Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Dungeon Guild (TSG)  (Read 10961 times)

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Guild (TSG)
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10:12 pm »

For the sheer shenanigans value, lets wall off Lab 1 or whatever lab the evil root is in using the creation runes and throw the chaos rune in with it. The way I see it,it's more likely that it will turn into smething good or neutral, because it can't stay the same, and we can just stasis it if it turns into something worse. Also +1 to calling in a Clear Guild just in case it really hits the fan.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 03:39:14 pm »

For the sheer shenanigans value, lets wall off Lab 1 or whatever lab the evil root is in using the creation runes and throw the chaos rune in with it. The way I see it,it's more likely that it will turn into smething good or neutral, because it can't stay the same, and we can just stasis it if it turns into something worse. Also +1 to calling in a Clear Guild just in case it really hits the fan.
+1 for potentially world destroying feedback potential
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 03:47:31 pm »

"Okay so this just in, we're going to continue work on the stasis runes. The ability to hold something in place while we do things to it is too great to ignore. The plant situation is being dealt with, mainly by sealing it in and throwing as much chaotic energy as feasible at it in hopes that whatever results is less deadly. A group from the Clear guild will be on guard in case it starts spitting acid and eating through the walls. If toxic spores start coming out of the vents, it is probably a good idea to make any last minute changes to your will. Den Smithson out."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »

March, Year 1

"Okay so this just in, we're going to continue work on the stasis runes. The ability to hold something in place while we do things to it is too great to ignore. The plant situation is being dealt with, mainly by sealing it in and throwing as much chaotic energy as feasible at it in hopes that whatever results is less deadly. A group from the Clear guild will be on guard in case it starts spitting acid and eating through the walls. If toxic spores start coming out of the vents, it is probably a good idea to make any last minute changes to your will. Den Smithson out."

The scientific research has been cancelled this month due to the Evil Root incident, for safety reasons, except for the stasis runes, which you assign all your scientists with the lead scientist being the one who discovered the stasis rune. They make progress, though it helps little. They made a different rune where it slows down time instead of stopping it completely, but it is far too slow to be useful. They will attempt to make more progress.

You call for help from one of the Clear Guilds. Not many are willing to answer your call with the meager amount of money you have, but one relatively new Clear Guild, the Phoenix Spear, is eager to help and make a name for themselves. They send in a team of adventurers, not on par with many other Clear Guilds but still well-equipped to deal with the threat. They make a perimeter in and out of the lab, preparing scrolls in case of the worst scenario.

The plan to throw the chaos rune in the lab is met by frantic panic by your scientists. "It will just make it worse! That's insane!"

You attempt to calm them by saying, "If it gets any worse than already is, we'll just throw in a stasis rune, even if we lose the lab. Besides, never fear, the Phoenix Spear is here!"

The chaos rune is prepared and launched into the lab with the Evil Root. The lab bursts into green flames while the Evil Root burns in it, shrieking and flailing its vines. Suddenly, the green flames transform into flying bats, consuming the still-burning Evil Root. The bats fly to the walls, latching themselves to all the walls, the ceiling, and the floor, before exploding into flesh and melding with the room, creating a sort of black substance covering the lab. All the machinery and equipment suddenly start flying and twirling like a tornado, before crashing into each other and creating a strange machine, inside an organic thing beating like a heart. Lab 1 has become a womb for the Chrysalis!

The Phoenix Spear awaits your orders. They think they should stay, in case that thing becomes another monster, or it explodes, or something else unpleasant.

Spoiler: 23rd Floor News (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workforce (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 07:15:02 pm »

Hehe. Speeches are fun.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 07:21:33 pm »

If we can use a stasis rube on the chrysalis we won't have to worry about it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 07:24:44 pm »

We'll have one prepared, but not activated.

I wanna see our forsaken chaos-spawn

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2014, 07:46:07 pm »

Why can't we put projects on hold? I mean it seems stupid that we "completed" the creation and destruction runes with no one working on them. And is it possible to continue research on enchantment runes?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2014, 08:09:52 pm »

Set a team to researching the Crysalis. Keep the Clear team on standby.
We wanted more commoners, right?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2014, 09:53:55 pm »

Set a team to researching the Crysalis. Keep the Clear team on standby.
We wanted more commoners, right?

+1 this is turning out well lol.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »

April, Year 1

There is no speech for your employees this month, but you set them to work anyway. You have a stasis rune prepared for the worse and send a team to research the Chrysalis. The Clear team is on standby inside the womb-chamber as well. They study the strange organism in the mechanical womb. It's living and it's growing, but there's nothing like it in the Tower. The whole chamber rumbles rhythmically as the Chrysalis beats. Something tells you that it's growing fast. They'll see what happens within four months.

You set the other team to continue their research on the enchantment runes. They don't make any significant progress to the runes that they tell you, but they're working on making the enchantment runes affect more than one piece of equipment when they're worn together. They'll take a month or so to see results.

