Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 36133 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 6
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2014, 04:54:24 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2014, 05:10:29 pm »

The masked man sighs. "Alright. I've already gotten the box out of the back. You just put it in the other vehicle in the alley there and get it back to base. I'll deal with this."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »

The masked man sighs. "Alright. I've already gotten the box out of the back. You just put it in the other vehicle in the alley there and get it back to base. I'll deal with this."

Follow orders.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2014, 06:28:36 am »

((Oi! What 'bout this?))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2014, 12:55:00 pm »

((Been busy with IRL stuff. I'll post an update later today.))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2014, 08:56:08 pm »

May my character turn Gotham into the one true place of equality?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 7
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2014, 02:36:38 am »

Again, I have delayed much too long, but here it is. I think we may be nearing the end of some people's origin stories.

"...Radio Free Gotham, your public station with the morning bulletin. We enter into the 3rd day of the manhunt for Dr. Johnathan Crane, otherwise known as the Scarecrow. When last spotted, the suspect was unarmed, but Police say that if you see him, presume him dangerous and report it immediately. Concentration of officers on locating the escaped supercriminal has led to lowered police response to crime reports in other parts of the city...

...a gourmet shop on the Upper West Side was trashed last night by a presumed Canadian couple. This is believed to be yet another response to that hit Grunge song's controversial lyrics, the third such violent incident in Gotham since the album's release. In response the Mayor has released a statement reassuring Canadians in Gotham that the city feels their pain..."

Mono...what? Probably some odd effect of the shots they gave me down at the lab. Ah, better to be safe than sorry. Find the location of, then go to the nearest free clinic
(6) Within an hour, you walk to the nearest free clinic, noticing that the world seems to be all blue, grey, and beige. Even this early in the morning, there's quite a few people waiting there already, and you have to fight a strange urge to tell everyone where you've been this morning and ask them what they're doing. At around 6AM, you finally get looked at.

The doctor says it sounds like you've got a sudden onset of severe dichromic color blindness, though he has no idea what could have caused it: it's a very unusual symptom without some kind of eye injury. Additionally, you seem to be running a temperature, despite your assurances that you don't feel feverish at all. He supposes that it could all be caused by severe infection or tetanus in the wounds on your arm, though you don't seem to be manifesting any other indicative symptoms of that. In the end he just refers you to a real hospital, since he's never seen anything like this.

'What else do I need...? Let's see, a book on fighting, a book on fighting with a staff, and... That's it.'
Also purchase the above. Then leave, get back in my van, and look for the nearest store that sells manga.
(3) They've only got one book on fighting at the store, and you doubt it has anything on staves, but you take it anyway for $3.
(1) There is one nearby, but it's right across the street, and it occurs to you it might not be a good idea to case a joint so close to where you've just been hanging out. The next nearest one that you know of is back across the damn bridge, though.

New plan! We, the gang, shall now make Molotov cocktails collectively, for that is what our plan requires.

Furthermore, have another girl, one of the younger ones, an unassuming sort backed up by a tougher one, go and do a little bit of recon in the wee hours of the night. This is a problem that needs solving.

(2) You're going to need to acquire some gasoline or other fuel first, since the only thing there is to steal at the school lab is some extremely dilute isopropyl alcohol.

(4) However, your recon is successful. Your youngest recruit, Cindy, finds the ground-floor apartment where BZ makes his base, and returns without incident. She tells you there's a doorman, almost certainly armed, and at least 5 people in there at all times. His larger crew, if he has one, doesn't seem to visit the building at all, so all-out you'd have a numbers advantage.

Lead the other dwarves out of the sewers, then send them off to the stores.
(4) You show them a single path to the surface, and send them off with some of your own money to get stuff. You know by the fearful look in their eyes that they will return, at least this once.

ACQUIRE ADDITIONAL RESTING

PROCEED TOWARDS DAY

(6) You wake up feeling like a new man. Why do you need a job? A family? You've got everything you want right here. Except, perhaps, more volume. Yes, definitely needs more volume. And people to listen. Listen or else.

