Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Orcs or Humans?

Our foes will bow to the strength of our clans (Orcs)
- 23 (54.8%)
Coin, muskets, and words can solve most of our problems of course. (Humans)
- 19 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GAUGE OF INTEREST: Orcs or Humans? VOTE CLOSED  (Read 2679 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: GAUGE OF INTEREST: Orcs or Humans?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 03:59:49 pm »

I am sure you only need to ask moseythepirate once, and he will agree. He has done several MDF storyforts, and seemed rather enthusiastic about the human release. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 04:17:53 pm »

Would certainly be handy. I have no problem with setting up the threads and maintaining them if I know I have someone to back me up on the update front.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 04:36:18 pm »

I am amazed how close the poll is btw. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 04:43:03 pm »

Well I pointed out that should I play either one, I will not show people how things work (and anyone who helps me by playing the other race I'd expect the same from.)  It's a story, not a tutorial. I'd also likely end up playing far more conservatively (and thus it can get boring faster,) as humans because humans aren't dwarves, orcs, or what have you. It's a major impact to morale if people (especially a whole bunch at once) die in their community, especially in smaller towns.

Plus it's actually reflecting the informal one I did: Humans gained a lead at first and then orcs caught up, which si surprising.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 04:49:52 pm »

So hard to decide...

On one hand, a no wall, surface Orc makes for a superb setting for stories, on the other, we have a new race with a lot of potential that relies on others to survive...
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 05:05:15 pm »

I'll wait for a couple more hours then begin. I need to nose into the raws to change some things for the greater badgermen and rename a weapon (I hate the term scimitar to an irrational extent because I keep hearing it pronounced two ways. Simpler to just call them sabers.)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 05:15:15 pm »

Simitar and skimitar.

If you say skimitar, I hate you.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 05:19:04 pm »

Simitar and skimitar.

If you say skimitar, I hate you.

Agreed on the last part.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 05:51:05 pm »

/ˈsɪmɪtɑː(ɹ)/

Shit. I have been pronouncing it wrong my entire life. Although I dont remember a single opportunity when I used the word in day to day conversation.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 06:15:38 pm »

It comes  up often enough in my occasional runescape binges (shut up, don't judge me,) that I found myself fighting back my urge to tell people to stop calling them "skimmys" because it just drives me mad. Very few things get under my skin like how to pronounce something I see semi-regularly.

Anyways, at 7:00 - 7:30 Eastern US time, I'll begin working on a thread. Whichever race loses and someone wants to play, I'll be happy to get a thread set up and organized for them too.

EDIT: Orcs win by a hilariously narrow votecount of 4. I am now beginning on the Orc Fort thread.
Pages: 1 [2]