Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Dungeon Guild (TSG)  (Read 10999 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Guild (TSG)
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2014, 08:30:56 pm »

Well, I didn't play Portal but I searched up the picture. Now I can't imagine Dan Smithson to look like anyone else XD
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2014, 08:33:39 pm »

You really should play portal 2. It would explain so much of what I'm trying to attempt here.

In any case: Watch these.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2014, 08:37:43 pm »

Apply three of the scientists to trying to figure out how to get peeps instead of zombles. The other two go to making the telepathy rune also act as a universal translator.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2014, 11:18:33 pm »

Apply three of the scientists to trying to figure out how to get peeps instead of zombles. The other two go to making the telepathy rune also act as a universal translator.

+1

Come on guys we've all done a lot of work here helping the other guilds. We need to continue on and finish what we have so we can go figure out more helpful runes. Oh an please someone make another PR push about our work! We We sell runes not prunes damming.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2014, 09:58:12 am »

"OK we need a xenophsycologist down here ASAP! First point of order; teach the concept of 'taboo'."

> Swap so no of the *same* scientists are working on the zombies, and forbid the use of the telepathy run on them. Then try again with constructing horrors.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:00:28 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2014, 06:17:35 pm »

I'll let you guys make a speech before I write up the turn.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2014, 06:45:42 pm »

"So here's the new plan, we're going to be swapping a few of you around a bit because of various emotional trauma. Pansies. Anyway, we're going to keep trying to talk to this thing, see if we can't shove some ethics in it's nightmarish head. Someone get some guys to get the bodies out of there too, maybe clean the walls while you're at it. It's filthy. Anyway, apparently someone didn't get the memo to actually sell our stuff, so he's been replaced. We've put out some advertizing, hopefully we'll be rolling in the big bucks any day now.

On another note, no more telepathy on the zombies. It's existentially depressing and I can't be having any of that smartass psychologicalwhatsit in my company. Get their meaty bits working and maybe we can get those guys who died to the giant off their cold asses. Den Smithson, out."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2014, 07:52:09 pm »

July, Year 1

"So here's the new plan, we're going to be swapping a few of you around a bit because of various emotional trauma. Pansies. Anyway, we're going to keep trying to talk to this thing, see if we can't shove some ethics in it's nightmarish head. Someone get some guys to get the bodies out of there too, maybe clean the walls while you're at it. It's filthy. Anyway, apparently someone didn't get the memo to actually sell our stuff, so he's been replaced. We've put out some advertizing, hopefully we'll be rolling in the big bucks any day now.

On another note, no more telepathy on the zombies. It's existentially depressing and I can't be having any of that smartass psychologicalwhatsit in my company. Get their meaty bits working and maybe we can get those guys who died to the giant off their cold asses. Den Smithson, out."

You switch around your scientists' research roster, ensuring that none of the same scientists have to do work with their new phobias. The new scientists you hired are set to work on translating the giant and working on the resurrection rune. The previous, more traumatized scientists begin researching other runes, such as the destruction and creation runes and enchantment runes. You fund a PR push to advertise your guild. Hopefully that ad Duncan paid for will be some help.

The new translation team get to work as soon as they can, fascinated by the rune giant living in the lab. In the two months of its life it has grown quite a lot, and has to lie down and crawl to move around. It doesn't seem to mind, though. They manage to transcribe the spoken runic with the written, and understand some of what it has to say. The head scientist of the translation research is Dr. Monroe.

"Good news, sir! We can understand most of what the giant is saying. Bad news, sir, is that we can't speak runic."

"Well, start practicing! Learning a language isn't hard, doctor."

"It's not that sir, it's just that to pronounce the language properly we need 11 tongues. But, we have a workaround! All we need to do is to write down deactivated runes and lay them out to the giant to read!"

They get on that, trying to ask the giant what its name is and how he can speak if he's only a month old. "My halaj is Dath. I am Rune Ganit. I am reincarnation of the Runic God, Dath-Baal. Thank you, malal, for birthing me into my hojah. As a gift of thanks, I will not destroy your race. I see that you know runic, the language of the ganit hok, the great ones. I am happy to share my knowledge with you, in exchange for..."

"For what?" Dr. Monroe writes.

"For my beloved, Hola-Baal. She died when the monra, the world, was created, for she loved the world and would not leave its birth. That is why of all the worlds in the starlands, yours has life. I want you to bring her back, like you brought me back. I will help you in any way I can."

Dath shares his knowledge of runes with you. You can create almost all the ancient runes of the past! However, to make new variations you must research. Ask the GM for the lexicon of runes.

Meanwhile on the resurrection front, you forbid the use of telepathy runes on zombies. The new research team happily agrees to, after hearing the story of the previous scientist who did so. Since Dath has given them the runes required, the resurrection rune gives the user full control of the zombies until the rune is destroyed. The rune must be held in hand by the user and the command must be spoken aloud.  You tell them to resurrect the dead scientists in Dath's lair, but you are met by fierce opposition by a few of your older scientists and staff. They do, however, agree to take the bodies out of the room, and Dath lets them through unharmed.

In the PR section, you commission more ads to sell your new runes. You can't really efficiently mass produce them just yet, but you create a few and have a few hundred or so in stock. You get quite a good number of buyers, and you soon sell out most of your stock, earning 50,000 Cor. Your guild has also gotten some fame from this. Duncan's ad also helped, which is displayed prominently on cereal boxes, featuring Duncan, the swaggering suave man posing with a rune while eating a bowl of Slime-Os.

Spoiler: 23rd Floor News (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workforce (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Funding/Fame (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2014, 08:01:00 pm »

Lexicon. Lets see it!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2014, 08:07:57 pm »

What kind of runes do you want to see?  The GM does not wish to list out the entire lexicon.
Dying of laughter?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2014, 08:09:47 pm »

The natural monsters there, slimes, rats and boars, are relatively harmless and even domesticated and made into many daily life products.

"Git yer slime cream, git yer slime cream!  Smeethes out the wrenkles, birns off the deed liyer of skein!  Lik furty years yinger, lik furty sheeds radder!"

...I don't know why the anti-aging slime cream salesman has that accent, but I feel he should.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »

Teleportation Storage and Haste?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2014, 08:14:24 pm »

Also invest in a rune factory on the second or the third floors to mass produce runes. The more out on the market for the clear guilds the better they'll be able to do.

What kind of runes do you want to see?  The GM does not wish to list out the entire lexicon.

How about:

Dark fire runes? Runes that once touches a living person it engulfs them and creates a being of dark fire with the same abilities but...much hotter.

Summoning runes that will summon the users inner spiritual animal.

Suicide runes when used will make enemies stronger but will reduce their will power immensely to such a point that they may commit...permanent life changes.

Make these suggestions especially dangerous.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »

None of those make any sense whatsoever.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2014, 08:31:04 pm »

Okay derm let's take the Dark Fire runes. Why wouldn't they make sense for a magical rune?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12