Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Dungeon Guild (TSG)  (Read 10952 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Guild (TSG)
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2014, 06:56:58 pm »

The second one. More specifically location of things. Eventually if we can modify it to locate her soul in the spirit plane all wen need to do is make a body and boom. God wife.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2014, 07:01:35 pm »

GM's Lexicon:

There is a Sight Rune that matches what you want. It allows the user to see things they are not meant to see, such as ghosts, spirits and gods. Caution: may lead to madness over prolonged use.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »

*still waiting excitedly/impatiently for the lexicon o the ideas that weren't deemed overpowered even if some were*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2014, 07:30:10 pm »

Try and link the Sight Rune with the Rune(s) for Hola-Baal to try and locate her soul.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2014, 07:49:50 pm »

*still waiting excitedly/impatiently for the lexicon o the ideas that weren't deemed overpowered even if some were*

Will write it (along with the turn) after I get back from the clinic.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2014, 05:14:07 am »

GM's Lexicon:

Warp Rune (changes a base element, fire, earth, water, air etc. into a pre-programmed item, such as bullets. Can be placed in arcrifles and machinery as well. Can be used as long as there are one of the four basic elements for it to be warped.)

Hardness Rune (increases the durability of an object, such as walls or swords. Lasts until the rune in the object is broken. Tip: hide the rune, it doesn't make itself more durable ((and don't try putting a rune on a rune)))

Repair Rune (similar wording to the warp rune, but it recreates the object to the original form the rune was first placed in. Still requires one of four elements.)

These were the runes I had closest to your requests, sorry. If you haven't gotten the memo, I have predetermined runes already. Nothing's stopping you guys from trying to make new ones though.

So, if there aren't any further actions, I'll wait for the obligatory speech.
Dying of laughter?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2014, 05:44:53 am »

"Hello to all you people working down here at this amazing guild of research and progress! And I feel there are many things I must share with you.

First up, we have been given a large supply of magic honey from the explorers at dungeon 23 that is apparently absolutely full of wasps and bees and shit, the dungeon, not the honey, so from now on, please refrain from touching or even looking at any amount of honey in any of the fridges, as they will be either a delicious sweet treat or a dangerous unknown from a land of death and apiphobia which is actually a real word, who would have known!

Basic testing and by basic testing I mean rub on that shit like your life depends on it with this substance is to be performed on slimes, summoned creatures, dead bodies and then humans, in that order, please, can't have a bee themed rendition of the fly hanging around here.

As well as this, right now I'm afraid using the resurrection rune on anyone's wife is out of the question, even not considering the moral implications of trapping someone's soul in their decaying husk it would just be horrible for the fame we have already built up.
*sounds of shuffling paper* what? Oh, that's what's being proposed? Oh, shiz, didn't know that.
*Ahem* however! I would like one soldier and one assistant to use the sight rune to try to see souls or ghosts or anything of the sort, but keep ah, keep a close eye on him, things haven't exactly been up to protocol round here.
As well as this, our RUNE GOD, once again, neener neener, shall be moved to the storage bay while the stock runes shall be moved to where our rune god once presided, man, I really should think of a name for him.

Oh, and all previous research projects should be worked on, double time."

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:55:34 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2014, 07:19:26 pm »

NOOOOOO, I SHALL NOT LET THIS GAME FALL, I JUST GOT IN GODDAMNIT I WANNA SEE MAGIC HONEY SLIMES.
Alan help.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2014, 07:48:35 pm »

NOOOOOO, I SHALL NOT LET THIS GAME FALL, I JUST GOT IN GODDAMNIT I WANNA SEE MAGIC HONEY SLIMES.

Hold on, I'm writing it. GM POWERS ACTIVATE.

PS. the rune god has a name. It's Dath.
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2014, 08:16:04 pm »

"Hello to all you people working down here at this amazing guild of research and progress! And I feel there are many things I must share with you.

First up, we have been given a large supply of magic honey from the explorers at dungeon 23 that is apparently absolutely full of wasps and bees and shit, the dungeon, not the honey, so from now on, please refrain from touching or even looking at any amount of honey in any of the fridges, as they will be either a delicious sweet treat or a dangerous unknown from a land of death and apiphobia which is actually a real word, who would have known!

