Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark Fortresses? Need a quick help.  (Read 1698 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Dark Fortresses? Need a quick help.
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:58:49 am »

I've been having an issue since .40 where I can't designate more than one entity as having DARK_FORTRESS as their default site type. Is this new to .40? It crashes when I have more than one civ that has that as their default site type. I know this is the problem, because as soon as I set it to anything else (ergo, city) it places the civ with no issue.

Thanks for your time, modding crew!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Fortresses? Need a quick help.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:38:58 am »

Is it civ designated as "playable" by chance? I know for sure that you cannot make playable civs with dark fortresses, it crashes the game. If it's an issue with multiple dark fortress civs NONE of which are playable, please let me know.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:06:44 am »

Has your civ any noble positions with [CHAT_WORTHY]?  It appears to interfere with the demon-ruling system and crash the game.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:24:57 pm »

Is it civ designated as "playable" by chance? I know for sure that you cannot make playable civs with dark fortresses, it crashes the game. If it's an issue with multiple dark fortress civs NONE of which are playable, please let me know.

Nope, it isn't designated as either civ/indiv playable. Also, the goblins still work fine unmodified. :(

Has your civ any noble positions with [CHAT_WORTHY]?  It appears to interfere with the demon-ruling system and crash the game.

Someone else actually let me know to try that, so I removed [CHAT_WORTHY] from everyone but the leader. Didn't work. I'm trying to add in Dark Elves and Orcs, they work totally fine until I designate their default as dark_fortress.

On a side note, I actually added both civ + indiv playable to goblins as a test, and they didn't crash.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:25:14 pm »

on the topic of darkfortresses, they are incredibly long and boring to traverse it too me too long to reach an area then find out its a dead end. all i wanted to do was kill a green demon
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 05:32:14 pm »

:(

Has no one else had this issue? If that's the case, there must be something else wrong with my raws.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 09:10:33 pm »

I've got two civs in my mod thing that both use dark fortresses. I basically just copied the second one from the goblin entity and edited it from there. So that makes me think there must be something wrong with your raws, though I can't help with what.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:56:51 pm »

Someone else actually let me know to try that, so I removed [CHAT_WORTHY] from everyone but the leader. Didn't work. I'm trying to add in Dark Elves and Orcs, they work totally fine until I designate their default as dark_fortress.
Does this mean the leader still has CHAT_WORTHY? If so, try removing that. Or post the raws.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 11:58:02 am »

Does this mean the leader still has CHAT_WORTHY? If so, try removing that. Or post the raws.
My civ leaders have CHAT_WORTHY and they don't cause the dark fortress crash. So there should be another cause to it. Do you perhaps have SITE positions? That's something I don't have...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 05:39:35 pm »

My civ leaders have CHAT_WORTHY and they don't cause the dark fortress crash. So there should be another cause to it. Do you perhaps have SITE positions? That's something I don't have...

I do indeed!!! That one seems like it makes sense. I will try this when I get home from work tonight.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 04:41:04 am »

I have done some testing, and I have found a second cause for the dark fortress crash - having multiple civ-wide positions with [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]. SITE positions do not seem to have anything to do with the crash (beyond the CHAT_WORTHY crash).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 06:09:13 pm »

I have done some testing, and I have found a second cause for the dark fortress crash - having multiple civ-wide positions with [RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]. SITE positions do not seem to have anything to do with the crash (beyond the CHAT_WORTHY crash).

That's interesting. I'll double check.

Odd that it would only affect forts with Dark Fortresses as a default site.