Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Dungeon Guild (TSG)  (Read 10995 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Guild (TSG)
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2014, 01:21:11 am »

Perhaps we could use the time-slowing rune that we came up with while researching stasis on it, if we have something that could slow it down enough to make it less harmful while still allowing us to try to learn how to communicate with it?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:16 am »

Research telepathy runes.  Hire a full team to do it (1 scientist + 10 assistants), and see if we can't think like a giant.  Also, logistics.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2014, 08:46:08 am »

Request five more scientists. that way we can assign multiple to a project. I would suggest half to translation and half to resurrection.
also:
Research telepathy runes.  Hire a full team to do it (1 scientist + 10 assistants), and see if we can't think like a giant.  Also, logistics.
Perhaps we could use the time-slowing rune that we came up with while researching stasis on it, if we have something that could slow it down enough to make it less harmful while still allowing us to try to learn how to communicate with it?
+1

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »

Ok, that didn't work... what abaut taking a (labrat) skelleton/mumified corpes, still clearly counting as a corpse, and grafting weapons and heavy armor and metal and leather reinforcements to it before resurrecting? What abaut sewing multtiple ones together centipede-style?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2014, 01:55:25 pm »

Shouldn't we make sure that we can control the resulting zombies first?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »

Shouldn't we make sure that we can control the resulting zombies first?
Or on them not being zombies?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »

Nah, what could go wrong?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2014, 06:32:09 pm »

Gonna work on the turn. Better finalize your actions (and assign how many scientists and assistants you want on a project! They give you bonuses!)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »

"All right folks, our egg hatched, and now we gotta figure out what to do with it. Someone get to work on translating that gobbldegook it's saying, and if it steps out of bounds, freeze it. Actually, see if you can't modify it so that it just slows it down really really slow. Anyway, we're going to be getting some more personell soon, so brush up those people skills. You can start by seeing if you can't make some sort of mind to mind communication rune. Secrets will be spilled, so watch your thoughts. Especially Jim. There were witnesses. Resurrection team, keep working on that. Try to see if you can make them less 'shambling horrors' and more 'shambling workaholics.' otherwise, don't let them bite you. It's gross.

Dan Smithson out.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:42:28 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2014, 07:55:03 pm »

June, Year 1

"All right folks, our egg hatched, and now we gotta figure out what to do with it. Someone get to work on translating that gobbldegook it's saying, and if it steps out of bounds, freeze it. Actually, see if you can't modify it so that it just slows it down really really slow. Anyway, we're going to be getting some more personell soon, so brush up those people skills. You can start by seeing if you can't make some sort of mind to mind communication rune. Secrets will be spilled, so watch your thoughts. Especially Jim. There were witnesses. Resurrection team, keep working on that. Try to see if you can make them less 'shambling horrors' and more 'shambling workaholics.' otherwise, don't let them bite you. It's gross.

Dan Smithson out."

You send a scientist and a team of assistants to work on translating the Rune Giant. The scientist looks at you with a mix of worry and anger. "We should just kill the thing! It murdered my best friend!" Murmurs of agreement spread among his assistants. With some calming you manage to convince them to just do it, and give them a stasis rune just in case anything goes wrong. The scientist and his team find that the language the giant is speaking is actually the spoken form of the runic language, while the runes themselves are the written form. The giant stays in the room, toying with the bodies, fascinated by the world he was born in, much to the disgust of your workers.

You set another team to work on telepathy runes. They discover a very basic one that allows one to read thoughts, but not to place thoughts or receive thoughts. With the very basic slimes they have to test on they will take around five months to get real results.

The resurrection team continues with their work. They combine the new telepathy rune to see what the undead are thinking, which actually isn't much except for "FOOD" and "PAIN" and some "KILL ME", but the scientist working on it doesn't seem to be that much disturbed. Come to think of it, he hasn't left his lab in a month. When you decide to check up on him you find his lab a wreck, him crying in a corner, arcpistol in hand. The corpses of the undead slimes lie dead again around him. You can hear him whispering to himself when you try to get near him.

"I-I could feel their pain. It was too much, too much! I needed to end their misery..." he sobs. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He raises the gun to his head, but you pull it away and throw it across the room. You call for security and they take him to the lounge to give him some rest.

The rest of your guild heard about the incident, and everyone seems to be in a gloomy mood. The stasis team tries to shake the bad thoughts out by focusing on their research. They reach another point of progress as they created a two-part stasis rune that can control the slowing or speeding of time, as well as the radius of the affected area. The progress lifts their spirits up, though not by a lot.

The new scientists arrive by the end of the month. The five are excited to finally be in the Tower and be in their first guild, but their enthusiasm isn't showed in kind by the gloom and darkness of your guild members. Anyways, they introduce themselves to you and you show them around the guildhall.

Spoiler: 23rd Floor News (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workforce (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Funding/Fame (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2014, 07:59:59 pm »

Did we not send shit to try to help with the trap?

I thought I said we would do that.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2014, 08:12:09 pm »

You did? Sorry, I honestly didn't see where it was. The door's open anyway so yeah.

Bold your actions so the GM sees it!
Dying of laughter?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2014, 08:13:06 pm »

Oh, right.

The speech is supposed to be the 'summed up' action. I just kinda don't bold it.

How do you like them by the way? :3

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »

I like it. :) I think it adds to the game, make it feel more real.
Dying of laughter?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2014, 08:18:46 pm »

If you haven't noticed yet we're basically fantasy cave johnson.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12