Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 35949 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 17
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2015, 02:19:35 pm »

I'd be fine with picking up where we left off. This is an above-average game concept at the very least.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2015, 02:38:20 pm »

Holy necro BatMan!

Yeah, I would be cool carrying this on. DogMan might have been my best/worst ever character creation.
This is a blank sig.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2015, 02:41:08 pm »

I am still interested in twitch man

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2015, 04:23:45 pm »

((I need another luck soak. This'll be good.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2015, 07:48:25 pm »

((Well, okay then. That's enough people to justify it. But I'm not ready to resume at the moment, unless you want things to go sloooow. I'll see about rolling up the turn that everyone has actions pending for by this weekend, then maybe I'll give it another week or two, or find a successor to GM it.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18
« Reply #335 on: March 10, 2015, 09:58:26 pm »

Did I say this weekend? Aw crap. Family stuff happened, finals happened, and I was 100% wiped out. Now I'm about 70% wiped out, so let's do this

Guess we're interested, yeah. Anybody in the gang got objections, maybe?
[5] You're not entirely sure how to take this, but many of your cohorts seem excited to get into the bigger leagues. You might be moving up in the world. Well, in a certain side of the world. As for the rest, they're probably just too young to understand.

Search for a clothing warehouse.

"The hero that patrols this city. Highly intelligent and master of several forms of combat allegedly. Legend has it he is invulnerable and has dodged an attack that had never before missed from a God of Destruction by the name of Darkseid."
[3] You find one door to a nearby warehouse left carelessly unlocked. Odds are there's something to wear in there, though it might take a bit of searching.

"IMMORTAL, YOU SAY?"

Shop the thrift stores and pawn shops for the aforementioned gadgets for $250.
(1) There seems to be another suspicious-looking type there buying the same things, the only ones in stock. Without intervention, that will leave you high and dry for villain tech today.
Well, I couldn't call myself much of a supervillain if I let some punk push me around like this, could I?
Take a look around for cameras or witnesses.  If the area is clear, grab a heavy object, try and get behind the other guy and knock him out.
[6] The pawn shop doesn't have much in the way of surveilance, it seems, just radio tags to prevent theft, so you follow him to a corner out of sight of the cashier and gonk him in the head with a nearby electric bass, the sound lost amongst the metal music on a nearby boombox. You see the guy's bleeding now, but that should go unnoticed for a while, right?

TOO MUCH EFFORT vOv

LEAVE THAT GUY ALONE, PRESENT THE CAPTURED ONES WITH JOINING ME, THE SLAMMER OR CONCRETE BOOTS

BE DRAMATIC AS FUCK WHILE AT IT

[6] Faced with dramatic death threats, the low-lifes you captured agree to whatever you say, though they might be to terrified to do much work right now.

Get back home, check out my loot and just kinda relax.
[3] Your pursuers, who you can only assume to be involved with another supervillain, give up, and through long, evasive backways, you reach your apartment and start counting the dough. Boy... this is gonna take a while to count. So many bills, many in large denominations. You probably ripped off 20 grand, easy. Hmm. You're not sure how much longer you'll be able to keep this apartment, once you quit your job and people start asking where the money's coming from.

Well, seeing as there is nothing nearby to exploit...

Form a small pack, and go find a suitable target to raid.
[5] Leaving most of the dogs there to guard the place, you set out with a few to scout around. It occurs to you that it would have been better to do some research first, but luckily you have a fancy internet phone for that. Now, you know you have enough supplies for at least 3 days back there, but pretty soon you're going to need more. Most low-key (and cruelly) you know you could easily start capturing stray cats in nearby neighborhoods. Less low-key (but still fairly low-key), the Gotham Meatpacking Co. warehouse isn't too far. Finally, you could always raid grocery stores or delicatessens.

Or perhaps you're looking for something else? Food seems to be on the brain but there might be other crucial supplies...

"So that's it? You will lay down and let zese bastards trample all over you? You are not men. You are not women. You are all a bunch of gutless, spineless girls! I offer you ze oppertunity to change this city for the better, and you would rather slink back to the shadows and grumble under your breath?! Pathetic!"

