Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 36164 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 7
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2014, 02:35:30 pm »

He tells you that after this ritual, you initiates will have the mystic power you were promised, as the cult's pendants will finally be charged. The leading circle will be controlling a far greater power during the ritual that needs to be contained until the conclusion, or else everyone here might be destroyed. There will be an enchanted barrier around them as they perform the ritual, which should be able to stop any outside attack, though it won't stop people from stepping through it.

What if someone manages to get around the barrier and launches an attack at a critical point, destabilizing the ritual?  I want to know what we would have to be holding back.
"If that happens, there will be no holding it back. So we must not let that happen."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2014, 04:00:27 pm »

He tells you that after this ritual, you initiates will have the mystic power you were promised, as the cult's pendants will finally be charged. The leading circle will be controlling a far greater power during the ritual that needs to be contained until the conclusion, or else everyone here might be destroyed. There will be an enchanted barrier around them as they perform the ritual, which should be able to stop any outside attack, though it won't stop people from stepping through it.

What if someone manages to get around the barrier and launches an attack at a critical point, destabilizing the ritual?  I want to know what we would have to be holding back.
(You're thinking. Cults tend to discourage that.)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2014, 08:37:40 pm »

"If that happens, there will be no holding it back. So we must not let that happen."

"Understood."

Complete tasks assigned until ritual is about to start
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2014, 04:22:10 am »

Real hospital? Tetanus?  Man, this could be serious. I suppose I had better get to the hospital just in case. Run there though, as running seems like a really good idea for some reason, as does licking at my arm wound to make sure it is clean. Oh man I am so excited by a trip out, but oh no, it is to the hospital and that makes me scared.... man, I feel weird. All bouncy and emotional. What was in those shots? That lab has a lot to explain, if I ever get the chance to ask them.
This is a blank sig.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2014, 04:24:55 pm »

Need one more action for the turn.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2014, 07:55:57 pm »

Theodore looked apologetically at poor Bixby, ashamed that he'd ever considered doing such awful things to her.
Then he sits back, strokes his rugged jaw, and ponders his options.

>Think of any old criminal associates of mine who might be still in the game and willing to team up for some burgling.

>Do a quick online jobsearch, preferably kitchen jobs or anything I can use my past work experience in.
Getting a legitimate job seems like the easiest way to find a place, since I'd rather not just squat somewhere without electricity and what-not. Something I can reach easily from Pete's place would be nice, too.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 8
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2014, 01:25:51 am »

YEP, NEEDS MORE VOLUME

CHECK BRIEFCASE FIRST THOUGH

CONTENTS CERTAINLY IMPORTANT

(5)
You place the briefcase directly in front of the speakers and crank the volume all the way up, modulating the tone until the resonance pops it open. The briefcase contains $18,000 in cash and a human hand.

((I wonder if Dogman will now need to spend at least 12 or so hours a day asleep or die.))

Okay then! Set some of the girls on the task of stealing some low-octane gasoline, then obtain some type of thickening/gelling agent.
(1) Somehow, your girls manage to set the gas station on fire while stealing from it, resulting in a complete failure to steal any gas. (2) The gas station was also the local store, and all the starch you planned to steal was inside. You might have to scrounge it from the gang's kitchens.

Explore the sewers a bit, then head back to the entrance to meet the other dwarves.
(3) Come to think about it, you didn't specify which entrance to meet them at. There are rather a lot of ways down here. Only two of the dwarves meet you where you meant. They do have some of the supplies they sent you for, and tell you the others probably have the rest.

Wait for the Belgian to arrive

"Ma chère, have you heard ze radio? Zey think we are canadians. Canadians! Zese uncivilized curs cannot even wrap there heads around the fact that there exist places outside of their sad little continent. Honestly, ze nerve."

Meet up with the Belgian, talk a bit, then go stake out the first place she wishes to demolish. Just stake out, don't actually enter yet
(2) She says it is too early in the morning for destruction. She is needing for the pressed coffee to take effect first.

