Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 203448 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

The United States set a red line and it got crossed. Takes a few years, but you can certainly trust the United States to follow through on promises. Once we've tried everything else.

We don't even know if a red line got crossed. We don't even know what happened to release the poison gas.

Until we know what actually happened military intervention over the issue is just insane.

I think Strife is referencing the original gas attacks and the Obama's red line.

But after that The US, Russia and Syria agreed that Syria would destroy it's chemical weapons, which they actually did.

you have to understand, Assad is really one of the last powerful ba'athists left, and they're a special kind of crazy. I'd bet money they've got chemical weapons squirreled away somewhere.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

So apparently 4chan has some sort of weird alt-right prophecy shit about Assad and him being "Assad the Lion" or whatever?

https://translate.google.com/#ar/en/assad

They're literally calling him Lion the Lion, he's the Moon Moon of tyrants now?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey! If Belle is the Beauty... I don't see why Asad can't be the Lion :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

So apparently 4chan has some sort of weird alt-right prophecy shit about Assad and him being "Assad the Lion" or whatever?

https://translate.google.com/#ar/en/assad

They're literally calling him Lion the Lion, he's the Moon Moon of tyrants now?
Heard nothing of a prophecy, but there's loadsa memes

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

/sg/ is a strange place, but they've made a few actual accomplishments.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Weaponized autism doing God's work

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Antisocial != autistic. Whole different thing. What they claim to be and what they are are two different things.
They're both of those

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

They're a very heterogeneous group, I think the overlap would increase dramatically between the coding, anime, mlp and random boards, but decrease in certain others - the cooking people for example, seem well-adjusted enough in most aspects

*EDIT
Syrian Gov responding to the USA using Syria as target practice to send a message to North Korea
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:59:00 pm by Loud Whispers »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

The_Donald has been shit for a very long time. The mods purge people like it's Russia in the 1930's, so the only people left are the ones who thrive in an energetic environment devoid of discussion. Then they go to other places en masse thinking they're in good company and bring their shitty culture with them. This is isn't the internet politics thread though, so anyway:

Syrian Gov responding to the USA using Syria as target practice to send a message to North Korea

The purpose of the strike on the Syrian base was as retaliation for the supposed chemical attack in the Idlib governorate, and that's still what the US is saying about it. I'm not convinced the Syrian government carried out the attack, but it seems like they're just taking an offhand comment out of context and running with it, and being associated with Best Korea in the process if the last few paragraphs of that article are anything to go by.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Don't think there's much point in going to reddit at all, the way I see it the mods always purge everyone to such an extent that Stalin would find it offensive - one of the funniest things I've seen browsing the internet were redditors fleeing mods banning everyone to set up their own boards and voats, only to ban everyone who strayed from their new established accepted speech. The only thing I see that separates The_Donald from the usual reddit experience is they like role playing with Daddy Donald, which is enough indication for their worldviews being of a mercenary and material nature

The purpose of the strike on the Syrian base was as retaliation for the supposed chemical attack in the Idlib governorate, and that's still what the US is saying about it. I'm not convinced the Syrian government carried out the attack, but it seems like they're just taking an offhand comment out of context and running with it, and being associated with Best Korea in the process if the last few paragraphs of that article are anything to go by.
They're largely running off Vice President Pence's remarks that Best Korea should watch out as the USA has shown what it can do in Afghanistan and Syria - which it could do to Kim Jong's house

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Don't think there's much point in going to reddit at all, the way I see it the mods always purge everyone to such an extent that Stalin would find it offensive - one of the funniest things I've seen browsing the internet were redditors fleeing mods banning everyone to set up their own boards and voats, only to ban everyone who strayed from their new established accepted speech. The only thing I see that separates The_Donald from the usual reddit experience is they like role playing with Daddy Donald, which is enough indication for their worldviews being of a mercenary and material nature

They're largely running off Vice President Pence's remarks that Best Korea should watch out as the USA has shown what it can do in Afghanistan and Syria - which it could do to Kim Jong's house

You have to find the pearl in the pile of crap. As a scientist for exemple I love hanging in r/labrats

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Antisocial != autistic. Whole different thing. What they claim to be and what they are are two different things.
They're both of those

No they aren't, LW.....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

They're both of those
No they aren't, LW.....
Spend an hour on /r9k/ or /v/, you will quickly see the merit in this claim

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Three ISIS fighters mauled to death by wild pigs in Iraq
Rashers in al rashad, militant boring boars, haram hamalam bacon marauders, will the memes stop?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 136