Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Pokémon Tabletop United: The Paratria League IC Thread, Chapter 1  (Read 9020 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Tabletop United: The Paratria League IC Thread, Chapter 1
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 04:08:18 pm »

Kira wringed her hands nervously and looked at the clock. It was a bother to be standing here right now. She addressed Kyle first."This b-ball... It's just something I borrowed from my dad. He wasn't using it... and he said I could have it. So that's that."

Then she addressed Jonathan. More dirty looks were involved. He made her uncomfortable.

"I- I didn't say a thing about being a pacifist! Stop twisting my words!" Kira says with an air of frustration. Even Rangers; who didn't normally carry a lot of Pokémon still relied on Pokémon when necessary. She paces. "What I mean is... You haven't even trained this one Pokémon you have already. I know I'm not much of a trainer myself... But shouldn't you focus on letting the Pokémon you do have... Well you know. You just said that your Ghastly isn't much of a battler... But you haven't actually battled anyone it seems! So... How do you know he's not much of a battler?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 04:10:41 pm »

Kyle shrugs and goes back to juggling.

Satori taps on his head causing him to stand up straight while she climbs down. She walks over to Kira and puts a hand on the girl's leg.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 04:21:32 pm »

Bjorn cuts in the argument.

"Jonathan, if you want to try a battle, then try against me. I'll go easy on you and you can get a taste of how different it is to battle a trainer then it is to battle a wild pokemon. I'm surprised Shub could even harm those Rattata. I don't think you could hurt Grond too much, so you can try out a real battle while we wait. I'd rather you have some more experience before we go. Kira, Kyle, I expect you to watch."

Bjorn challenges Jonathan to a firendly spar battle!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 04:25:48 pm »

Kira stared at the foreign Pokémon rather uneasily. She was familiar with Ghastly... Kira had actually been on the receiving end on a practical joke or two. She wasn't fond of them. She knew that Bjorn had an Aron. It really wasn't the kind of Pokémon to try to raise in the middle of a town, but it seemed friendly enough and he could tell that it adored Bjorn. Then she was familiar with most of the Pokémon in the area, as well as a few foreign Pokémon her dad told her about.

But... This was a new one. She leaned down took a close look at it. It was a little creepy but... It interested her. But before she could investigate too much, Bjorn had already challenged Jonathan. She turned to Bjorn and sighed shaking her head. "This ought to be interesting..." She muttered.
BIRDS.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 04:26:57 pm »

Then she addressed Jonathan. More dirty looks were involved. He made her uncomfortable.

"I- I didn't say a thing about being a pacifist! Stop twisting my words!" Kira says with an air of frustration. Even Rangers; who didn't normally carry a lot of Pokémon still relied on Pokémon when necessary. She paces. "What I mean is... You haven't even trained this one Pokémon you have already. I know I'm not much of a trainer myself... But shouldn't you focus on letting the Pokémon you do have... Well you know. You just said that your Ghastly isn't much of a battler... But you haven't actually battled anyone it seems! So... How do you know he's not much of a battler?"
"Fair enough. However, should Shub happen to fall in battle, I'd like to have another pokemon to rely on. Given that Ghosts, Gastly in particular, aren't exactly known for being able to take a lot of hits, I want to have a backup plan."
Bjorn cuts in the argument.

"Jonathan, if you want to try a battle, then try against me. I'll go easy on you and you can get a taste of how different it is to battle a trainer then it is to battle a wild pokemon. I'm surprised Shub could even harm those Rattata. I don't think you could hurt Grond too much, so you can try out a real battle while we wait. I'd rather you have some more experience before we go. Kira, Kyle, I expect you to watch."

Bjorn challenges Jonathan to a firendly spar battle!
"Good idea. Though, this scientific equipment looks expensive. Shall we do this outside?"

Jonathan accepts Bjorn's challenge!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:36:48 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 04:28:42 pm »

Kyle looks at the group with a neutral expression.
"I bet they couldn't win a fight by themselves if they tried..."

