Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 36102 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 8
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2014, 04:26:43 pm »

Need just one more.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2014, 08:52:28 pm »

Need just one more.

Might want to just run the turn if no one shows up for several days.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2014, 12:41:21 am »

Fine. Locate a library instead.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 9
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2014, 01:01:20 am »

Very well. It's a shame, though, people's supervillain careers are beginning to take off. Ninja'd by 8th action! :D

WALK TO INTERNET CAFE

FIRE UP TOR

POST "FOUND BRIEFCASE:  1X HUMAN HAND INSIDE, PLEASE CONTACT MIGHT BE IMPORTANT" ON GOTHAM CRAIGSLIST

WALK OUT, PURCHASE COFFEE

(2) You get no results, since whatever is going on here is probably too clandestine to be risked on Craigslist. (2) You get the coffee and leave, somewhat relieved that no one showed up, though you're a bit paranoid about it now. Perhaps it's time to put that $18-grand to use.

Oh man, I gotta pee so bad... go to the bathrooom to rid myself of this annoying urge, then try and wait as still as possible for the blood test results. If anyone shows up to take me away to the mental hospital, get out of there with maximum haste. As soon as I am done here, I am so going back to the lab to find out what was in those shots - maybe there is some compensation here I can obtain.
(4) You take frequent bathroom breaks as you wait, but as time goes by, you just get so anxious you start pacing around in circles. (5) The doctor looks very concerned as he arrives with the results. He's not sure how to tell you this... the blood they extracted from you contains indicators for dog blood. He begins questioning you about what you've been doing for the past week, but you just thank him for his time, grab a copy of the results, and run. You've got some questions of your own to ask...

Scrounge from the kitchens! Get fuel from cars! Time to get creative!
(4) With ruthless craftiness, you scrounge from every source available and assemble 3 molotov cocktails for every member of your gang.

Get to where the ritual is taking place, immediately.
Your fellow cultists are falling left and right to the black-clothed intruders. They move fast and kill silently. (4) Seeing as you have little chance against them with your frankly terrible fighting skills and basic weapons, you flee as fast as you can to the center of the warefouse. Hopefully what they said about protective spells is true, and you might have safety in numbers gathered together. Nigh miraculously, you reach the circle without encountering any hostiles.

What you see before you shatters your doubts about the cult's mystic claims. A vortex of fire swirls in the center, with multicolored lights shining and reflecting off of an invisible cylinder around the ritual. There's no way this is just pyrotechnics.

Get the items and move them back to my hideout. Go look for the rest of the dwarves.
(4) You tell your dwarves to carry stuff back while you retrieve the others. You find them worriedly hanging around the other entrances you've told them about, with more or less all the stuff you tasked them to get, and bring them back to the main chamber. At last, you think, we are ready to begin!

Ed, still groggy from his sleep, gets his little villainous outfit on, deciding to head out to a bank - not one that's close to his apartment, one that's a tad further away.
(2) Ugh... let's be honest here. As with work, you're going to need some coffee before you can do crime.

"very well, ma chère. We shall go...and get breakfast!"

Go and get some coffe and a croissant. Pay for the Belgian's meal and drink as well.
(6) Over the surprisingly good coffee, properly French-pressed, you talk. She tells you that, with these goals you share, and the vive with which you pursue them, she feels you two have much in common. So much...

Fine. Locate a library instead.
(6) 9AM. It's quiet at Gotham Public Library, a smattering of people sitting, reading. Suddenly, the double doors burst inwards. A man carrying some kind of barbell (or a metal staff, as he'd say) stands in the door, wearing slightly used training equipment and with a brown rope tied about his waist.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

Well now! Time to ambush these people! In the night, molotov BZ's place with my gang - move surreptitiously from all directions, synchronize the approach. We're gonna burn the place to the ground! Come armed and ready to shoot anyone who puts up a fight.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2014, 03:48:00 pm »

Theodore frowned as he studied the screen, sitting on the bed in Pete's guest room.
Looks like he'd have to call up some old "friends" and see if he could find an easy bit of work.

>Ask some of my more-capable associates (in code if over the phone, obviously) just what criminal enterprises they've got going on, and whether there's room for me to join in and get my beak wet. Also figure out if the fences I used to use are still doing business.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2014, 03:51:44 pm »

Dog blood? but.... but... how? Damnit.... I gotta get back to the lab as fast as I possibly can. Somehow I am going to need to gain access by any means at my disposal, and find someone in position of authority to yell at until they tell me what is going on.
This is a blank sig.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2014, 04:14:50 pm »

Approach vortex, when I arrive near the edge of the field, have my back to it so I can defend without having to watch my back.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2014, 04:26:03 pm »

"Do you have any manga here?"
Look suitably intimidating while asking this.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2014, 07:51:22 pm »

"Why, yes indeed, ma chère. We do have much in common! But let us not tarry, ze uncultured swine continue defiling with every passing second. Now, since I picked the target yesterday, It is only fair you get to decide today, oui?"

Let Ze Belgian decide our next target. Then go there and stake out the target

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2014, 01:19:01 pm »

Ed yawns, starting the calming little walk towards his favorite coffee shop. He loved that damned place, even if the baristas(if you call them anything else you get a stern talking to and a 50% 'lecture charge' added to the bill) were worryingly hipster-y.
But Ed could deal with that. These people - with their goofy little hats and scarves - were good people. Tore their way up from the masses of leaches with good hearts and a can-do attitude.
Not to mention that they make a downright lovely cappuccino.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2014, 01:21:47 pm »

ACQUIRE ILLICIT DRUGS ALSO HANDGUN

RECRUIT JUNKIES
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:25:00 pm by LordSlowpoke »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 10
« Reply #207 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:31 pm »

Well now! Time to ambush these people! In the night, molotov BZ's place with my gang - move surreptitiously from all directions, synchronize the approach. We're gonna burn the place to the ground! Come armed and ready to shoot anyone who puts up a fight.
(5) What with the ongoing manhunt and their tendency to stay out of this part of town except for the occasional raid, the police nevertheless felt the need to show their presence here, with their tape cordoning off the scene of burnt buildings and burnt bodies the following morning. But though they may not know what happened here or who was involved, all of the lower East Side knows now who BZ crossed--and what happened to him because of it.

Theodore frowned as he studied the screen, sitting on the bed in Pete's guest room.
Looks like he'd have to call up some old "friends" and see if he could find an easy bit of work.

>Ask some of my more-capable associates (in code if over the phone, obviously) just what criminal enterprises they've got going on, and whether there's room for me to join in and get my beak wet. Also figure out if the fences I used to use are still doing business.
(3) They've been casing some homes in the suburbs of Gotham and have a few potential robberies on the table, though they're not sure if you'd still be up for it after being out of the game so long. (5) You convince them otherwise, though, and that you're more up than ever, and soon get on the phone with Armando, the best fence you know.

Dog blood? but.... but... how? Damnit.... I gotta get back to the lab as fast as I possibly can. Somehow I am going to need to gain access by any means at my disposal, and find someone in position of authority to yell at until they tell me what is going on.
(2) It's locked up tight. It's a pretty strong door with good locks, and the windows at ground level are up high and barred. You're not sure who's there on the day shift, or if anyone even is, but you know your boss won't be there. You're not giving up that easily, though.

Approach vortex, when I arrive near the edge of the field, have my back to it so I can defend without having to watch my back.
(1) You and 5 other guards, only one person with any rank among them, back into the circle with the ritual performers and prepare to defend. A few darts bounce off the invisible shield, followed by ricocheting bullets. This doesn't stop the intruders for long, though. They charge the circle with swords drawn, passing the invisible threshold and cutting down your remaining commander instantly. (1) Your comrades meet similar fates when they try to resist, though the intruders seem more interested in pushing throw to those performing the rituals. You raise your bat to parry the foe in front of you but she slices right through it and stabs you through the stomach before shoving you aside and charging the chanters...

"Do you have any manga here?"
Look suitably intimidating while asking this.
(6) Your unflinching gaze and menacing monotone freeze the librarian in place, despite your ridiculous appearance. "Y-y-yes?" he squeaks.

"Why, yes indeed, ma chère. We do have much in common! But let us not tarry, ze uncultured swine continue defiling with every passing second. Now, since I picked the target yesterday, It is only fair you get to decide today, oui?"

Let Ze Belgian decide our next target. Then go there and stake out the target
(1) You find a "botique" passing off Californian backwash as Provance wine, but a police officer sees you staring angrily at the store and hands you a flier about Canadian tolerance and how America isn't really responsible for that one song.

Ed yawns, starting the calming little walk towards his favorite coffee shop. He loved that damned place, even if the baristas(if you call them anything else you get a stern talking to and a 50% 'lecture charge' added to the bill) were worryingly hipster-y.
But Ed could deal with that. These people - with their goofy little hats and scarves - were good people. Tore their way up from the masses of leaches with good hearts and a can-do attitude.
Not to mention that they make a downright lovely cappuccino.
(3) Sadly, you do accidentally let slip a "waiter" and incur their wrath, but as you sip your excellent coffee you suppose you can channel the negative feelings about the resulting lecture and surcharge into your crime spree.

ACQUIRE ILLICIT DRUGS ALSO HANDGUN

RECRUIT JUNKIES

(5) It's quite easy to acquire illicit drugs and recruit junkies when you have $18,000 in cash. And it was also easy to buy some cheap surround speakers and boost their volume to dangerous levels.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2014, 02:43:39 pm »

"I'll be taking it, then."
Take as much manga as I can carry anywhere, leave $5 on the librarian's desk on my way out.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 07, 2014, 04:14:21 pm »

Lay low for a while. Go to school. Hang out with friends. Live peacefully. Maybe join the school choir along with some of my other friends.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24