Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Which baywatchers are drift compatible  (Read 17399 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Which baywatchers are drift compatible
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 10:28:57 am »

I'll take the left eye.
Because you can never have too many eyes.
Take a closer look at this text!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:30 am »

Lyeos confirmed for spider-man. Ware his webs and baleful collection of left-eyes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 10:33:51 am »

I'd prefer just one pilot, though. I understand having a navigator or gunner, but the two pilots thing is stupid.
Eh they gave a good enough reason for that I was able to handle that what I couldn't handle was shooting at them takes hours to work so we need to punch them to death but the killshot is always some sort of ranged attack anyway it's the sort of movie that works best if you don't think about it but it's also the kind of movie it's hard to avoid thinking about it
What?
Ahem:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:P

Im going to hang that on my wall to remind me to do so
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 10:34:54 am »

I'd prefer just one pilot, though. I understand having a navigator or gunner, but the two pilots thing is stupid.
Eh they gave a good enough reason for that I was able to handle that what I couldn't handle was shooting at them takes hours to work so we need to punch them to death but the killshot is always some sort of ranged attack anyway it's the sort of movie that works best if you don't think about it but it's also the kind of movie it's hard to avoid thinking about it
Uh the reason wasn't the efficiency so much as that that the ranged weapons lend to get the Kaiju's toxic blood over everything. Which is bad and therefore should be minimalized
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:43:10 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 10:50:39 am »

For me, the "pure iron, no alloys" thing broke my suspension of disbelief. That's not something to brag about, guy.
The common justification I've heard for that line is the concept that unalloyed iron has a neutralizing chemical reaction with Kaiju Blue, reducing the contamination in any involved fight.
Back on track: a Jaeger piloted by myself and either MSH or Barbarossa TSG.
This would be the obvious choice, but a direct neural link could wreak havoc with the time amnesia.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 11:08:39 am »

If the point is that pure iron neutralizes whatever poison is in Kaiju blood, then what you want is an iron coating. A thing as tall as a skyscraper, continuously running jumping and fighting, with a pure iron structure, would quickly become a bent wreck.
The reason we can make stuff bigger, lighter and better is that we started putting the entire periodic table* in our iron.

*not really

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2014, 11:33:26 am »

*walks in thread*
Hmm... The way this is going, this thread should probably be renamed the Pacific Rim discussion thread.
And I honestly have no idea, in regards to the title.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2014, 11:54:52 am »

Back on track: a Jaeger piloted by myself and either MSH or Barbarossa TSG.
I read the title and immediately considered myself and Max or RAM, so this probably checks out. Time to go punch some giant things, eh?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2014, 12:12:28 pm »

I'm honestly curious as to who you people think I'd work with.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2014, 12:14:34 pm »

I'm curious who I'd apparently be compatible with too. Would be good to know.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2014, 12:40:41 pm »

Shipping, the material properties of iron, and the correct pronunciation of the word jyaeger...

The only thing those topics will ever have in common is this thread...
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2014, 12:59:30 pm »

*EDIT
Fixed broken bb code
Uh the reason wasn't the efficiency so much as that that the ranged weapons lend to get the Kaiju's toxic blood over everything. Which is bad and therefore should be minimalized
Ha, we dump more than enough toxic shit in our ocean that the Kaiju would have to catch up! Hell, a single nuke was enough to wipe out their civilization, why the hell couldn't we just nuke the kaiju one at a time? We've alread detonated over 2000 nukes on this planet, a few hundred more in a remote region on the planet would be completely forgettable by human civilization.

Tl;dr space aliens, ur invasion a shit
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:05:06 pm by Loud Whispers »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2014, 01:07:47 pm »

Hell, a single nuke was enough to wipe out their civilization, why the hell couldn't we just nuke the kaiju one at a time?
The nuke didn't wipe them out, it just destroyed their rift generator.

Nuking the Kaiju was the initial strategy used, but the Kaiju were quite literally designed to take down human civilization, and as such even the Class I's took multiple nuclear strikes to kill (probably tactical rather than strategic, but still). This was also a problem in that the Kaiju beeline for population centers, meaning you had to nuke them too.

The pre-Jager period of the war was pretty grimdark if you look into it, since people were fleeing not only the giant monsters but their own government dropping nukes on them because they have no other choice. This is why the Jagers are such a symbol of hope, and why the Kaiju adapting to fight them as well is such a big deal.

I'm also curious as to whom others would think I could work with. I myself don't see any possibilities outside of MZ, as I'm sure you all know I'm extremely abrasive.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2014, 01:32:48 pm »

The nuke didn't wipe them out, it just destroyed their rift generator.
Then the victory was pointless and the Kaiju will be back for multiple franchise-spanning sequels.

EXACTLY AS KEIKAU

Even the Class I's took multiple nuclear strikes to kill (probably tactical rather than strategic, but still). This was also a problem in that the Kaiju beeline for population centers, meaning you had to nuke them too.
They all pop up from one rift in a fixed location humanity is all too aware of and can just keep subs, missiles and planes near at all times till the end of time until the alien hippies back in their home planet start complaining about the massive cost on their economy the war is having trying to conquer some backwards ape planet. If a category 5 Kaiju can be hurt by a giant iron sword, a nuke will do wonders.

The pre-Jager period of the war was pretty grimdark if you look into it, since people were fleeing not only the giant monsters but their own government dropping nukes on them because they have no other choice. This is why the Jagers are such a symbol of hope, and why the Kaiju adapting to fight them as well is such a big deal.
Nuke the oceans. Sacrifice the pacific cities if you have to, humanity has made direr sacrifices before.

Nuking the Kaiju was the initial strategy used, but the Kaiju were quite literally designed to take down human civilization
They should've just designed them to shitpost on the internet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2014, 01:41:40 pm »

Then the victory was pointless and the Kaiju will be back for multiple franchise-spanning sequels.

EXACTLY AS KEIKAU
Yeah, pretty much.
They all pop up from one rift in a fixed location humanity is all too aware of and can just keep subs, missiles and planes near at all times till the end of time until the alien hippies back in their home planet start complaining about the massive cost on their economy the war is having trying to conquer some backwards ape planet. If a category 5 Kaiju can be hurt by a giant iron sword, a nuke will do wonders.
Missiles and planes are going to be ineffective at best for something a mile underwater, and subs would resemble their other namesake for Kaiju. Bad weather tends to follow them, too.
They should've just designed them to shitpost on the internet.
Pls no bully.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16