Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should I handle initiative?

Post turn once all players post.
- 0 (0%)
Post turn when the player with first initiative posts, then second, third, etc.
- 5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron - OOC [5/5]: Monk(ey)  (Read 33587 times)

Ta_veren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5e] Mysteries of Chyron: Pregame/OOC [0/6]
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 06:57:55 pm »

I've made a half-avian rogue. Will do flaw and items later. Let me know what you think.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2014, 07:01:14 pm »

My WoT sense is tingling
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 07:13:21 pm »

Meet Aland Vartis. Still have to pick out the flaw and his background, but it will be done later tonight.

I'm unsure as to how much his armor affects his flight speed. Do I just cut it down to the speed of his armor?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2014, 07:35:27 pm »

Make sure you add your color symbol to your charsheet, as well as your flaw and trait.

Quote from: SRD
A creature with a fly speed can move through the air at the indicated speed if carrying no more than a light load. (Note that medium armor does not necessarily constitute a medium load.) All fly speeds include a parenthetical note indicating maneuverability, as follows:
Perfect: The creature can perform almost any aerial maneuver it wishes. It moves through the air as well as a human moves over smooth ground.
Good: The creature is very agile in the air (like a housefly or a hummingbird), but cannot change direction as readily as those with perfect maneuverability.
Average: The creature can fly as adroitly as a small bird.
Poor: The creature flies as well as a very large bird.
Clumsy: The creature can barely maneuver at all.
A creature that flies can make dive attacks. A dive attack works just like a charge, but the diving creature must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. It can make only claw or talon attacks, but these deal double damage. A creature can use the run action while flying, provided it flies in a straight line.

Yeah, I wouldn't wear any heavy armor if you want to fly. Higher ranks of the Skywrath Order wear mithral armor so that they can fly easier.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2014, 09:02:25 pm »

(Tawarochir)(Ranger) Ronnoc Legavere - Missing flaw
(Ta'veren)(Rouge) Faile Venqwyn - Missing description, personality, flaw, trait, symbol
(Silthuri)(Paladin) Aland Vartis - Missing flaw
(Nerjin)(Sorceress) Izalith - Good
(Harbingerjm)(Artificer) Merathul the Magnificent Missing description, personality, flaw, trait, symbol
(Rolegpeek)(Shugenja)Kaderesu Yamatsu - ditto
(Samarkand)(Fighter)Jadel Nyt - Incomplete

If some people are still reserved, then they should go ahead and make their sheet soon. I'd rather take in players that are new and haven't played before, rather than players that are on other games. If I missed something, go ahead and tell me. I'll also PM to you any lore that your character may know.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:50:42 pm by PrivateNomad »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2014, 09:03:47 pm »

But I don't want a flaw! :(

I'll take one if you insist.

EDIT: There. Flaw. And corresponding feat.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:15:03 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:49 pm »

A shame... I was about to make a Dual Bastard Sword wielding Masked wrestler type of person. A shame really... I'm not even sure you can do that in RAW but I've not seen anything stating otherwise. I guess I'll keep him as my little side project.

Edit: A shame because I was considering switching him out with Izalith. Still on the fence as to whether I'd want to.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:01 pm »

Change your character now if you want - NONE of those are actually in the game yet.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2014, 09:10:53 pm »

Hm...  No. For now I think I'll keep with Izalith. I'd prefer to go into this game with someone to seriously roleplay as opposed to a silly guy. He'll get his time to shine. Izalith was sitting around for a few weeks before this game showed up. DB will get his chance to shine eventually.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 09:14:08 pm »

These gods seem... problematic. First, a little more details on them would be nice. Second, there's really very little variety in choices; Neutral characters especially are pretty boned. Third, Domains?

A shame... I was about to make a Dual Bastard Sword wielding Masked wrestler type of person. A shame really... I'm not even sure you can do that in RAW but I've not seen anything stating otherwise. I guess I'll keep him as my little side project.

Edit: A shame because I was considering switching him out with Izalith. Still on the fence as to whether I'd want to.
Technically possible, but I would advise playing it in a game with more houserules, and probably a better Ability Score pointbuy; Two Handed Fighting is feat-intensive enough for little bonus as it is without needing to shell out for proficiencies, and melee classes tend to be hurt more by low pointbuy because MAD.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2014, 09:14:52 pm »

These gods seem... problematic. First, a little more details on them would be nice. Second, there's really very little variety in choices; Neutral characters especially are pretty boned. Third, Domains?
I'm still working on it.
What do you mean by domains?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:17:29 pm by PrivateNomad »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2014, 09:18:08 pm »

The Masked Whatever seems to be alright to me right now. I dunno. Maybe not the strongest guy but he doesn't really get screwed over so far as I can tell. As far as Level 1 fighters go he's probably my favorite that I've made.

[[I'm not submitting him to be accepted into the game. I was just showing what I have him like at this time for advice and stuff.]]

And by domains he means what domains do the gods grant? It's highly important to clerics y'know.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2014, 09:19:16 pm »

I'm still working on it.
What do you mean by domains?
Cleric stuff. Clerics get extra spells based on their god's domains, which are sort of like "spheres" in DF. For example, a necromancer god might have Evil, Death, and Destruction.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2014, 09:32:29 pm »

My sheet is now finished.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2014, 09:36:12 pm »

The Masked Whatever seems to be alright to me right now. I dunno. Maybe not the strongest guy but he doesn't really get screwed over so far as I can tell. As far as Level 1 fighters go he's probably my favorite that I've made.
That's probably because you haven't added the penalties for two weapon fighting right. You get two attacks per turn, each suffering from -4 to hit from TWF, so long as you stand in one place and Full Attack. In your case, you have +1/+1.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32