small bombing attacks. i can guarantee if they ramp it up that they will never get past the Suez its simply to valuable and you can bet if they threaten that there will suddenly be a vary big interest from everyone to remove them from the area.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/01/419238444/militants-stage-series-of-deadly-attacks-in-egypts-sinai-peninsula

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

ISIS doesn't have great controls over its outshoot outside the Iraq/Syria area. They're mostly local jihadis groups that swore allegiance to al-Baghdadi.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but that's how the concept of ISIS works (Also true to Al-Qaeda) and why they are so effective.

Also, it had probably also provided funding and training to those jihadi groups, if not direct weapon supplies (although, the hamas military branch is the prime suspect for providing those weapons).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Sorta like how Boko Haram are technically ISIS now but they are by no means ISIS in the sense of a single cohesive organization; very much multiple organizations using one flag

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 136