Ed cackles as he rummages through the drawer, hunting for the tools and components needed to upgrade his club into a nice proper murdering implement.
(6) You're starting to wonder who you just robbed, and whether they'll be ticked off about it. Not only can you weaponize your club with the stuff in here, but there's some illegal military grade stuff in there alongside the power tools. You get to work right in the alleyway, since no one's around to watch, and by the time the sun begins to rise, you've got an amazing, yet deceptively innocuous-looking murder club.

"Tres bien! Let us retreat for now, our point has been made. I don't suppose you've got any friends, ma chère?"

Retreat for now. Count our booty and split 50/50 with the belgian. Ask her if she has any friends we can recruit and if she knows of other establishments such as the one we just destroyed.
(2) $500 each, c'est pas mal, but sadly the Belgian has made her other friends suspicious of her with her ranting. (6) As it happens, she has a long list of other places that she feels like destroying, now that you've given her a taste for it. You agree to meet up again in the morning

6AM rolls around, and you await her at what passes for a cafe in this country.

Follow orders.
(5) You get the chalk back to the warehouse, free of further mishaps. No one even seems to mind that you accidentally murdered the driver: perhaps they believe your excuse about the magazine. In any case, they'll never have a chance to investigate as your partner took the gun with him, presumably to dispose of along with the truck and body.

You're still feeling a little shaken about what happened, though, and the news you get does not help. With this box of special chalk, the leaders inform everyone that they now have everything they need to attempt a ritual tomorrow, and they'll need everyone working their hardest. Especially those on security detail, such as you. Fortunately, you feel a bit better after a few hours of sleep.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:29:46 pm by HugoLuman »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2014, 03:49:06 am »

YEP, NEEDS MORE VOLUME

CHECK BRIEFCASE FIRST THOUGH

CONTENTS CERTAINLY IMPORTANT

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2014, 06:14:11 am »

((I wonder if Dogman will now need to spend at least 12 or so hours a day asleep or die.))

Okay then! Set some of the girls on the task of stealing some low-octane gasoline, then obtain some type of thickening/gelling agent.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2014, 09:20:10 am »

Explore the sewers a bit, then head back to the entrance to meet the other dwarves.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2014, 09:37:20 am »

Go about duties.  Make sure to ask commander of my watch how bad the situation would get if someone attacked during the ritual.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2014, 01:40:25 pm »

Go about duties.  Make sure to ask commander of my watch how bad the situation would get if someone attacked during the ritual.

He tells you that after this ritual, you initiates will have the mystic power you were promised, as the cult's pendants will finally be charged. The leading circle will be controlling a far greater power during the ritual that needs to be contained until the conclusion, or else everyone here might be destroyed. There will be an enchanted barrier around them as they perform the ritual, which should be able to stop any outside attack, though it won't stop people from stepping through it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2014, 02:40:11 pm »

Wait for the Belgian to arrive

"Ma chère, have you heard ze radio? Zey think we are canadians. Canadians! Zese uncivilized curs cannot even wrap there heads around the fact that there exist places outside of their sad little continent. Honestly, ze nerve."

Meet up with the Belgian, talk a bit, then go stake out the first place she wishes to demolish. Just stake out, don't actually enter yet

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2014, 10:46:02 pm »

Ed smirks, inspecting his modified club. Not too much heavier, it seemed. To anyone but himself, it'd probably be just another bit of sports equipment.
Just the way he liked it. If no one knew its true power, no one would try and take it from him. That's the way these things worked, right?
At any rate, Ed made his way back home, for a nice rest. He'd just call in a sick day. Sure, he'd be sacrificing his all-important attendance record, but they'd probably take it anyways on account of some technicality. Like they always do.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2014, 11:30:23 am »

He tells you that after this ritual, you initiates will have the mystic power you were promised, as the cult's pendants will finally be charged. The leading circle will be controlling a far greater power during the ritual that needs to be contained until the conclusion, or else everyone here might be destroyed. There will be an enchanted barrier around them as they perform the ritual, which should be able to stop any outside attack, though it won't stop people from stepping through it.

What if someone manages to get around the barrier and launches an attack at a critical point, destabilizing the ritual?  I want to know what we would have to be holding back.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24