Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 204159 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, there might be a bit of a long game here, see this.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting read. reminds me of the book "Wasp"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp_(novel)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:58:30 am by burningpet »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting read. reminds me of the book "Wasp"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp_(novel)
Interesting read.
Also, part of your link is missing.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason the board doesn't save the parentheses correctly.

I can't believe the Obama administration is downplaying the religion aspect that is behind ISIS, as if its not the same aspect that is behind hundreds of other, no better, terror organizations across the globe.

http://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2014/08/230772.htm
"Ugly, savage, inexplicable, nihilistic, and valueless evil. ISIL is the face of that evil, a threat to people who want to live in peace, and an ugly insult to the peaceful religion they violate every day with their barbarity."

"Peaceful religion" :D

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/state-dept-rejects-isils-claim-it-is-at-war-with-america/
"When a reporter said,"The reality is ISIS has announced it's in a war against America," adding, "Right or wrong that is what they are saying."
Harf replied, "Well they can say whatever they like. But what I am making clear that is not what ISIS represents and they don't represent any religion. "

No, i am pretty sure they represent a very specific religion in its most literal way.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The religion of violence?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

I'm surprised you guys are worried about kurdistan the kurds.  They were doing fine, then suddenly developed a bad limp.  Then the germans pledge to throw a bunch of weapons at kurdistan to prop them up.

They are just sandbagging like israel did during the Yom Kippur war in order to get fancy gear before whipping IS shit and securing their borders.

e: link added for those not familiar with the term, and citation added
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:03:43 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so, not america, but germany is going to make some actual moves

here's your "chipping in" i guess? to throw another line to a discussion had aeons ago

i'm actually fine with helping the kurds, even with a military deployment in the area, because hell this means two things

one we have independent kurds (a thing i don't really give a shit about, but it's better than the proposed alternatives)

two we have kurds that probably end up secular (fighting religious extremists does that to you most of the time)

three we have kurds that like europe (hella useful, can probably be used as heavy leverage on turkey)

four i can't count

there are probably more

They are just sandbagging

hardly matters, they're not going to get the levels of fancy shit iraq had because who sane would expect them to be able to use it without western training

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

four, we have a new ally in the area. Iraq as a whole had a lot of trouble policing its own territory , a friendly and independent kurdistan may be an useful thing to have.
(friendly specifically to europe)

By the way, Italy is sending weapons too.  I wonder if other european countries are, after EU gave the green light.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

France has spoken about offering arms to the Kurds too, and if some reports are to be believed, there are UK special forces (probably SAS/SBS) on the ground along with some US special forces, helping to co-ordinate air strikes.
This is a blank sig.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

four, we have a new ally in the area. Iraq as a whole had a lot of trouble policing its own territory , a friendly and independent kurdistan may be an useful thing to have.

Except, Turkey will likely never allow that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Except, Turkey will likely never allow that.

erdogan can jump into a chasm for all i care

give me back leatra

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agreed. Its time for the west to fully realize Turkey is a human rights stomping dictatorship that also funds terror organizations which was a very big reason for the early success of ISIS (By allowing them free passage for people and equipment through their country) and act upon accordingly .
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:49:19 am by burningpet »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Unfortunately Turkey is a NATO member and thus gets a free pass on any crimes against humanity.
._.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Unfortunately Turkey is a NATO member and thus gets a free pass on any crimes against humanity.
You don't need to be a NATO member to get free passes on crimes against humanity.

It helps though.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Even really radical Muslim leaders find the IS interpretation of Islam baffling for the most part, to suggest it's a literal version is absurd
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 136