Ed smirks, inspecting his modified club. Not too much heavier, it seemed. To anyone but himself, it'd probably be just another bit of sports equipment.
Just the way he liked it. If no one knew its true power, no one would try and take it from him. That's the way these things worked, right?
At any rate, Ed made his way back home, for a nice rest. He'd just call in a sick day. Sure, he'd be sacrificing his all-important attendance record, but they'd probably take it anyways on account of some technicality. Like they always do.
(4) After that all-nighter, you call in a sick day for much-deserved rest. Sure it will cost you that perfect attendance record, but you'll be done with those parasites and their lousy employment soon anyway.

"Understood."

Complete tasks assigned until ritual is about to start
(6) You get to work with security, and it is because of your work securing the building -planting pieces of paper in door hinges, sticks barely balanced on tables- that you realized someone has just entered the building as the ritual was underway. This gives you enough time to see that the guard in front of you lies on the ground in a pool of blood, and to run to your supervisor shouting the alarm. He looks out the window just in time to see something and shouts into the PA "It's the League! The League is here!" before a dart lands in his neck.

Real hospital? Tetanus?  Man, this could be serious. I suppose I had better get to the hospital just in case. Run there though, as running seems like a really good idea for some reason, as does licking at my arm wound to make sure it is clean. Oh man I am so excited by a trip out, but oh no, it is to the hospital and that makes me scared.... man, I feel weird. All bouncy and emotional. What was in those shots? That lab has a lot to explain, if I ever get the chance to ask them.
(5) You run all the way to the hospital, feeling great. It seems much scarier than usual once you get there, with all these images of being poked and prodded for reasons you can't comprehend. Still, you force yourself inside and sit in the waiting room for about 40 minute licking your wounds before you are called. It looks like they were ready to bring people from the mental ward, but when you hand them the written referral from the clinic, they rush you to a doctor right away. They decide they'll need to do some blood work, first results should be within the hour. The doctor asks you questions about what you've been doing for the past week, particularly if you've been abroad or near the sewers or any disused buildings. During this time, you feel like you have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

Theodore looked apologetically at poor Bixby, ashamed that he'd ever considered doing such awful things to her.
Then he sits back, strokes his rugged jaw, and ponders his options.

>Think of any old criminal associates of mine who might be still in the game and willing to team up for some burgling.

>Do a quick online jobsearch, preferably kitchen jobs or anything I can use my past work experience in.
Getting a legitimate job seems like the easiest way to find a place, since I'd rather not just squat somewhere without electricity and what-not. Something I can reach easily from Pete's place would be nice, too.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
(Don't worry about it)
(5) Most of your other, less savory pals all over Gotham are still in fit state to operate, and wonder where you've been.

(1) With this job market, such nice service jobs are all full. You're going to have to get "creative" if you don't want to feel like a burden on Pete much longer.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2014, 03:27:39 am »

Oh man, I gotta pee so bad... go to the bathrooom to rid myself of this annoying urge, then try and wait as still as possible for the blood test results. If anyone shows up to take me away to the mental hospital, get out of there with maximum haste. As soon as I am done here, I am so going back to the lab to find out what was in those shots - maybe there is some compensation here I can obtain.
This is a blank sig.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2014, 03:36:25 am »

WALK TO INTERNET CAFE

FIRE UP TOR

POST "FOUND BRIEFCASE:  1X HUMAN HAND INSIDE, PLEASE CONTACT MIGHT BE IMPORTANT" ON GOTHAM CRAIGSLIST

WALK OUT, PURCHASE COFFEE

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2014, 04:12:46 am »

Scrounge from the kitchens! Get fuel from cars! Time to get creative!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2014, 10:25:55 am »

(What weaponry do I have?)

Get to where the ritual is taking place, immediately.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2014, 03:12:20 pm »

Get the items and move them back to my hideout. Go look for the rest of the dwarves.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2014, 03:30:11 pm »

(What weaponry do I have?)

(4) A handgun and a baseball bat.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2014, 07:54:40 am »

Ed, still groggy from his sleep, gets his little villainous outfit on, deciding to head out to a bank - not one that's close to his apartment, one that's a tad further away.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2014, 04:06:25 pm »

"very well, ma chère. We shall go...and get breakfast!"

Go and get some coffe and a croissant. Pay for the Belgian's meal and drink as well.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24