Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼"Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Fortress☼ - Under new management!  (Read 61227 times)

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Thashumghoshakh, "Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Story Fortress☼
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2014, 12:39:55 am »

Toothed axe and battlepick. Great Axe is to tide you over. Much choppier than the one you were using.

Ok. That's fine. Just wanted to see where we were at.

Btw, it seems like our military has done quite well so far. Don't want to jinx us right before a siege, but we seem to be pretty strong. Could our size advantage be a major reason why?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:00 am »

Size plays a massive factor. Most Uruks (if I read right,) are about 1/3 larger than most humans on average, and even that much of a size advantage requires considerable dodger skill and/or agility to counter. Something the vast majority of enemy soldiers don't have. On the inverse, the Warchief's squad is all weaponmasters with extremely high dodge, fighting, etc.

If the humans had thought to bring some bowmen this would be a different matter, but as it stands this probably won't be a fair fight in any way, shape, or form once we get stuck in.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2014, 12:32:51 pm »

If the humans had thought to bring some bowmen this would be a different matter, but as it stands this probably won't be a fair fight in any way, shape, or form once we get stuck in.

Considering what we've been told of Orcish history, I'm totally okay with with this not being a fair fight. I'm sure our enemies would be more than willing to push the advantage if the tables were turned.

Let's kick ass.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2014, 12:44:07 pm »

Considering what we've been told of Orcish history, I'm totally okay with with this not being a fair fight. I'm sure our enemies would be more than willing to push the advantage if the tables were turned.

Let's kick ass.

Oh we did. We did very much. One tomahawk orc was injured pretty severely and Gorlshk wound up with some inconsequential injuries that needed stitches. Around four humans escaped, among them thier leader. We really need to get some proper sabers made, because as much as I love the macuahuitl, it just doesn't cut it (often literally) against anything more substantial than basic leather. I'll see what we have available for metals, and then get us all set up with some snazzy new sabers. Or better, if I can.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2014, 01:43:11 pm »

The battle was quick and brutal, and a greater challenge than the dwarves who tripped over themselves and the gnomes who could do no harm. Azgurruk the Tomahawker lay with several broken bones and additional holes in her body, the foolish common orc having rushed ahead without collecting her weapon first. Gorlshk was bound for the hospital with her, needing to have two inconsequential injuries stitched; a shallow cut to the leg and a deep puncture in his midsection. It was unknown if they'd scar, but it was unlikely, according to the medical shaman.

The wounded axe thrower however, would never be able to fight again. Not with a bow, and certainly not with a shield, once she was diagnosed.

It was also discovered what the cause of the lost masterworks was: Rot. Many bone arrows and crafts, left unattended in the miserable heat of the area in summer and early autumn, were quickly wearing away, much to the anger of their makers. Many jokingly said maybe they shouldn't put so much effort into bone items, and were struck with food as a result. Morbai demanded more bins be made to store it all as a result, and a proper archery range be built and more boworcs enlisted.

Trade was conducted not long after, with an additional mumak purchased along with an ample supply of crafting and war metals. The were impressed by how well the fledgling hold had weathered four assaults, and one of the caravaneers, noting the weapons much of the militia carried, suggested finding the most talented smith of their number, and building a damascene workshop for them. Surely blades of better quality would help strike fear in and hasten the deaths of their foes. It was agreed on, though it would be some time before they could get the materials to make said weapons.

Some days after the clanorcs left for other trade stops, enemies came for the hold again, this time a small pack of beak wolves intent on devouring orcish livestock. The Orange Plagues and Demonic Glens move swiftly, the rage of their kin filling them; for too long had they been forced to cower to these creatures and their superior numbers while they ravaged the aurochs herds in the south! This would be where it would finally end. No more would beak wolves be able to slay the livelihood of  the proud steppe ranchers!

And what a glorious slaughter it was! The fell beasts were torn asunder by the hate of the orcs, and fell as cave wheat to the scythe! In celebration, The Warchief raised his macuahuitl and declared its name to the world: Rakhakugdug, Ownlove in the words his enemies could understand. For his blade was his own love, his love of battle and love for his people!

As they returned victorious, carrying severed beak wolf heads as proof of an easily won victory, they saw the smoke of orcish heavy industry on the other side of the hold. They all smiled at the column of smoke: It would draw enemies from miles around, and it was proof to them, and to all, that Blackhold was now a true hold of permanence.

So, got a little baby update for ya guys, this one with two sieges! And no pictures sadly.

Amazingly enough against the humans, nobody (on our side,) was killed and only one  unimportant orc was injured severely, though Gorlshk had to get some stitches as well. Against the beak wolves it was an outright slaughter of laughable proportions. A dire wolf and saber cat were the only injuries, with the lamellar armor being just hard enough for the poor things to fail biting through (there was a ton of deflections/glances off of boots and greaves.) Bolugd named his sword, a blacksmoke foundry, damascene workshop, and molten pit were made, and the cause of many missing masterworks was discovered.

Now, on to what I'm sure you guys are really interested in, the kill tallies!

[VS HUMANS]
Spear Uruk Lat: 3 kills, gained title “The Slimy Whip of Forks.”
Sergeant Gorlshk: 3 kills, Gained title “The Heavenly Daub.” All his kills were bisection of unfortunate mercenary torsos.
Warchief Bolugd: 2 kills (including the  knight,) Earned title “The Outrageous Shove of Lust.”
Thrak: 1 kill.
Senshuken: 3 kills, gained title “The Barbarous Flare of Holds.”
Gradbul: No kills, caused extreme injury to multiple individuals.
Ranged orcs: No kills.

[VS BEAK WOLVES]
Lat: 2 kills
Thrak: 6 kills, earned title “The Cloudy Dourness”
Gorlshk: 3 kills
Bolugd: 3 kills
Senshuken: 1 kill
Gradbul: No kills (slow to arrive, unable to participate.)

Poor Gradbul still needs that new maul. The rock one weighs him down too much and generally sucks at causing any fatal harm on its own. ANyways, small update, hope you guys are pleased with our victories!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2014, 02:04:40 pm »

Does this mean my Orc is finally on his way to getting a Dragon Arms Kit and finally fighting?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2014, 02:11:05 pm »

Does this mean my Orc is finally on his way to getting a Dragon Arms Kit and finally fighting?

I'm gonna put together some sabers to tide you and your squad over until then, we need raw mithril to render down to powder and steel bars to make the katanas needed.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »

Gorlshk was bound for the hospital with her, needing to have two inconsequential injuries stitched; a shallow cut to the leg and a deep puncture in his midsection. It was unknown if they'd scar, but it was unlikely, according to the medical shaman.

I see. The wounds really must not have been that bad if I was out fighting against the beak wolves.

Now, on to what I'm sure you guys are really interested in, the kill tallies!

[VS HUMANS]
Sergeant Gorlshk: 3 kills, Gained title “The Heavenly Daub.” All his kills were bisection of unfortunate mercenary torsos.

[VS BEAK WOLVES]
Gorlshk: 3 kills

Speaking of, I'm happy to see that my Uruk is as badass as he should be. He is always at or near the top of the kills list. Not sure what to make of the title, though. The Heavenly what? Daub? What's a Daub? So I looked it up...

Spoiler: What the heck is daub? (click to show/hide)

Yep, I'm still not sure what to make of the title.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2014, 05:32:51 pm »

Yeah, they were fairly shallow, though he did end up puking up his lunch (bruised guts from the gut stab,) and the cut on his leg actually stopped bleeding about halfway through the fight (the gut wound stopped shortly after.) Still needed stiches, but since we have one hell of a suturer/wound dresser he was in and out in no time.

And going by the first one, he did certainly contribute to coating the area with blood.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:42 pm »

Barbarous

extremely brutal.
    "many early child-rearing practices were barbarous by modern standards"
    primitive and uncivilized.
    "a remote and barbarous country"
        (of language) coarse and unrefined.
        "avoiding barbarous sentences or ambiguities"

I like Senshuken's title. It's just plain and simply awesome.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2014, 07:22:26 am »

Could I be orked as a warrior please   :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2014, 09:55:13 am »

Could I be orked as a warrior please   :)

Sure thing, we got a whole list to pick from, though if you have a name (or just want to use your username,) I can just grab one and assign the name to'em.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2014, 11:23:57 am »

Could I have a BowOrk? Call him Gordak.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2014, 11:26:38 am »

Certainly. Welcome to Blackhold.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:28 pm »

I'll take a warrior as well.  Ranged if possible.  Fun read so far!

Torgun for the name.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:26:36 pm by bluescreen1988 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15