Basic testing and by basic testing I mean rub on that shit like your life depends on it with this substance is to be performed on slimes, summoned creatures, dead bodies and then humans, in that order, please, can't have a bee themed rendition of the fly hanging around here.

As well as this, right now I'm afraid using the resurrection rune on anyone's wife is out of the question, even not considering the moral implications of trapping someone's soul in their decaying husk it would just be horrible for the fame we have already built up.
*sounds of shuffling paper* what? Oh, that's what's being proposed? Oh, shiz, didn't know that.
*Ahem* however! I would like one soldier and one assistant to use the sight rune to try to see souls or ghosts or anything of the sort, but keep ah, keep a close eye on him, things haven't exactly been up to protocol round here.
As well as this, our RUNE GOD, once again, neener neener, shall be moved to the storage bay while the stock runes shall be moved to where our rune god once presided, man.

Oh, and all previous research projects should be worked on, double time."

Fix and +1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »

September, Year 1

Spoiler: Speech (click to show/hide)

You assign a team to test the honey on various test subjects, starting with slimes. They take a dab of the honey and inject it into a domestic blue slime. It dies slowly. Next are the summoned creatures. Since they have no bloodstream they just rub the honey on the runic boar. The boar becomes much more active than it was before. They move on to the dead bodies. Fortunately one of the scientists pledged his body to science before he died at the hands of Dath, so they used him. His decayed corpse almost instantly regenerates itself, returning to a perfect healthy body, heart beating and blood flowing, but his soul is long gone. He can never come back. Lastly they try it on live humans. After injecting it to one of their assistants, she displayed clearer thought processing and increased metabolism. It wears off in a matter of minutes, followed by vomiting and hemorrhaging. She is sent to the cleric's monastery to heal for a while.

To find Hola's soul, you link the sight rune with Hola's runic name. One of the scientist grips the rune tightly, seeing into the other realm. His eyes start moving rapidly, his mouth twitching. He throws the rune away, gasping. He's found her nearby, drawn to Dath's soul. Dath is very pleased at this news, as well as his new home in the storage bay. You can hear him humming some horrifying song sometimes, but maybe that's just how they show they're happy.

Two teams are assigned to bringing Hola back to this world. One team takes samples from Dath, taking his skin and blood. Strangely, he isn't made of matter as we know it. They have an idea; they take bone samples, tissue samples, blood samples and other strange things biology wouldn't allow. He doesn't feel any pain while doing so. They then pile the samples and pour some of the honey over it. The body parts start moving and forming a body. The body is similar to Dath's, but it looks weaker and smaller. Like the corpse from before, it doesn't have a soul and it isn't alive, but the body soon starts to decompose. In desperation one of the scientists lobs a stasis rune to keep it from melting away.

The second team is researching on how to get a specific result from the chaos rune. Dath says that the chaos rune is completely chaotic, and no amount of influence before it's use can get it to make a specific result. "My creation was a pure accident. I was wasting away in the ethereal plane, unaware of my own existence, until I opened my eyes and found myself alive." The only way to know what happens is to let it happen, but they wait for your order before they do anything.

The size runes are going well. They have made further progress and sped up the time they originally needed, reducing it by a month. The haste runes had an accident, and the files were burnt by accident. That set them back two months. The teleportation rune team had some obstacles they hadn't foreseen, and they recalculate their finish time to another month.

Spoiler: 23rd Floor News (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workforce (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Funding/Fame (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:05 pm »

Maybe send a note to the clear guilds that the phoney is steroids with VERY bad side effects? Caution them that it should be a absolute LAST DITCH PLAN scenario if they plan to use it.

Also hold off on finding his wife. Instead let's make a soul extracting rune to get her. After we're done with everything else of course.

Also, see why we needed better enchantment runes? There armor could be doing its job if we made good enchantment runes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2014, 09:05:44 pm »

Maybe send a note to the clear guilds that the phoney is steroids with VERY bad side effects? Caution them that it should be a absolute LAST DITCH PLAN scenario if they plan to use it.

Also hold off on finding his wife. Instead let's make a soul extracting rune to get her. After we're done with everything else of course.

Also, see why we needed better enchantment runes? There armor could be doing its job if we made good enchantment runes.
But it shows amazing regeneration abilities if applied to the body, so it probably means some sort of healing balm, of course, it's something that's shown its dangerous so overdose would probably have some adverse affects.

