Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Dungeon Guild (TSG)  (Read 10994 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Guild (TSG)
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2014, 08:32:04 pm »

Try to use current rune knowledge to create a subset of the resurrection rune capable of true resurrection. The Righteous Flame would be back on it's feet and we would have to deal with much more minimal safety precautions. Three scientists. Then work on a major cash cow: Magi-limbs. If we can make runes that when written on a amputated stump will produce a phantom arm than we could make millions.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »

Ye GM's Lexicon of Light and Darkness™:

Rune of Holding (A bag or chest or any other storage item etched with a rune of holding can have a near infinite space, but it may not contain other runes or magic items.)

Teleport Runes (They are twin runes in the lexicon. Only allows you to teleport to another teleport rune previously placed somewhere.)

Speed Rune (Speeds the user to twice their normal speed and increase stamina. Works for five minutes before automatically breaking.)

There are no dark fire runes, but there are Runes of Shadow and Runes of Flame.

Runes of Flame (Engulfs an area in inextinguishable fire for 30 seconds. Caution: hot!)

Runes of Shadow (Shrouds an area in impenetrable darkness that lasts until the rune is broken. The rune must be placed in the area and activated, like any other rune that requires activation, by touching its center.)

Summoning Runes (Summons a random runic creature, such as rune bear or rune wolf. Only obeys the summoner until the rune is broken. Then the rune beast becomes feral and attacks anything around it. Cannot be banished without a banishing rune.)

There is no suicide rune.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2014, 08:36:08 pm »

Rune of Message?

Shrinking?

Expanding?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2014, 08:40:42 pm »

Blood Rune: Targets bleeds profusely. Does not work on golems or other monsters that have no blood or liquid equivalents.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2014, 08:42:58 pm »

This isn't a suggestion thing. He has a list and we need to check if things are on there.

Also that still doesn't make sense.

On another note, Timer runes? Voice activated activator runes?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »

Runes of Flame (because fire is always an option in combat).

A Shadow Rune because you never know when our clear guilds need to turtle up in a bubble of darkness.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2014, 08:50:28 pm »

We need eleven tongues to speak runic? Hire eleven bards.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2014, 09:07:22 pm »

Ye GM's Lexicon of Light and Darkness™:

Rune of Message?

Shrinking?

Expanding?

The telepathy rune can do that, now that you know how to use it. (Two telepathy runes can communicate with each other telepathically)

Alteration Rune (Can make an object smaller, larger, harder, softer, solid, liquid, etc. Cannot change matter into energy, vice versa. Cannot change the mass of an object without adding or reducing mass to it first.)

What do you mean by timer runes? Like you set a time and when it reaches it something happens?

There are no voice-activated runes or blood runes, but you can set teams to design runes that you want.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2014, 09:09:53 pm »

How fast do the size effects take place? Instantly? Near instantly?

And we neeeeeeds voice activated runes.

I have an idea.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2014, 09:16:03 pm »

Set one team to create blood runes. Buy them some lab rats for testing purposes and forbid them to be uses on assistants or live humans. Also make it that the rune user can control a creature physically with this rune. Or they can simply kill the creature. Rune breaks after time runs out or the creature being controlled is killed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2014, 09:17:02 pm »

'm gonna veto that one.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2014, 10:01:41 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2014, 10:09:37 pm »

There are more important projects to be done.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »

There are more important projects to be done.

Vague. Sounds like your trying to shut me down. Feeling hurt.

Also why isn't blood bending "important" enough? Clearly if we could make it work that way then the clear guilds would have a powerful new tool.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2014, 10:19:31 pm »

Nah, I just want to build kickass rail cannons using objects of at-will variable sizes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12