Satori hugs Kira's leg.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 04:39:21 pm »

Kira would have responded with a retort of some kind, but she was a tad alarmed at the Pokémon's sudden display of affection. It was very, very far from being any kind of wild Pokémon. She loosed one of her hands from the Pokeball patted it nervously on the side of the head.

"P-Pokémon aren't all about fighting you know." Kira spoke softly. Her voice lacked conviction, having sufficiently been distracted by the strange green capped Pokémon.
BIRDS.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 04:46:14 pm »

Kyle smirks and puts away his balls walking over to Kira. Despite his size and what he's wearing he seems to exude a feeling of friendliness.

Satori makes a small noise of contentment at the patting.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 04:50:56 pm »

"I agree. Let's get some distance between us and the Lab."

Grond and Bjorn lead Jonathan and Shub about 40ft from any nearby buildings and prepares for battle!

(Since Shub has a higher speed then 4, Shub gets the move on initiative)

Kira would have responded with a retort of some kind, but she was a tad alarmed at the Pokémon's sudden display of affection. It was very, very far from being any kind of wild Pokémon. She loosed one of her hands from the Pokeball patted it nervously on the side of the head.

"P-Pokémon aren't all about fighting you know." Kira spoke softly. Her voice lacked conviction, having sufficiently been distracted by the strange green capped Pokémon.

"No, they're not. I've only fought with Grond a total of four times against trainers, and most of them were teaching battles like this one. I know you're not fond of battling and the like, Kira, but it may happen where you will have to step in. Now, watch please.

Alright Jonathan, don't try to brutally maim Grond. In League matches, we give orders and are given time to react to the other's attacks. Since Shub is faster then Grond, Shub should be the first to attack. Try to act like its a real battle, but try not to heavily wound Grond. I'll let you know when its time to stop on either side."

(I need to make a quick change to my sheet, as I forgot Aron learns mud slap at level 4. I'll resend the sheet in a bit, but I don't think I'll be using it this battle anyway)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 05:00:40 pm »

Content noises alarmed Kira slightly, and she pulled her hand back a short distance. But it wasn't acting aggressively so she really shouldn't have been so worried.

"So... Uh... What kind of Pokémon is this?" She asked. "I don't think I've it around here before..."

Kira follows Grond and Bjorn outside, and just sort of watches the proceedings. They were far enough away from some buildings where she could let Birch out without him causing damage... But she thought better of the idea and recalled when it took her nearly an hour of her hunting around the woods trying to return him to his Pokeball. She was glad no one saw that incident...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:07:01 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 05:08:11 pm »

Kyle smiles at her as he follows with Satori.
"It's a Ralts, I named her Satori. And she's a cute little thing isn't she? Anyways, they live in temperate areas, normally warmer ones if I remember right. They're fairly rare to find in the wild but... yeah, I found her and took her in as she had some problems when I found her."
Kyle smiles at Satori and picks her up before nuzzling her against his cheek. The Ralts smiles at him as he hold her.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 05:30:12 pm »

Kira nodded and pursed her lips. "Mmhhmm... I see..."

It was nice to hear of another story about Pokémon getting helped by humans... But that didn't really help her. Despite her own efforts, Birch did not like Kira. At all. That much was evident at a glance. She may have helped him with his wing problem, but he was still very far away from wanting to be friends with Kira. Even now, the little Starly was pointedly glaring at her, then at Ralts and Jonathan, then back at her.

Birch wants to fight.
BIRDS.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 05:32:53 pm »

Jonathan, oblivious to Birch's desire for combat, focuses on the battle at hand.
"Shub! Lick him!"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:38:04 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »

Kyle nods back.

Satori climbs back up and sits on his head again humming a tune.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 05:38:36 pm »

Johnathan and Bjorn move a distance from the lab.

Shub the Gastly VS Grond the Aron

((Lo and behold! A link to the Black and White rival theme doth beckon!))

Alright; whichever one of you two is slower, declare your actions first.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13