Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 36083 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 1
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:27 am »

You know what? Waitlist. Though put two blank slots between me and Remalle, for the next two to waitlist.

Villain Name: Greg, The Page of Doom
Gimmick: Homestuck references. Prophesying destruction. Not amounting to much until suddenly being very relevant (being "Behind the plot all along"). Having minion pawns divided into two factions that fight each other (eventually).
Short Bio: Greg read too much Homestuck. He read too much Fanfic for Homestuck. He played too many Homestuck Forum Games. He memorized each and every pixel on the Paradox Space website. And he looked too deep into that page where the cuddlehorrors introduce themselves, and went a bit mad. He believes that he is now playing the Game, and is in the "Land of Thugs and Bats" (LOTAB). He intends to build Gotham up to the Highest Gate now so that he can fight his Denzien, whom he believes to be some devil snake thing. In his broken mind, Batman is Jack. His mother, of course, is very worried about him, since a thirteen year old shouldn't be out on the streets of Gotham at night in tights and a codpiece.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2014, 12:32:36 am »

(Alright, but I'll warn you, I haven't read homestuck, and it's too late to start now.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2014, 12:37:37 am »

Get back in the van.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2014, 12:43:20 am »

(Alright, but I'll warn you, I haven't read homestuck, and it's too late to start now.)
(I feel like that'd just make it even more amusing.)
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2014, 12:48:10 am »

(Not a problem. It's my gimmick, after all, not something that happens on your end. As far as I know.)

(I feel like that'd just make it even more amusing.)
(Probably :P)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2014, 01:18:06 am »

PTW and I'll throw a character sheet up here to waitlist at some point tomorrow as well most likely...
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2014, 02:04:27 am »

Oh man, I hate medicating these fucking dogs. They are a mess, smell terrible and have learnt to hate any human who comes near them. Well, there is no reason to spend to long doing this, as the poor stupid things will likely only end up dead and dissected before long... I bet they never needed to work with such depressing dogs in a Wayne Industries lab.

Give the dogs their pills, but take little or no pride in this task - do the bare minimum to make sure each gets their dose in a hurried, slapdash manner.
This is a blank sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2014, 02:39:53 am »

"Heh heh," Theodore chuckles to himself as he strides along the street, shoving the gurney in front of him, "A good start."
Now, he just needed somewhere to keep this stuff, and the rest of the hoard of wealth he'd no-doubt amass as The Griller.

Check a local noticeboard for any cheap rooms for rent around Gotham. Do I have an internet-capable phone?
If not, try and think if I have any friends nearby, who wouldn't object to me dumping this crap at their place for a while.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2014, 02:56:28 am »

Very well! Now, with my loyal gang of schoolgirls, propose that we go intimidate the old man running the corner drugstore and get him to give us money and precursors to heroin, and beat the crap out of him and take whatever we want if he refuses (then threaten to kill him for real if he narcs on us). Have Tricia get the gun for the job.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2014, 07:15:52 am »

Begin moving my stuff to the large chamber.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2014, 08:07:57 am »

Open a new tab, and search for a group of disgruntled immigrants that live in gotham, like myself. Keep looking at the manifesto on the cuisine page for replies. Also search around to see if any of the forums have any meetups planned

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2014, 09:48:01 am »

Okay, sheet finished.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2014, 10:10:32 am »

Alright, here is my character sheet.

Spoiler: "Character Sheet" (click to show/hide)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2014, 12:01:01 pm »

PTW

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 2
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2014, 02:42:58 pm »

Maddox picks up the gun, but leaves the Ski Mask.  'Might as well look halfway ready to whoever is going to come by.  Can explain not wearing the mask as not wanting to tip anyone off.  Wonder what model this is?'

Maddox waits for whoever is coming by to give him instructions to show up.
(2) You wait for almost an hour with no sign of any contact or anyone showing up. That is, until a man with a golf club and a ski mask breaks in through the side door.

Eddie slipped on his mask, grumbling about damned lazy mechanics and 'union fatcats'.