Try to stir them up one last time. If succesful, count how many people are willing to follow. If unsuccesful, leave while swearing loudly, then find the nearest hardware store.
[1] A large German man amongst them does not take kindly to your abuse, and he and a couple of buddies, tempers aflame, decide they ought to put an end to your "Scheiße!"

Villain Name: BoTanis!

Gimmick:Plant based warfare!

Real Name (optional):Culsise Wick

Short Description/Bio: Cursed with a Girl's name, Culsise fell into a spree of growing related crimes, after a long night, He awakes in his growing area, along with his faaaaaavorite plant, bred and born, flowers with varying degrees of lethality, and fruits of hallucinogenic properties. ((Do what you want for the plant))

First Action:
Wake up, whheres my pllaants, man.
(Isn't this a bit similar to Poison Ivy, though?)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2015, 11:37:11 pm »

Carefully open the door and see inventory.

'Depends on who you ask and how immortal is defined.  Those who would consider whoever is behind the mask to be invincible to be true might say the person is immortal.  Others would consider that, as the Bat showed up recently, the one behind the mask would be mortal.  Still others, me included, don't see it as if the person behind the mask is mortal or immortal, but instead consider how there have been imposters, which would make it into a concept that would be immortal.

There is one thing I can say for certainty.  One, there are those that would be even worse to be pitted against.  They tend to not come into this city unless a major threat shows up, such as Darkseid, so they aren't much of a worry.  In fact, I believe it is more often that the Bat leaves the city to assist them than any threat of that scale arriving here.  Granted, if the ritual had gone according to your plan, they might have come here to combat you.  Considering how at least two can go faster than light, the one that is only slightly slower than the other able to fly, can live without air, and rumored to be able to survive the collision of several stars exploding and recover from death, another is blessed with powers by a whole pantheon and goes up against their god of war regularly, another guarding most of the planet, yet another having the only limit to his power being how much willpower he has and able to pass it off to the second faster than light traveler who has insurmountable will, and they have access to a satellite in orbit from which they can potentially destroy an entire city with several other tools besides, I don't really forsee it having ended well.'
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2015, 11:59:02 pm »

((I dunno if most people on Earth would have knowledge of such things))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2015, 12:05:37 am »

((I dunno if most people on Earth would have knowledge of such things))

('Most' is the relevant word in that sentence.  Note that I didn't specify what his job was. (While there was a recent edit to my application, but that was due to when I had checked back, one of the lines implied because he was atheist he lost his job.))
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2015, 12:54:51 am »

Heh... I just pulled a Haruhara Haruko.  He... should be fine.  Just fine.
"Hope I didn't, uh, bug you.  Too much.  Er."
Put the bass back and put the body under a shelf or somewhere it won't immediately be seen, casually stroll out of the store with the gear without showing my face too much to people around.  Head home and start working on cool insect-themed gadgets, ill-defined in function yet always somehow including just what's needed to resolve a sticky situation.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2015, 02:16:16 am »

Well, accept the offer. Gotta move up in the world somehow.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2015, 03:33:27 am »

((Hmm. I wonder what do here...I have an idea, I guess.))

Use my supreme ventriloquist skills to have the shopkeep's own voice tell him that he should trust me and aid me in any way possible.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2015, 06:54:13 am »

"Hey, Miss Belgian, back me up here if it gets bad." He whispers to his companion before turning back to the crows. He points at the angry German man.

"Is zis what the people of the land of freedom have turned to?! Gutless cowards who stand by and do nothing as  FASCISTS try to silence anyone who doesn't what they like?! Come now, are you gutless pigs, or are you the brave men and women who have stood against the fascist opression once before? EAT BAGUETTE, KRAUT."

Fight the germans with my baguette of justice. Hope my little speech instills great patriotsm in the onlookers and makes them join the good fight

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 11, 2015, 11:06:45 pm »

(Question: if it came to it, would anyone be interested in taking over as GM? I don't know if I'll be able to go any faster than once-a-week on this)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 11, 2015, 11:08:58 pm »

(Question: if it came to it, would anyone be interested in taking over as GM? I don't know if I'll be able to go any faster than once-a-week on this)

(If you do NPC dialogue outside of turns, I don't mind, personally.  Better to have constant updates than erratic, in my opinion.)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24