Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Persona 5  (Read 3670 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Persona 5
« on: August 06, 2014, 08:35:53 pm »

To be released in December/Winter (early?) this year 2015 on PS3 and PS4.  And probably coming to Vita sometime I imagine, but that's not announced yet.

2014/9/1 - New teaser trailer!
2014/9/1 - Director posts a message on the Persona Channel

Dude is just thanking a lot of people a lot of times.

2015/2/4 - The Persona channel is having some "live" streaming events on NicoNico TV.  Kuma (Teddy) introduced them at 1pm in a short message that was pretty cute.  The "Main Programme" starts at 18:25 on Thurs 5th Japan time.  Then at around 9pm there is some mystery programme.  I have no idea, but I guess there might be a Persona 5 announcement coming.   :-\  The 2 minute Kuma pre-announcement was weird, but whatever they show will be better for having Kuma involved.
2015/2/6 - It was!  New promo video with in-game footage on the Persona 5 site.  There is a lot of info in there, most notably I guess was the use of real place names that puts the setting in Tokyo.  The style is very Cat's Eye, IMO, which is great because I love that.  Also some references to Persona 2??  (Trying to get into that game right now).  There's another message from Hashino where he talks about the themes being a mix of "Juvenile School" and "Picaresque Romance" (which also sounds awesome) and how the party members might have bad manners and find themselves in situations where they are being chased.  The graphics look stylized enough that a Vita port might be possible...??  No release date yet.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:00:05 pm by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 5
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »

Ooh, was wondering when they were going to announce the new Persona.  Wonder what the story's gonna be like this time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:54:19 am »

Ooh, was wondering when they were going to announce the new Persona.  Wonder what the story's gonna be like this time.

Well Persona series is now permanently a school series following the dual success of 3 and 4.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 05:14:47 am »

PS3? Meh. Sold mine a couple of months ago.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:44:40 am »

PTW
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 03:46:55 am »

New teaser trailer out, link in the OP.  Sets the atmosphere, and I think the red theme is working well.  I'm getting a kind of Akira vibe from it, big shit going down in metropolitan Tokyo.  Oh, forgot it also announces PS4 release... well that was kind of expected.  With this and MGS5 a PS4 is looking like a mandatory purchase.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:51:46 am by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:45:03 pm »

I guess I'll play this 15 years from now when someone finally hacks the PS4 or there's an emulator.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 03:08:26 pm »

I guess I'll play this 15 years from now when someone finally hacks the PS4 or there's an emulator.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 05:39:19 pm »

30 years, 15 years in PS3 emulator.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »

Well Persona series is now permanently a school series following the dual success of 3 and 4.
Buh. I hate those.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 12:53:08 pm »

Bump for release of new trailer.  Info in OP.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »

The overworld looks like it's shaping up to be even more fun than P4's. Hopefully they put a little more into the dungeons this time though, P4's dungeons were so goddamned repetitive that I still haven't finished that game.. The combat wasn't bad, but it was definitely the least exciting part of the game.

The Main Characters look like they're.. Superheroes? That could be interesting. And it looks like Teddy's making a return as a cat. Fountain of Expies?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:37:51 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 01:40:59 pm »

I guess this may be what makes me crack and get my first console in over 10 years. Probably the vita if it launches on that system, or the ps3 if not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 01:44:04 pm »

I didn't see anything about a Vita release, but surely P5 would come out for it eventually.

*scratches "Superheroes", replaces with VIGILANTES* Or maybe they're master criminals. :D

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 01:49:03 pm »

Look like magic thieves to me.  The whole opening where he smashes through the window and gets caught by the police with spotlights had such a strong vibe as an archetypal scene from the whole thief genre (magic or otherwise) that it almost made me want to quote Sinbad from KKJ.  The gang is talking over blueprints of a manor-type building in one scene, the cat-burglar outfit on twintails, and masquerade masks with fancy suits/longcoats all feel like they have that same vibe as well. 

Other random thoughts:
>Getting a bit of a Lisa Silverman vibe from twintails.  Can't quite put my finger on why, though.
>Other guy is pretty obviously the "bro" character.  Bit more excitable than usual, maybe.
>Kitty seems to be a Koromaru/Teddie character.  Also seems to have a default/"real world" form in an actual cat, as opposed to the cartoonish Teddie-style you see through most of the trailer; wonder if it's going to be a catalyzing agent to throw the story in motion (like Izanami in P4) or the like
>Dungeons look a lot more dynamic, if that's actual in-game and not just a "press-X-to-trigger-fancy-combo".  Jumping between chandeliers, dodging from hiding spot to hiding spot, that sort of thing. 
>Igor's not being retired.  New VA, continued recycling of the old VA's work, or shuffling the actual talking off to the new twins?
>Hint at the Apathy Syndrome/hanging murders "motivating factor" in this game with the train driver - no pupils or iris, wide-eyes.
>Weapon/Gun are distinct equip categories.  Going back to SMT-mainline basics for equipment?
>"Don't look at me like that".  Was there thematic text on the P3/4 menus? 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:56:53 pm by Culise »
Pages: [1] 2