He walked around the building, trying to find a side entrance. And if that side entrance happens to be locked, Ed's perfectly willing to break the thing down.
(6) The side door is indeed locked, but it has a glass pane which, though barred, is still a glass pane. You thrust your golf club between the bars and shatter the pane, then reach through and open the door. Surprisingly, there's no burglar alarm, but not until you enter do you notice the disheveled man with the handgun staring at you.

EXAMINE ELECTRONICS SKILL

HOPE IS AT LEAST MEDIOCRE

VENTURE CITYWARDS TO PARTAKE IN ACQUISITION OF ABANDONED ELECTRONIC WARES FOR CANNIBALIZING

(5) Your trade is DJ'ing and your hobby is electronic music. You know keyboard synthesizers, amps, speakers, stereos, and sound systems inside and out. And what with that and your dabbling with circuit bending for those sweet, sweet distortions, you can't help but know a bit about electronics in general as well.
(6) With a gig booked for this weekend, you don't have to spend your evening jobhunting, so you make your way to the city dump in hopes of finding some components. As luck would have it, you discover what looks like an entire discarded studio sound station--too bad you have no way to move it.

Get back in the van.
(4) Thinking better of storming off on foot, you get back in your van. Without a pedestrian and an unoccupied vehicle in the way, traffic clears in a matter of minutes and you make it to the other side of the bridge.

Oh man, I hate medicating these fucking dogs. They are a mess, smell terrible and have learnt to hate any human who comes near them. Well, there is no reason to spend to long doing this, as the poor stupid things will likely only end up dead and dissected before long... I bet they never needed to work with such depressing dogs in a Wayne Industries lab.

Give the dogs their pills, but take little or no pride in this task - do the bare minimum to make sure each gets their dose in a hurried, slapdash manner.
(6) You finish quite fast. Open, pill, slam shut. Open, pill, slam shut. In fact, your frenzied speed so confused the dogs that not only did none of them snap at you, but you managed to pill all of them before they realized what was going on. Unfortunately, in your haste, you left all the doors unlatched as you closed them. Which you realize only after you leave the room...

"Heh heh," Theodore chuckles to himself as he strides along the street, shoving the gurney in front of him, "A good start."
Now, he just needed somewhere to keep this stuff, and the rest of the hoard of wealth he'd no-doubt amass as The Griller.

Check a local noticeboard for any cheap rooms for rent around Gotham. Do I have an internet-capable phone?
If not, try and think if I have any friends nearby, who wouldn't object to me dumping this crap at their place for a while.
(4) You do have a friend nearby, Pete, who you haven't spoken to in a while but have always been on good terms with. When you call him up, he's sorry to hear about your day and invites you to stay with him and his wife for a while while you get back on your feet.

Very well! Now, with my loyal gang of schoolgirls, propose that we go intimidate the old man running the corner drugstore and get him to give us money and precursors to heroin, and beat the crap out of him and take whatever we want if he refuses (then threaten to kill him for real if he narcs on us). Have Tricia get the gun for the job.
(4) Being a drugstore owner in a terrible neighborhood, old man McCarrey keeps a loaded shotgun under the counter at all times and has his windows barred to the max. However, you come in, guns, bricks, baseball bats, and knives at the ready while he's restocking a shelf, unable to get to the counter. The register only had $50 for security reasons, but you do get the precursors you wanted and leave before he can recognize any of you.

Begin moving my stuff to the large chamber.
(5) With just a few trips, you've relocated all your meager possessions, all without dropping any of them or getting them wet. Now the real work begins...

Open a new tab, and search for a group of disgruntled immigrants that live in gotham, like myself. Keep looking at the manifesto on the cuisine page for replies. Also search around to see if any of the forums have any meetups planned
(4) You do find a group of unhappy Belgians, with grievances similar to yours, though they complain more about the government than the culture. (2) Still no response on that manifesto. Perhaps that forum is not so busy, or maybe these people need more time to digest these weighty words you have posted?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24