The team working on the stasis rune reports no progress as well. They're shaken up by the events these last few months. Hopefully they'll get over it soon.

The last scientist decided to do some research on his own. He has created the resurrection rune! It can raise plant and animal life from the dead, no matter how old the corpse is, but it will have lost its mind and have no semblance of its former self. He has been testing it on some slimes he brought with him, and he now has aggressive, zombie slimes. He's trying to make it so that they retain sentience after death. He needs six months before he can make results with the meager test subjects he has.

The reporter from Floor News has come to interview you. "Hello, Mr. Smithson, and good day to you. We've heard rumors about the unfortunate events in your guildhall about the man-made boss, the Evil Root, and your research on runes. Are these rumors true? And what are these runes you've made, could you show us around?"

Spoiler: 23rd Floor News (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workforce (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Funding (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 07:06:10 pm »

"Sure let me show you the evil root. Currently it's growing at a unknown pace but i assure you we already have a counter measure planned in case something were to happen. The Counter measure being this Stasis rune that would freeze the area indefinitely but we want to wait to see if we can kill the root and retake the lab.

Over here we show our other labs working on enchantment runes that strengthen any piece of equipment and resurrection runes.

Now this resurrection rune is still very early and has caused early experiments to come back as zombies, full of anger and no memory what so ever. Further research is being done, albeit at a slow pace, to remedy that problem. Well i think that's everything, also to the boys taking on that stronghold, we're cooking up good enchantment runes starting next month so sit tight and don't die so you can buy them. I Promise they'll be very economical and affordable."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 07:18:51 pm »

Aww, I didn't know it was finalized, I would made somthin'.

"Rumors schmumors News man, we've been on the hyperexpress to knowledge, accidents are expected to happen. Why, just now we've set up a nice little home for an alien chaospawn egg. Some nice decoration, some chrono-freezers, about fifty kilotons of explosives- Wait, Ford what do you mean we don't have explosives? Where the hell are those rods of fireball?  Really, in transit? I thought we got rid of all those. Damn Roachmen, they survive anything short of decapitation and burning. Ford! Remind me to bring in some roachmen!

Anyway Runes! We've got plenty of runes. Let me show you around. This here is a slightly inaccurate drawing of a rune of pure, unmolested destruction. Will literally  blow your socks off. Carve this on a wood disc and toss at problem, boom, no more problem.

This here is another slightly inaccurate creation rune. Need a wall? A floor? A gigantic murderplant that smells your fear? This is your boy! Get a pile of debris and weeks of work, done! I heard about a little trap down in the lower floors, I'll be sending them some samples soon, they can just wall over the floor, ceiling and walls and boom! No triggering hyperspeed rays of hoarfrost.

We're researching a few more projects but they're still in development, watch your step I think there's still a few time locked flies about. Hurts like hell and digs as deep as an arrow if you walk fast enough. Now theres an idea... Ford! Order a few spools of thread! Don't mind the groaning either, that's a work in progress. Sort of a 'Pocket Arch-Cleric' if you will.

Anyway, that's all we have time for. Tell your boss I said he still owes me for that stint five years ago. Den Smithson, Interstice Thaumaturgy, out."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:21:03 pm by Dermonster »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2014, 07:21:58 pm »

Aww, I didn't know it was finalized, I would made somthin'.

"Rumors schmumors News man, we've been on the hyperexpress to knowledge, accidents are expected to happen. Why, just now we've set up a nice little home for an alien chaospawn egg. Some nice decoration, some chrono-freezers, about fifty kilotons of explosives- Wait, Ford what do you mean we don't have explosives? Where the hell are those rods of fireball?  Really, in transit? I thought we got rid of all those. Damn Roachmen, they survive anything short of decapitation and burning. Ford! Remind me to bring in some roachmen!

Anyway Runes! We've got plenty of runes. Let me show you around. This here is a slightly inaccurate drawing of a rune of pure, unmolested destruction. Will literally  blow your socks off. Carve this on a wood disc and toss at problem, boom, no more problem.

This here is another slightly inaccurate creation rune. Need a wall? A floor? A gigantic murderplant that smells your fear? This is your boy! Get a pile of debris and weeks of work, done! I heard about a little trap down in the lower floors, I'll be sending them some samples soon, they can just wall over the floor, ceiling and walls and boom! No triggering hyperspeed rays of hoarfrost.

We're researching a few more projects but they're still in development, watch your step I think there's still a few time locked flies about. Hurts like hell and digs as deep as an arrow if you walk fast enough. Now theres an idea... Ford! Order a few spools of thread! Don't mind the groaning either, that's a work in progress. Sort of a 'Pocket Arch-Cleric' if you will.

Anyway, that's all we have time for. Tell your boss I said he still owes me for that stint five years ago. Den Smithson, Interstice Thaumaturgy, out."

Clearly derm beat me. +1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2014, 07:22:46 pm »

Put out an ad for clear guilds to capture better test subjects for the resurrection rune with an offering of 50,000 Cor. Think of the money we could make off of this if we get it to work on humans!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12