Perhaps if we could create a soul trap rune...
Alan help.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2014, 09:26:58 pm »

(yay! And yea, even feasibility-checking of non-preexisting runes needing a roll and thus to occur in-turn seems fair.)

> Try mixing the honey with lamp oil, and burn it with a think wick that' usualy give to little light...

> Make a metal capsule that'll gradually release the honey over a few days in small doses, put it in a zombie.

> Does it look like large quantities of this honey will keep being available at reasonable prices for the foreseeable future? try making a "generator rune" to convert it into energy for empowering other runes.

> Try contacting Daths wife with a telepathy rune, then just give that to him. Long-distance relationship is better than nothing!

> Make a sword handle, which instead of a blade has a metal thread as thin as the finest silk. Put a Hardness rune on it while it's hanging upside down. Hopefully, get a cutting line, near invisible, and sharper than any blade. May need a lot of custom tweaking of the hardness rune and/opr combination with stasis rune to work right.

> Lets design a crossbow around what we have. Start with standard steel crossbow design. Hardness rune means some structural stuff can be removed, making it lighter. Repair rune on the *wound up/loaded* state hopefully making it auto reloading, but even if not self repair means we can cut corners on structural material normally needed for it not to break. Warp rune for reloading with bolts of fire obviously. Providing the flame is a small container of kerosene with a wick, which thanks to the rune of holding holds actually quite a lot, this look sort of like the pilot flame on a flamethrower to give you an idea.

> Start developing Animation Runes! We already have the summoning rune, which makes runic animals which presumably don't work entirely using biological muscles, and the resurrection rune, which can make corpses move even if the muscles have rotted away, and both of these seem to be controlled by the intentions of the owner in similar ways. Should be possible to reverse engineer the mechanism these share, and manually apply it to arbitrary objects!

> Transferring souls must be done! Add this task to the team already working on mind control, since it seems quite similar.

> Runic traps! This is an entirely new project, but would it be feasible to link a sight rune to for example a destruction rune, so it goes of when it sees something specific? Preferably, this should be modular, si it can triger any rune and do different conditions and maybe even basic programing like tasks like boolean operators in rune form.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2014, 09:34:58 pm »

(yay! And yea, even feasibility-checking of non-preexisting runes needing a roll and thus to occur in-turn seems fair.)

> Try mixing the honey with lamp oil, and burn it with a think wick that' usualy give to little light...

> Make a metal capsule that'll gradually release the honey over a few days in small doses, put it in a zombie.

> Does it look like large quantities of this honey will keep being available at reasonable prices for the foreseeable future? try making a "generator rune" to convert it into energy for empowering other runes.

> Try contacting Daths wife with a telepathy rune, then just give that to him. Long-distance relationship is better than nothing!

> Make a sword handle, which instead of a blade has a metal thread as thin as the finest silk. Put a Hardness rune on it while it's hanging upside down. Hopefully, get a cutting line, near invisible, and sharper than any blade. May need a lot of custom tweaking of the hardness rune and/opr combination with stasis rune to work right.

> Lets design a crossbow around what we have. Start with standard steel crossbow design. Hardness rune means some structural stuff can be removed, making it lighter. Repair rune on the *wound up/loaded* state hopefully making it auto reloading, but even if not self repair means we can cut corners on structural material normally needed for it not to break. Warp rune for reloading with bolts of fire obviously. Providing the flame is a small container of kerosene with a wick, which thanks to the rune of holding holds actually quite a lot, this look sort of like the pilot flame on a flamethrower to give you an idea.

> Start developing Animation Runes! We already have the summoning rune, which makes runic animals which presumably don't work entirely using biological muscles, and the resurrection rune, which can make corpses move even if the muscles have rotted away, and both of these seem to be controlled by the intentions of the owner in similar ways. Should be possible to reverse engineer the mechanism these share, and manually apply it to arbitrary objects!

> Transferring souls must be done! Add this task to the team already working on mind control, since it seems quite similar.

> Runic traps! This is an entirely new project, but would it be feasible to link a sight rune to for example a destruction rune, so it goes of when it sees something specific? Preferably, this should be modular, si it can triger any rune and do different conditions and maybe even basic programing like tasks like boolean operators in rune form.

+1 an get 5 more scientists and 50 more assistants.

We need the extra manpower/ researching capacity.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12