Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has the "select individuals" option in the squad screen gone wacky?  (Read 557 times)

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Open the squads thingy with "s". I have 11 squads. I can select the squads by pressing a to j, and by scrolling down and pressing j for the 11th squad.

With the squad list scrolled all the way to the top, press "p" for select individuals. Press "a" for 1st squad, the squaddies' names come up. The keys a-j can select each one. This works for squads a-i with the squad list scrolled to the top.

However, pressing "j" doesn't select the 10th squad. Nothing seems to happen.

To select the 10th squad, I have to scroll down the squad list so that the 10th squad gets the letter "i" and the 11th squad is "j". Then the 10th squad can be selected with "i". However, the list of soldier names is scrolled and the squad captain can't be selected because he's not showing. And the list can't be scrolled. And the letters displayed aren't right either, the 2nd member of the squad is displayed in the list as letter "a", but to select him you have to press "b".

The squad captain can be selected by pressing "a" but it doesn't show on screen. And then after killing the terrifying barn owl, the captain went off duty, back to civilian, despite the squad having orders for 10 to train.

Also, I can't select the 11th squad to give individual orders to, because pressing "j" appears to do nothing when using "select individuals" on the main squad menu. Presumably I have to create a 12th squad if I want to be able to individually order members of the 11th squad, by scrolling the 11th squad up to "i" where it can be chosen.

Is this normal? Has anybody else noticed this strangeness?

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile