Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Pokémon Tabletop United: The Paratria League IC Thread, Chapter 1  (Read 9009 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Tabletop United: The Paratria League IC Thread, Chapter 1
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2014, 04:43:07 pm »

"So professor, do you know what types of pokemon we'll be encountering on Route one?"

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2014, 04:46:37 pm »

"My question is 'why are you doing this for us'?"
Take a closer look at this text!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2014, 05:10:44 pm »

"So professor, do you know what types of pokemon we'll be encountering on Route one?"
Acacia leans against the table and thinks for a moment.

"Oh, usual Route One Pokémon, the kind that live best in the gentle fields and rolling hills of the area. Usual flying-types like Pidgey and Tailow, normal-types like Sentret and Zigzagoon, probably a few of the lesser grass-types such as Sunkern. You get the idea. Those are just what I've seen during my excursions down that way; who knows, you might find a rare Pokémon!"

"That reminds me. After Guala City, there's a fork in the road. Do you want to head west to Camachu, loop around, then head south before heading to the League, or do you want to head south and get those three gyms out of the way?"

"My question is 'why are you doing this for us'?"
"Kids these days don't see enough of the world. You five looked like you were in the prime of your lives, and I wanted you all to have a new experience. They say that people grow on a journey, and I feel that it was just the right time for you all to do the same."

He pauses for a moment, and adds,

"They also kind of expect professors to do this kind of thing every once in a while."

"...nobody I've ever done this for has completed the challenge, but who knows? Maybe you'll all be different!"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2014, 05:14:18 pm »

"Oh yeah, mister ghosty here wants to become champion doesn't he? Anyways, I think we should head south."

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2014, 05:18:09 pm »

"I think we should go west and take the time to get used to out Pokémon, but whatever works." Anette glances at the Pokéball holding her Treecko before adding "And maybe earn some money, too."
Take a closer look at this text!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2014, 05:25:49 pm »

"No, not really. I intend to research ghost-type pokemon should the chance present itself. I have no interest in the League, aside from perhaps using the money involved to fund the journey. Even then, one of you three will likely be able to challenge the League more effectively. Even if we did plan on heading to the League, we'd be crushed without gaining some experience and equipment first. I agree with Anette."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2014, 05:28:34 pm »

"...you do realize that there are gyms to the west, too, right?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2014, 05:44:57 pm »

At the sound of catching more Pokémon, Kira died a little inside. Catch more, catch more, catch more. Is that all they could really think about? She picked up Birch's ball and put away the Pokedex. Whatever. All these places are places she was fairly familiar with.

"I-... I guess I really don't care what we do either way. I suppose we could go take Route 1... Pay a visit to Guala City. But we don't have to leave Amatac today." Kira suggested. "We could spend some time down on the Darnma Plains as well. Try to... I don't know. What do trainers usually do?"
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2014, 06:04:41 pm »

"Train... play with their pokemon... fight gym leaders?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2014, 06:11:39 pm »

"I say we take on the three gyms and get a few others under our belt. I know I'm taking the league challenge, and it's going to be a rough and long journey there.

Something tells me that you're not used to being a trainer, Kira. I hope on this journey, you come to understand that battling is what some pokemon do in nature to play. Like what Grond and Shub were doing, it's not always a kill or be killed scenario, but rather two friendly competitors seeing which is stronger. Poochyena do that often enough, and maybe if we're quiet and lucky , we could see them do that.

Speaking of which, what are on the plains? I don't go very far from town except when Mom takes me to the other towns on her fearow. I don't think there is anything too dangerous, but it would be nice to know what's there."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2014, 06:15:44 pm »

Kyle starts juggling a combination of his rubber balls and his pokeballs as he listens.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2014, 06:18:44 pm »

"The plains, or, more accurately, marshes, contain large numbers of water-type Pokémon. In particular, there is known to be a massive population of Lotad and Mudkip. There are also many Pokémon that are found on Route 1."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2014, 06:23:54 pm »

Bjorn kind of recoils. Grond doesn't work well with water. Though it wouldn't hurt to check out, he would probably avoid the water... Especially since Grond and Bjorn can't swim
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2014, 06:36:19 pm »

Kyle looks at the professor.
"Mudkip?"
They may have heard he likes Mudkips.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2014, 07:09:35 pm »

Kira gives Bjorn a dirty look. "Do you think I'm stupid? I know that Pokémon battle. It's just that some trainers go way too far with this whole 'training' business. Pokémon shouldn't be spending all day cooped up in some kind of Pokeball, only released to satisfy their trainer's whim. They deserve to live free, and need to be respected in their own right."

She leaned against the table in exasperation. "I-it's not like we can't work with them if we aren't training them personally anyways. For instance... My dad is a Pokémon Ranger. During disasters, he's there to help Pokémon help themselves using a Capture Styler. After that, he's gone. The Pokémon can back to living normal lives. And vice-versa... If we need help, he'll seek out Pokémon that are willing to help solve a problem in town, such as a fire or a natural disaster." She takes a breath. "To me... That's an ideal relationship."

Kira shakes her head. Didn't someone say something about Mudkip? Yes. Mudkip. She turned to Kyle quickly.

"I think I may have seen a few of them out down there... They generally keep to themselves. But sometimes I have to wonder if something larger is down there. In the swamps."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:15:52 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13