Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting tree huggers to declare war on you  (Read 978 times)

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Getting tree huggers to declare war on you
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:06:10 pm »

I'm currently trying to make the pointy ears declare war (or at least send an ambush or two) to my .40 fort. What seems to be the typical needed offense to achieve that?

To the moment I have plundered four caravans in a row, they don't seem to get the memo. I'm stealing them instead of annihilating them due to cleanliness and less hauling needed afterwards. Should I change this? .40 seems to work in mysterious ways.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Getting tree huggers to declare war on you
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:15:44 pm »

.40.05 you should get Elven diplomats. They'll give youa hint on what to do...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 07:41:50 pm »

I'm currently on 40.05, yes, but they seem to have forgotten to send one for now.

We'll see if painting my depot red with elven blood works. Hurts my mind seeing all that stuff lying around though.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 07:48:07 pm »

Sell them wooden items. For some reason they object to trees getting cut down to be made into trinkets?
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 03:54:46 pm »

I'm currently on 40.05, yes, but they seem to have forgotten to send one for now.

We'll see if painting my depot red with elven blood works. Hurts my mind seeing all that stuff lying around though.
As Prof. Lemur says, sell them wood.  Also, make sure to let one of them escape to spread the word if you decide to bathe in the blood of the hypocritical-hippie-tree-lovers.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »

I think you need a baron to get diplomats. My fort hasn't developed to that point yet. If you kill the elven diplomat, will the elves declare war on you? that's what happens when you kill a human diplomat.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.